*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

^according to my man @dmbrhs that is correct.

Makes sense and I like it, in 2010 it gave guys like Durant, Russy, Rose, Iggy, Chandler, Love a chance to show out. With guys like Lebron and Melo sitting out it will only make things harder for Colangelo and Coach K to pick the rosters for 2016 if the young guns put on a show in Spain this summer.

If its gonna be like the last WC with non of the regs playing, I am hoping the roster will be

Curry/Irving/Lillard
Beal/Thompson
George/Leonard
LMA/Griffin/Lee
DMC/Drummond
Legit list, I'd swap Davis in there for Griffin or Lee, if Davis feels the need to play that is. He should be a lock for the Olympics

^according to my man dmbrhs dmbrhs that is correct.

Makes sense and I like it, in 2010 it gave guys like Durant, Russy, Rose, Iggy, Chandler, Love a chance to show out. With guys like Lebron and Melo sitting out it will only make things harder for Colangelo and Coach K to pick the rosters for 2016 if the young guns put on a show in Spain this summer.

If its gonna be like the last WC with non of the regs playing, I am hoping the roster will be

Curry/Irving/Lillard
Beal/Thompson
George/Leonard
LMA/Griffin/Lee
DMC/Drummond

Love and Durant already said they're playing. Absolutely have to think AD is in too. I think it''ll be a mix of maybe half 2012 Olympians, and half new guys (or, in Steph's case, a holdover from 2010).

^according to my man @dmbrhs that is correct.

Curry/Irving/Lillard
Beal/Thompson
George/Leonard
LMA/Griffin/Lee
DMC/Drummond
Love and Durant already said they're playing. Absolutely have to think AD is in too. I think it''ll be a mix of maybe half 2012 Olympians, and half new guys (or, in Steph's case, a holdover from 2010).
Damn ok.... in that case

Curry/Irving/Lillard

Beal/Thompson

Durant/George/Leonard

Love/LMA

Davis/DMC/Drummond

I dunno, whomever they decide to bring to Spain, it will be fun to watch

Yeah, Durant is def. playing this summer.

Lillard should be on the roster as well. RCK roster above is what the roster should look like. Although, shouldn't put Beal in. Harden is a better fit for the team.

Last edited:
I just assumed Harden would be a lock for '16 so he would be skipping out on this summer as well. I think Dwight should play this summer tho :nerd:

Last edited:
I still have my doubts that Durant is going to play in the world championships. Same with Harden. These veteran guys are going to want to rest in the summer

Yeah, Durant is def. playing this summer.

Lillard should be on the roster as well. RCK roster above is what the roster should look like. Although, shouldn't put Beal in. Harden is a better fit for the team.

Beal can shoot circles around Harden. Beal alongside Durant would be a nice combo. Plus Beal plays off the ball and Harden needs to handle the ball to score.

Can't wait for the World Cup of basketball LOL. I just hope DC makes the team.Dude needs to mature a bit.

Bump? 
nerd.gif

I can really see us not even medaling. (Realize there's a difference between a prediction and a possibility.)

And I can see us winning gold, but the gold medal game will be a legit game, down to the wire.

Thoughts?

I know Chris Paul backed out, but the USA team will more than likely still have LeBron, Steph, KD, Russ, and the rest of the leagues best. I can't imagine anyone beating them.

I just want Canada to qualify, sneak in there, and make a good run.

Curry
Paul George
Durant
Lebron
Drummond

Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Draymond
Cousins

Klay
Deandre/Wall/Irving

Leaving out Melo, Butler, Lillard

Curry
Paul George
Durant
Lebron
Drummond

Westbrook
Harden
Kawhi
Draymond
Cousins

Klay
Deandre/Wall/Irving

Leaving out Melo, Butler, Lillard
They won't leave Melo out, they'll let him and lebron both walkout in the sunset both having the most prolific USA careers

Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Thompson
George
Melo
LeBron
Kawhi
Durant
Draymond
Love/Drummond/Boogie (two of the three)

Originally Posted by PMatic

Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Thompson
George
Melo
LeBron
Kawhi
Durant
Draymond
Love/Drummond/Boogie (two of the three)
I like this.

On your 2 of 3, there's absolutely no way Boogie goes. No way. Dude is out of control on the court too often right now in his career. No way.

I like this.

On your 2 of 3, there's absolutely no way Boogie goes. No way. Dude is out of control on the court too often right now in his career. No way.

I think he's be fine in the Olympics situation. He's generally fine when things are going well; its when things go poorly that he spazzes out. That probably won't be an issue in the Olympics. Plus, he'll have great coaches and all stable, veteran players around him.

I heard CP3 wont play. BTW I remember CURRY had a horrible WC of baskeball last time :lol:

Who do you guys think will be the starting 5?

CURRY
WESTBROOK
PG13 ?
LEONARD ?
DURANT
BOGGIE

Cousins is a lock with Davis out.

I think he may even start TBH, given the trust Coach K showed in him in the 2014 WC

Back
Top Bottom