*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

Where can I watch online? When do they update the nick website?

About to PM you a link, which is where i've been watching the entire series since day one. Usually the episodes will be up by midnight after they premier, and definitely by the next day.

well we never got to see if toph was 
pimp.gif
 or not
I noticed her nice chin...sturdy chin...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why y'all gotta do that!

Sometime after 128 AG, Sokka became a chieftain of the Southern Water Tribe. Four years after Aang died and the White Lotus learned that Korra, a child from the Southern Water Tribe, was the new Avatar, a powerful group of benders, led by Zaheer, a nonbender at the time, attempted to kidnap Korra. Sokka, along with Zuko, Tenzin, and Korra's fatherTonraq, stopped Zaheer's group and saved Korra; Zaheer and his cabal were subsequently imprisoned by the White Lotus for their crimes.[sup][4][/sup]

To commemorate his legacy, a statue of him holding his boomerang aloft was erected in front of the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center.[sup][23][/sup]

Sokka died sometime before 170 AG.
He's with the Moon Spirit now...& his Boomerang...

Does Korra know how to blood bend? I wonder if they are still going to address republic city and their spirit problem

Does Korra know how to blood bend? I wonder if they are still going to address republic city and their spirit problem
Blood bending is illegal and Katara wasn't gonna teach her so I'm guessing she can't bloodbend.

And she was banned from republic city so until she goes back their spirit problem is theirs alone.

I hope they do address the problems between humans and spirits now that the spirits are back.

It's too big a subject to just leave alone and act like it didn't happen and everything's cool.

But I doubt it's gonna happen. They're just gonna focus on the new airbenders and zaheer.

The quality of the fights have gotten so much better. Definitely better than the OG Avatar, though Aang's storyline trumps Korra's.

The quality of the fights have gotten so much better. Definitely better than the OG Avatar, though Aang's storyline trumps Korra's.
Yeah when this is over for real its going to be hard to call which series was better. Legend of Korra has no filler which is always nice. The first episode that I can recall being "filler" was the last one, but even that has storyline significance

Yeah when this is over for real its going to be hard to call which series was better. Legend of Korra has no filler which is always nice. The first episode that I can recall being "filler" was the last one, but even that has storyline significance
I think Aang's story was just so seemless and enjoyable that it's hard for Korra to compete. Korra's story doesn't intrigue me as much as the remnants of what happened to the characters from Aang's story does. But Korra's story brings the action which I always felt was lacking in the OG. Those fights were always short and kind of basic, while here they're pushing the limits of bending and the martial arts involved in the fights.

This season in general has already surpassed the last two; if things hadn't improved I would've dropped the show. However, the fact that the last two weren't anything special (And i'd say outright sucked a good portion of the time) compared to the great storytelling of the first makes it no competition in my book. I do agree that the bending is definitely up there right now, but I didn't care for the fight's in the past seasons. And I think Avatar was the same way, with fights improving as the series went on.

I loved the overall aesthetics and visual appeal of the first season, especially that 1920s China feel they had going on. The character designs, clothing designs, car and technology designs, all of that was great. The fight choreography and music were literally perfect.

Once I got past the actual physical beauty of, well, everything, I found that Korra season 1 simply fell short of TLA, in terms of plot, character development, and pathos. The plot of the first season didn't strike me as a worthy successor to Aang's story--TLA began with literally the entire world in turmoil and it was clear to the viewer that the ramifications of every character's actions would echo throughout the series, and not tie themselves up into pretty little bows by the end of the season. There were very deliberate overarching themes and concepts. Simply put, TLA season one established that this series was an "epic" in the traditional literary sense of the word.

With Korra season 1, it was just, well, "Korra's been plopped into a city and there's this guy and these other guys and she can't airbend." By the end of the season, she can airbend, the villain is dead, and everything's hunky-dory.

Season 2 fixed that by delving into the origins of the Avatar, but at the same time I felt iffy about what I felt were some very serious retcons--namely the whole situation with lion-turtles, humans, and the origins of the four bending arts. But other than that, I thought that Korra season 2 was stellar and brought the series up to the standard set by its predecessor.

I'm absolutely loving season 3 so far. I'm a guy who appreciates studies of character, and seeing all of these middle-aged children of the original Team Avatar experience this sort of turmoil brought about by massive societal and cultural change is really doing it for me. They really hit the mark by naming Season 3 "Change".  Zaheer and his crew>>>>
pimp.gif

**** Kai though, he's a generic-*** Aladdin-type character.
mean.gif
Would have been better off taking along that farmer with a family, or even that one basement-dweller who lived with his mom. Would have made for amazing character arcs if done right.

Honestly, I hope Korra gets one more season after this, and then I hope to see another Avatar take the spotlight if possible. I think the creators probably intended for it to be like this when they gave the first series the sub-title of "The Last Airbender"--they likely wanted there to be future series detailing the adventures of future avatars.

I want to see the next Earth and Fire avatars
pimp.gif

Last edited:
KingdomFlatbush KingdomFlatbush Nice review on the series so far, though of course I don't agree with everything. I am however glad to see another person who's not going crazy over Kai. So many of my friends have been treating him like the greatest thing since sliced bread, and saying he makes the series ten times better. Generic's exactly the word i'd use to describe him, and I find him to be one of the worst additions so far. Kid's got a fairly standard character mold he fits into, with no surprised or important development in sight.

I was actually thinking today on whether or not they'd make another series after this one. Seeing as how Korra's been well received so far I think another one could definitely happen, though i'd also like to see a kind of mini-series going into the lives of other past Avatar's, or even Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya.

I'll say it right now...

F___...Kai...

I wanted Mako to give that little turd a Zuko scar when he not only robbed them, but got them sleeping in garbage in Ba Sing Se.

Legend of Korra was meant to only be one season, hence why they had to wrap everything up (although i still wasn't the biggest fan of the ending. They did an amazing job of building Amon up only to be brought down easily)

Kai is just not interesting. I don't care about the kid at all.

Son stay plotting on Jinora and filling her head with ideas too.

One more thing about Korra--I think it handles it's villains WAYYYY better

Fire Lord Ozai is probably the worst villain in modern animation. Literally just generically evil for no reason, no real sense of motivation or anything like that. Just MUHAHAHAHAHA I SHALL RULE

Even when he was finally given the spotlight, he did nothing but firebend and talk about how he was going to rule MUHAHAHAHAHA

Generic villain.
mean.gif
The comic seemed to have taken note of this and delved into his character a bit more when exploring his history with Zuko's mother

I hope they continue with Avatars in the future, but doing the math, Korra like 16 in the 1920s.

The next Earth Avatar will be in the 90s, earthbending half-pipes while on a skateboard...basically Rocket Power with bending.

Fire Avatar will be on some Batman Beyond s_.

Last edited:

I hope they continue with Avatars in the future, but doing the math, Korra like 16 in the 1920s.

The next Earth Avatar will be in the 90s, earthbending half-pipes while on a skateboard...basically Rocket Power with bending.

Fire Avatar will be on some Batman Beyond s_.
Not necessarily, the progression doesn't HAVE to follow our real world

Republic City was based on 1920s Shanghai, but keep in mind that 70 years earlier they had things like airships, tanks, and gigantic automated mobile drill fortresses--things they definitely didn't have in the 1850s

So technically it's up in the air whether or not they'll decide to go the "futuristic" route, but I guess that's probably the inevitable conclusion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom