UNLV "Dynasty in the desert" Vs Michigan "Fab 5"

My family got into a heated argument tonight debating the 2 teams 
roll.gif

I wasn't even old enough to watch either teams, but in your opinion, what team had more talent & would win a match up between the 2?

UNLV >

The Fab five might be more well known and may have had a bigger impact but they never went all the way. They got blown out their 1st time and blew it (nh) the 2nd time.

i made a thread about unlv a yr ago, lol. http://niketalk.com/topic/219001 i still believe something was up (did stacy augmon sleep with larry johnson's mom???) with that duke/unlv gm, smh. to answer your question, i would go with unlv.

UNLV had a better team, the Fab Five had a bigger impact culturally.

UNLV was running folks out of the gym, skunking fools. Still can't believe they lost to Duke.

Originally Posted by DMan14

i made a thread about unlv a yr ago, lol. http://niketalk.com/topic/219001 i still believe something was up (did stacy augmon sleep with larry johnson's mom???) with that duke/unlv gm, smh. to answer your question, i would go with unlv.

What do you mean something up between Duke/UNLV? You mean it was fixed? I've heard that a couple times

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

UNLV had a better team, the Fab Five had a bigger impact culturally.

UNLV was running folks out of the gym, skunking fools. Still can't believe they lost to Duke.

This.

The Running Rebels were killing teams out there... I believe their defending season, they were defeating teams with like average of 30pt margin
sick.gif

It's a shame the season ended the way it did. Even more a shame the way that dynasty ended the way it did.
30t6p3b.gif

How is this even a question? UNLV ran fools out of the gym and won a title in the process. Michigan didn't win anything. Culturally, the Fab 5 was more significant, but in terms of who was better, not even close.

I've watched a fair share of both teams' games on TV and VHS.

UNLV >

That UNLV team could pressure the ball like no other, from all positions. To this day, they're the best collegiate team I've ever watched. The Fab 5 was transcendent, but that basketball-wise that UNLV team....

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by DMan14

What do you mean something up between Duke/UNLV? You mean it was fixed? I've heard that a couple times
There were a few unsubstantiated rumors about this.  Rumors that Augmon was crying in his hotel room before the Duke game, etc. 

Also, two years before that game there were a few key players who were pictured hanging out in a hot tub with Richard Perry, supposedly a mob-tied fixer.  Who knows what happened, but Duke did beat them on the court that night.

UNLV had that game, but Anthony was called for a charge and fouled out with about 4 minutes left I believe.  He made the basket, but it was disallowed so they were leaderless after that point.

gotta peep the runnin rebels documentary. got to see the fab 5 last night and it was
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

documentaries are illin!

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

That game in Barnhill where we lost by 7 (#1 vs #2) smh.. UNLV could go
That Razorback squad was no slouch either with Miller, MayDay, and 40 minutes of hell. 

I remember Todd Day swinging at LJ towards the end of that game..
laugh.gif

UNLV, but had the Fab 5 stayed all 4 years, they might have been the greatest team ever. The same could have been said about a lot of other teams, though.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

UNLV, but had the Fab 5 stayed all 4 years, they might have been the greatest team ever. The same could have been said about a lot of other teams, though.

Back
Top Bottom