Unemployed Brother. ESPN Fires Rob Parker for Comments.

I found him really annoying when he was on first take. I changed the Chanel instantly when he was on

^Exactly

Of course he gets fired and not any of the people who actually okayed the segment. :rolleyes

it sucks espn runs sports

he could always go to NFL network

with warren sapp deion sanders and michael irvin 
laugh.gif

Very unnecessary to say on air.

Stephen A said it best when he said he felt uncomfortable. I think millions of people felt uncomfortable watching that idiot talk.

You gotta keep your barbershop talk in the barbershop man, we all do.

Stephen A said it best when he said he felt uncomfortable. I think millions of people felt uncomfortable watching that idiot talk.

First Take is promoted as barbershop talk so his comments were right in line and weren't as egregious as stuff said before this. The outrage forced them to make a call on suspending him.

Last edited:

First Take is promoted as barbershop talk so his comments were right in line and weren't as egregious as stuff said before this. The outrage forced them to make a call on suspending him.

Yeah it has a barbershop feel to it, but really?

Your saying that him questioning the blackness of a young man on national tv has anything to do with sports?

C'mon man... it was a horrible segment, whoever produced it should of been fired as well.

Yeah it has a barbershop feel to it, but really?

Your saying that him questioning the blackness of a young man on national tv has anything to do with sports?

C'mon man... it was a horrible segment, whoever produced it should of been fired as well.
There are many First Take segments that have nothing to do with sports. I would be okay with Parker's dismissal if the producers who green lighted it were reprimanded as well, but as we've seen before (with the Lin racial slur), ESPN fires replaceable lackeys and doesn't admit responsibility or lack thereof.

Last edited:
I mean I watch First Take almost every day bro.
Yeah some things are off topic, but they havent done anything that awkward or unnecessary since Ive started watching.

Scapegoat or not, all im saying was no one wanted to watch that. It was horrible.

There are a lot of things that we all think and talk about with our close friends in private places, but you know damn well you wouldnt say some of those things in a large crowd.

Especially to the race of people that you might of been talking about.

Im not saying its not realistic that people discuss it, obviously it is.

All im saying is i dont tune into ESPN to see a guy telling us a QB isnt black enough.

View media item 207915
Rob Parker is up there as one of the most annoying tv personalities. I honestly think they just throw him in there to make Skip a little more likeable. And the fact that Skip is actually likeable when those two are on the air together speaks a lot. I'm glad he got the boot

Damn I'mma miss Stephen A clowning on dudes Pink Panther sounding voice and his ugly *** suits :lol:
But thats about it lol

He was definitely used as the scapegoat but what he said was out of line and dumb. I don't think he shoulda been fired for it though.

Back
Top Bottom