Universal Studios (theme park) Appreciation Thread - NINTENDO-LAND A GO!

I went yesterday i had a good time with my aunts and uncle. The rides were fun. I liked the studio tour the most and simpson land. There were some fine breezys there too. I won a krusty doll in the shooting basketball game. My jumper was kinda weak tho. Overall great day

Nintendo “worlds” of attractions coming to Universal Studios parks

Nintendo will provide fans a way to put themselves in the game at Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando and Universal Hollywood, and it won’t require use of a VR headset. The Mario-maker is teaming up with the theme park operator for a new set of attractions that Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto and Universal’s Mark Woodbury describe as “worlds” for fans to experience.

Details of the new Nintendo parks are scarce at the moment, but Woodbury notes in the announcement video above that they’re creating entire “worlds,” which are designed to “transport” visitors “as if they had just walked into their game platform.” Miyamoto says that it’ll be like “Mario will finally feel like he came home” when the attractions finally open.

All the Nintendo “Worlds” will include attractions as well as shops and restaurants, and will open over the course of the next few years, but expect more details to trickle out gradually.

only thing that sucks is they close so early, 6pm is just way too damn early

Bout to cop some season passes for univeral too, I'll wait till Disney finishes avatar land and the remodeling of Hollywood studios to cop those again

Can't wait for Nintendo Land to open. If it's anything like Dr. Seuss land, I expect great things.

They should start pushing the older Mario cartoon and stuff in preparation for it.

So much possibilities with Nintendo-Land, Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Dnkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, etc...

Also, the success of Fantastic Beasts has them considering integrating it to the parks. I hope they add something like the dragon from Florida to the one in LA.

Last edited:
Universal Studios Hollywood drops 3-D from Harry Potter attraction

Universal Studios Hollywood has removed the 3-D special effect from its Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride only eight months after the attraction opened as the centerpiece of the park’s most expensive expansion.

The Harry Potter dark ride, a complex combination of 3-D video images projected on wraparound screens and animatronic characters, is similar to the Forbidden Journey attraction at Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Fla. But the Florida version doesn’t have the 3-D effect, one of the souped-up elements touted at the April opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Over the weekend, park workers stopped distributing 3-D glasses to guests and reverted the projected videos in the ride to standard 2-D images.

Theme park officials were tight-lipped about the change, releasing this brief statement: “We continually evaluate our theme park ride experiences, and enabling our guests to enjoy Forbidden Journey without the use of 3-D is one example of how we are assessing various opportunities.”

Theme park experts and fans speculate that the 3-D effect may have been removed because — when combined with the moving seats — too many riders became nauseated.

Jonathan Green, managing editor for InsideUniversal.net, a website that reports on developments in the theme park, said he took family members on the ride before and after the 3-D glasses were removed and found that they enjoyed the attraction more without the glasses.

“I know a lot of people weren’t able to handle the ride with the 3-D,” he said.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is the featured attraction at the $500-million expansion that opened in April, part of Universal Studios Hollywood’s efforts to complete with its biggest rival, Disneyland.

When the ride first opened, reports circulated on social media that some guests experienced motion sickness, although park officials said they had not received an unusually high number of complaints of nausea from riders.

Visual 3-D effects have been in use for years in other Universal Studios attractions, such as Despicable Me, Minion Mayhem, Transformers the Ride: 3D and King Kong 360: 3D. But the Harry Potter ride tries to give riders the sensation of flying by lifting and tilting the seats dramatically as they watch moving 3-D scenery on a wraparound screen.

it honestly didn't bother me but I know a lot that just got dizzy after the ride

Yea, the dragon on top of the bank in Diagon Alley was dope. I didn't fully appreciate it because I hadn't watch a HP movie prior to going. Everyone was standing around waiting so I did too, after about a min or so it breathed the fire and you could feel the heat. Can't wait to go back and take the kids.

I almost had a panic attack when them spiders came out.

First one might be Mario Kart? Second one could be Metroid Prime in space? Not sure about the third, seems too kiddish.

Universal seeks patent for flight simulator and drift-racer rides

Universal City Studios has filed three patent applications, including an attraction that resembles a race car from a Nintendo video game.

The race car, dubbed a “Drift Racer,” would hold two passengers and allow them to control the speed and rear tires with a steering wheel, according to the patent application. The unique feature of the attraction is that the back end of the car would be able to drift or fishtail, based on how the riders steer or accelerate the vehicle.

Another application describes a flight-simulator ride that puts riders in what resembles an Iron Man suit. The riders are suspended from an overhead frame that lets them pitch and sway to simulate the sensation of flying, according to the patent application.

Although the Walt Disney Co. purchased Marvel Entertainment in 2009, the characters created by Marvel, including Spider-Man and the Hulk, already appear in attractions at Universal Studios parks in Orlando and Japan under intellectual property rights agreements.

A third application describes an attraction that lets riders slide on their bellies on a “mat racer” down a slippery slope. The mat racer looks like a sled, with two handles near the front of the mat that riders can grasp as they slide downward.

A spokesman for NBCUniversal, the parent company for Universal Studios Parks and Resorts, declined to comment on the patents.

Universal Studios Parks and Resorts announced last year that it had reached an agreement with Nintendo to create attractions based on the company’s popular video games such as “Super Mario Bros.,” “Donkey Kong,” “Pokemon” and “Legend of Zelda.”

Last month, Universal elaborated slightly, saying that “expansive, immersive and interactive” Nintendo-themed areas would open at the three parks in the next few years.

Park representatives haven’t given details about the Nintendo deal or the attractions or say where the rides would be added in the parks. Still, Universal Studios Parks and Resorts has been spending heavily in the past few years, adding new attractions almost annually to better compete with rivals such as Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Last edited:
That's during the Olympics over there too so it's going to be crazy crowded, got to wait til the year after.

I hope they have more things planned for Universal Studios Hollywood til it comes over here, Harry Potter isn't going to get people to keep coming back.

Mario > Olympics

feel like it shouldnt be too bad since Osaka is a ways away from Tokyo.

Last edited:
Damn. i missed the 3D experience.

About those times though. You go to universal. Leave early. Get some grub and then hit up the biddies at saddle ranch

Leaked Map Claims to Show Nintendo Land in Universal Orlando

Channel 9 has learned through sources familiar with the project that a significant part of the kid zone will be closed.

E.T. will stay, but Woody Woodpecker and Barney will be torn down.

In its place, Channel 9 has confirmed a Mario Kart ride will be coming to Orlando. It will be a moving track ride where guests wear augmented reality glasses to feel like they're moving through a video game.

“It will not be a basic car ride. Whether it's augmented reality or some kind of scoring thing in the real world. There will be a score element, race element to it and that is what's going to make the ride re-rideable,” said Rick Munarriz with The Motely Fool.

Nintendo World will also have a Donkey Kong roller coaster, plus a number of interactive areas with plans for floating coins in mid-air that will spin on a kind of magnetic system.

"These characters are very familiar to people, of all generations,” said Munarriz. "There's a lot of potential here for this to be a lot bigger than just die-hard gamers."

Last edited:
Pretty hyped about that mario kart ride! hope it's a Toy Story Mania type presentation as far as 3D, tech goes, but obviously way better

I sort of wish it's a more interactive version of Radiator Springs Racer.

Back
Top Bottom