Universal Studios (theme park) Appreciation Thread - NINTENDO-LAND A GO!

eek.gif

I need to visit.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Why say kid in you if most Harry Potter fans are now grown.......

I say most fans are older

I do say that because I was a kid when read the books and that is one of the main reasons I want to visit the place.
Makes me want to read the whole series again.

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- It's official: "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter[emoji]8482[/emoji]" will open at Universal Studios Hollywood on Thursday, April 7, 2016, marking the highly-anticipated arrival of the West Coast's dynamic new immersive experience at The Entertainment Capital of L.A.

This eagerly-awaited news coincides with the launch of the destination's spellbinding campaign, which is stylistically designed to sweep guests into the land's magical world through the lens of imagination.

The campaign is anchored by a new television spot designed to build suspense and enthusiasm while evoking a sense of wonder and succinctly capture the magical appeal that "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" has for cross-generational consumers as it announces the April 7 opening date.

In making the exciting announcement, Universal Studios Hollywood illuminated the land's Hogwarts castle to signal the arrival of today's momentous news.

More than five years in the making, and inspired by J.K. Rowling's compelling stories and characters that were brought to life in the Warner Bros. films, "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" is being masterfully recreated with impeccable detail as a real-world interpretation at Universal Studios Hollywood. The land will be faithful to the visual landscape of the fiction and films, including Hogwarts castle which will serve as its iconic focal point.

From its snow-capped roofs and cobblestone streets to the historic British sensibilities that characterize the whimsical look and feel of the land, "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" will transport guests of all ages to the very places they read about in the stories or watched on the silver screen.

Upon entering the land through the archway, Hogsmeade will bustle to life with the same vitality of a quaint local village: merchants hard at work, a train conductor welcoming new arrivals and a pub packed to the gills with hungry patrons, but with the added element of enthusiastic guests intent on experiencing them all, including the land's signature ride, "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey," and the family outdoor coaster, "Flight of the Hippogriff[emoji]8482[/emoji]."

An achievement in pioneering theme park ride technology, "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" will make its U.S. debut at Universal Studios Hollywood in hyper-realistic 3D-HD designed to further immerse guests in an already engaging storyline. The multidimensional thrill ride features a groundbreaking robotics ride system, fused with elaborate filmed action sequences and immersive visceral effects. In this updated adaptation of the ride, guests will sport Quidditch-inspired 3D goggles as they venture through journeys experienced by Harry and his friends, spiraling and pivoting 360-degrees along an elevated ride track on a whirlwind adventure of a lifetime.

Also within "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," the enchanting family coaster, "Flight of the Hippogriff[emoji]8482[/emoji]" will open as Universal Studios Hollywood's first outdoor roller coaster.

"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" will resonate with immense detail, inviting guests to revel in Harry Potter's world with the opportunity to enjoy authentic food and beverage at multiple locations, including Three Broomsticks[emoji]8482[/emoji], and Hog's Head pub, as well as the Magic Neep and Butterbeer[emoji]8482[/emoji] carts.

A foray through the shops will add to the authenticity of the land with eight retail venues and locations, including Honeydukes[emoji]8482[/emoji], Ollivanders[emoji]8482[/emoji], Owl Post[emoji]8482[/emoji], Zonko's[emoji]8482[/emoji] Joke Shop, Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods[emoji]8482[/emoji].

Currently, Universal Studios Hollywood in-park guests can experience and purchase authentic merchandise, including wands, robes and other collectibles from "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," available within the Features Presentation shop, located just inside the theme park's main entry.

As the countdown to the April 7th opening date continues, the website invites guests to learn more by signing up for the latest news and information at www.universalstudioshollywood.com/harrypotter/signup.

Last edited:
Can't believe this has been a 5 year old thread in the making. Anyways I'm excited.

Need to find me a female to go with :lol:

The thread was initially about the one on Florida, they're just opening one up here in California in a few months.

Universal Studios Hollywood is like 10 minutes away from me, used to have an annual pass but stopped getting it about 5-6 years ago, this definitely got me to buy another annual pass especially since there's lots of new attractions I haven't been on like Transformers, Simpsons Ride, King Kong 3D and the Fast & Furious. It's going to feel like visiting a brand new amusement park.

Then it's going to be Star Wars Land next year (or 2017) in Disneyland.

Last edited:
Dang G. That's dope.

I been on all those :lol:

But im a huge Harry Potter fan myself. So I need to go.

The one in Orlando is awesome, visited it last year with my girl. She loves Harry Potter so I'm gonna try and get opening tickets for this lol. I know it'll be crazy but it'll be fun, it's cool how the workers stay in character.

nt harry potter summit?

:lol:

Bring the heat (wands) :lol:.

I don't know how to do a spoiler but we each have wands. We were chosen for the wand show where the wand chooses it's wizard, it was pretty cool so we ended up buying them as a souvenir.

Soft opening/tech rehearsals have been going on since last week at Universal Studios Hollywood.

When it's open and close are unpredictable but it seems open a lot lately and probably going to be open more and more. Just check out #potterwatch on twitter to see when they are open when you are visiting, queue lines for the Forbidden Journey rides been 5 minutes so this is probably the best time to visit if you want to check 'em out without any lines.

Last edited:
Idk man
Universal is kinda wack
Besides the transformers ride which is dope as ****
The Simpsons ride which is kinda cool
And that mummy ride that starts off so damn dope till u realize it's over :smh: :lol:
I swear that mummy ride is only like 15 seconds :lol:
Universal studios is boring
Needs actual roller coasters
Only one is that mummy ride
That lot tour/King Kong ride is ok
And so is Jurassic park
But not worth going more than once a year
If even that
Haven't even been since like 2014
Oh **** the haunted maze or whatever is dope too
Damn near fell
And pushed my girl out the way
and ran outta there when a werewolf jumped outta some bushes

Never did the Halloween haunt there though
Now THAT looks legit
I always wanna do it but my girl be like no

Last edited:
:lol: @ pushing your girl out of the way

To me, one big benefit is that I am literally 10 minutes away from Universal so it's cool to me. Plus I haven't been there in so long that all those rides are new to me (Simpsons, Transformers, King-Kong, F&F, Minion, etc...). And yeah main reason I haven't gone in a while is because they are much smaller than Disney and a lot less attractions but now seems to be the right time to get an AP (it's only like $30 more from the day pass I think since I am in SoCal).

I never get tired of Jurassic Park and Waterworld though, I do wish they upgraded Jurassic Park when World came out. And yeah Mummy ride is short AF :lol: and cheap.

But really if they offered AP with free parking, I might be more inclined to visit more often and might have an AP every year.

What could really help them though is if they had a payment plan program for APs like Disney does, really not sure why they don't do it yet.

Last edited:
by the way, I saw reports that they are doing some demolishing and constructions that might open up new attractions in the near future but no confirmation yet

It is crazy though that I read a report that JK Rowling actually chose Universal to get the HP world instead of Disney but imagine if Disney got their hands on them and then Star Wars? Universal might as well close :lol:

:lol: @ pushing your girl out of the way

To me, one big benefit is that I am literally 10 minutes away from Universal so it's cool to me. Plus I haven't been there in so long that all those rides are new to me (Simpsons, Transformers, King-Kong, F&F, Minion, etc...). And yeah main reason I haven't gone in a while is because they are much smaller than Disney and a lot less attractions but now seems to be the right time to get an AP (it's only like $30 more from the day pass I think since I am in SoCal).

I never get tired of Jurassic Park and Waterworld though, I do wish they upgraded Jurassic Park when World came out. And yeah Mummy ride is short AF :lol: and cheap.

But really if they offered AP with free parking, I might be more inclined to visit more often and might have an AP every year.

What could really help them though is if they had a payment plan program for APs like Disney does, really not sure why they don't do it yet.
When I went in 2012 2013 and 2014
They had that buy a day get the whole year annual pass thing
Were basically a season pass was the price of a day pass
They don't have that anymore????

Also that Jurassic park ride is soooo damn old
That's their problem they don't update **** :smh:
That shrek 4d thing is horrible too

by the way, I saw reports that they are doing some demolishing and constructions that might open up new attractions in the near future but no confirmation yet

It is crazy though that I read a report that JK Rowling actually chose Universal to get the HP world instead of Disney but imagine if Disney got their hands on them and then Star Wars? Universal might as well close :lol:
Knowing Disney they wanted the rights to everything
And she didn't wanna give that up
Disney is ruthless when it comes to acquiring ip
Yeah and if I remember correctly also universal also got the rights to Nintendo
So I expect a Mario kart roller coaster in the near future

Knowing Disney they wanted the rights to everything
And she didn't wanna give that up
Disney is ruthless when it comes to acquiring ip
Yeah and if I remember correctly also universal also got the rights to Nintendo
So I expect a Mario kart roller coaster in the near future

man if they could do an immersive Mario Kart Racing ride(employing the techniques that Toy Story Mania does) I'm all in.

Haven't been to Universal in 10+ years

Back
Top Bottom