Unconfirmed address on paypal question...

s dubl

Supporter
I havent sold anything for a minute, and all these scammer threads have me kinda shook.

If a buyer doesnt have a confirmed address, but I ship using paypal, and get sig confirmation am I covered? BTW this is not on ebay.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally Posted by s dubl

I havent sold anything for a minute, and all these scammer threads have me kinda shook.

If a buyer doesnt have a confirmed address, but I ship using paypal, and get sig confirmation am I covered? BTW this is not on ebay.

got this from the paypal website 
Check out your buyers
  • Do they have a Confirmed address?
  • What is their eBay feedback score?
  • Is their PayPal account verified?

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by s dubl

got this from the paypal website 
Check out your buyers
  • Do they have a Confirmed address?
  • What is their eBay feedback score?
  • Is their PayPal account verified?
No confirmed address
sale is not on ebay
yes, its verified

If the account is verified & you received your payment but they're address is unconfirmed, that's fine. For a while, my address was not confirmed and the steps to get it confirmed did not work so I just waited until paypal confirmed it for me.

If its unconfirmed then you're not protected. That's the equivalent to sending it to a random address

My address wasn't confirmed for the longest time because I would use "Apt R4" rather than just "R4", paypal is really dumb with that stuff

Originally Posted by solemunchies

If the account is verified & you received your payment but they're address is unconfirmed, that's fine. For a while, my address was not confirmed and the steps to get it confirmed did not work so I just waited until paypal confirmed it for me.
confidence level rising.....

anyone else care to chime in?

btw, thanks again to those posting.. and in advance to those that will.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

If its unconfirmed then you're not protected. That's the equivalent to sending it to a random address

pimp.gif

i only go by where the buyer protection is green im good to go. sometimes it says they are confirmed then it says unconfirmed after you sent payment.just check if it says you are protected for that transaction in green

Originally Posted by PO2345

No protection given if address is unconfirmed.

PO

i have had a few transaction where they were unconfirmed and i was still protected according to paypal so i dunno

Ah nevermind you're partially protected, according to paypal
Items sold on websites other than eBay will generally be marked eligible if the shipping address is confirmed, and partially eligible if the shipping address is unconfirmed.
If an item is marked partially eligible, protection will be granted for item not received disputes only.
So, you're not protected if the guy says the payment was unauthorized, but you're protected if he says he didn't get it.

Says partially eligible.... Details say if I prove item was delivered I'm protected.

my new thing is adult signature confirmation.you pay extra but i think its worth it specially when dealing with youngins

Last time I checked, they came out with a new policy that was as long as you ship to the address on the details page and have shipping proof, you're covered.

if his account is verified then why isnt his address confirmed? kinda weird IMO

I dont understand why if the buyers address isnt confirmed, the seller loses protection. Makes no sense to me...

Sdubl, make sure to use signature confirmation if the money amount is over $250.

I decided to ship... the buyer and I agreed on a price a few days ago, and he paid me today. I feel if he was trying to scam he wouldve said eff it and pay right away since he'd have money coming back to him anyway.

I printed the label through paypal, and got sig conf (even though it was less than 250) for piece of mind.

I was unconfirmed at one time, and Ive shipped many times to unconfirmed addresses with no problems (knock on wood).

I appreciate all the help NT!

Back
Top Bottom