*UPDATE 6/27/15*.......Legend of Korra OFFICIAL THREAD..........MIGHT BE GETTING A NEW AIRBENDER SER

TODAY'S EPISODE WAS TOO DAMN :pimp:
From verrick outsmarting dude
To kuvira giving korra that work :smh:
Man korra got her *** handed to her
Damn shame man
She lost her mojo
Man we need toph to come save the day
The never explained why she living in a marsh either

todays episode was very entertaining but im waiting for korra to go off in the avatar state and do work

Like this PTSD (while very believable) is the most frustrating reason to have the main protagonist lose.

Everytime I see Kuvira's Husband he reminds me of a certain politicians Husband, playing number two lol.

He's such a chump.

and if you really wat to get technical with SmashBending, one partner could be a waterbender, and keep all the natural liquids from escaping, so every drop shorty produced is still all around that area, like a infinite Niagra Falls that never makes a mess. Put lube companies out of buisness. Not to mention if you want a marathon, you bend all the blood in the right places. :nerd:

Sorry 0] + :smh:

Suyin's plan was ***; didn't make a lick of sense. It was bad, and she should feel bad. Glad she got caught.

At the same time, Kuvira coming in with that usual crap people use when they have a falling out with someone. "I never liked you! You always got in my way! You've always been a coward!" Clearly respected the woman in the flashbacks prior to current events, but now apparently always looked down on her. :rolleyes Ok. Same mentality she had again later after Korra just kicked her butt in the Avatar State "You were just whaling on me and I couldn't do anything about it, but I knew you were weak!"

That being said, Korra has a point about Suyin attackin Kuvira, but Opal also has a very good point about Kuvira showing up, with an army, to take control of the city; when up until that point Zaofu (And really the other earth cities/villages) had done nothing to warrant such an act. It's just Kuvira rolling over everyone to unite them, regardless of what anyone else wants.

Kuvira with those lies about my man Bolin though :wow: Can't wait till she gets the hands at the end of things. Good dose of lava to the face is in order. B)

Kuvira's very good at making herself look good though. Don't like her, but I respect it.

During that fight Korra looked sloppy as hell. Was kind of disgusting to watch if i'm being honest. Not surprising though. Kuvira said it out right, and Jinorah asked her about it beforehand: She's rusty. Literally just got fully healed physically maybe a few days ago, after 3 years of being off. Kuvira on the other hand was sleek and graceful, dodging and countering with minimal effort. Not sure just how good she's supposed to be when ranked against other Earth/Metal Benders, but she's definitely skilled. I like her style of attaching metal to people and then bending them to throw off their balance. It'll be interesting to see their final fight down the line.

Ok Varrick's plan with the bomb, detonator, and timer was cool.

Meelo coming in again with those mad art skills 8)

"I am so disappointed in you Jr."

Damn :frown: Can really see the sadness in his face when he's saying that.

Solid episode like the rest of this season so far. After 2 seasons of crap i'm really glad this show's progressing so well.

Last edited:
Deep down inside Korra is scared to kill. Could've finished Kuvira right there but hesitated....she would've crushed her. I think that's what's bothering her along with all the past run ins with enemies who openly tried to kill her. Maybe she's scared of what she might have to do. Add that along with being rusty and you get a performance like the one she had just now.

Last edited:
I noticed this when we first saw Kuvira fight but she is efficient as ****. The amount of work she can put in with minimal effort is crazy.

It actually reminds me of Toph. Korra on the other hand
mean.gif
Her entire fighting style boils down to just slinging fire/rock/water/air in her enemies general direction.

If it hits it hits and if it misses oh well she can just throw some more. She lacks efficiency. She needs to go back and train with Toph.

Maybe learn some more impressive moves too. She lacks imagination. Even in the avatar state she keeps it really simple. Wind blast! Wind blast! BIG ROCK!

Kuvira gave Korra the hands. Like others said, Korra lacks precision. She just throws haymakers hoping they connect but then gets caught. It was like watching someone fight Floyd Mayweather :lol:

:smh: I'm starting to agree with blinkin, Korra been getting that work for too long.

Man... EVERY season she catches the fade. She's just a wack avatar. Haven't eem seen this week's episode yet, but I already know what to expect.

Book 4 Balance:
Kora gets that work

:smh: Maybe that's why nick pushed it off TV to online. "Our market research shows that in our core demographic of viewers ages 8-16, most strongly disapprove of Korra always getting that work".

Aang avatar spirited out for a hunnid years, used to go balling out in the Spirit World, kick it with past Avatars, gave the Fire Nation them hands, went ham in Ba Sing Se, and diddy bopped with Dragons. Dragons, b.

Korra... Loses her bending kinda, breaks the link with the all past avatars, almost gets murked while IN the avatar state, and, in her latest dive into what seems to be a sea of ultimate L's, got them hands put on her by a person that can only bend one element, whereas she supposed to be bending all four of them *******.

:smh: she's wack, man. Stop trying to save these ****.

How many times is Korra gonna catchy the fade man.

She has all the formal training in the world and is so bad at this.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone outside of toph could have taken kuvira down though. Kuvira is on another level somehow. And y'all acting like korra didn't go into the avatar state and completely turn the fight around in .000268 seconds. Plus it's like the 5th episode :lol: it wouldn't have even been right for korra to win that fight this early

I'm also team kuvira though so I have no problem watching her give korra that work lol

Last edited:
I'd say Toph, Katara, and Zuko could all take Kuvira. She's impressive, but not some superpowerful bender. She's just very clean and precise with her movements. Even, take Korra back to how she was last season and she would've beaten Kuvira.

I don't know man, zuko maybe but I think y'all give katara too much credit. She looks like she hasn't done anything close to fighting in ages. Bloodbending would be the only advantage and honestly that's all she needs but she wouldn't use it.

Based off of Bumi we know that looking old really doesn't mean anything honestly. Even Toph didn't look like much when we first saw her again. I doubt that Katara's skills have diminished at all, and if anything I'm certain she's improved a lot since the end of the original series. We really don't know what any of these people have been up to until they bother to go into it. Heck, Toph was travelling after she quit the police force, but is as sharp as ever, showing she still kept her skills up to par. And why wouldn't any bender do the same honestly? In fact, I don't think we've seen an elderly person that can bend who's let their abilities go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom