*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

http://www.tasteandseepcs.com/Chris_Pauls_Bread_Pudding.html (won't embed on here, but video in the link)

I have actually made that before, of course inspired by seeing the Chris Paul and his chef video. It's legit, will have you lookin' like

cp3-pudgeball.jpeg

though.

Last edited:
i hate CP3 so let him gain all the weight in the world. get on that Felton diet son

The coach K lead group of guys have lost 1 game since 2006, but yet they're "not proven enough"......yea you're right that makes a ton of sense, I'm done :smh:

Theyve lost 1 game since 2006 but seem to haven gotten closer to the competition since then. Not just the USA but also supposed other elite Spanish Team. Outside of the All World Lebron, I dont trust anyone else to takeover if things get out of hand. Durant and Melo can score but dont play defense, Chandler isnt a Defensive Player of the Year in Olympic play, Kobe is slow, shooting horribly and not much of an impact. The team as a whole doesnt run an offense, they settle for Fool's Gold 3's, and dont protect the rim. So that makes them not proven enough in my opinion.

Still they will win the Gold but its something that is getting harder to pull off just relying on star power and talent instead of team play, fundamentals, and actual coaching. And that makes perfect sense.

I wonder if at least 1 player in the squad did their due diligence of their opponents like MJ did in '92....

Theyve lost 1 game since 2006 but seem to haven gotten closer to the competition since then. Not just the USA but also supposed other elite Spanish Team.

Gotten closer? Can you remind me what Team USA's record was the previous two international competitions before the 2006 World Championships? I'll wait. And going back further, remember Team USA was one rimmed out three away from playing for bronze in 2000.

Ya'll overreact to everything. I remember the sky was falling when they barely eked out a win over Brazil in 2010, then crushed everyone after that. Stop living in the moment and take a look at the bigger picture. Team USA has lost one game since coach K took over. ONE GAME. Didn't matter how close, they lost ONE GAME.

Lithuania basically played a perfect game, shooting-wise. They shot almost 60%. I watched the whole thing. They couldn't miss when they put up a shot. Team USA shot like garbage the entire game and still won. The only way to beat team USA is that perfect storm, and it still didn't happen.

Gotten closer? Can you remind me what Team USA's record was the previous two international competitions before the 2006 World Championships? I'll wait. And going back further, remember Team USA was one rimmed out three away from playing for bronze in 2000.
Ya'll overreact to everything. I remember the sky was falling when they barely eked out a win over Brazil in 2010, then crushed everyone after that. Stop living in the moment and take a look at the bigger picture. Team USA has lost one game since coach K took over. ONE GAME. Didn't matter how close, they lost ONE GAME.
Lithuania basically played a perfect game, shooting-wise. They shot almost 60%. I watched the whole thing. They couldn't miss when they put up a shot. Team USA shot like garbage the entire game and still won. The only way to beat team USA is that perfect storm, and it still didn't happen.

all LITH did was pick and roll them to death with a spread offense to shoot uncontested jumpshots, or they drove to the hoop where nobody contested.

It was comical watching their bigs just post Durant in the paint and push him back like a rag doll :lol:

Team USA relies on fast breaks and 3 point shots, when the 3's don't drop and the other team takes care of the ball to limit their fast breaks, they can easily steal a game. LITH lost because they were careless with the ball at the end of the game which led to several fast breaks, and couldn't get a long offensive rebound (where Chris Paul came up huge and won the game for USA).

Say what you want, the Dream Team did not face this level of competition.

teach-me-to-sit-down.gif

Last edited:
hey...those proven athletes go through an anti dopping control...??i believe one of the terms that the original dream team showed up in the olympics was no tests..hmmm:evil:

I had flashbacks of the '06 WBC vs. Greece.

All those successful pick & rolls :x

Luckily Lithuania was much more careless with the ball than Greece was

In 92 did the dream team play so many teams with NBA players ? If not then wouldnt that automatically make this comp more tough ?

There are dozens of guys who are not intimidated by our superstars because they play against them everyday in practice or against them every night.

Just because we can throw around a couple names like Kukoc or Petrovic doesnt automatically make that entire field better....Who else was around back then ?

It's not a matter of playing against teams with more talent (although they are more talented, overall), the overall style of play is different. In 1992, everyone tried to run with the Dream Team. They all got blown out. Eventually, teams realized the only way to beat Team USA was to slow the game down and break up the flow. If you get in a track meet with Team USA, you're going to lose every time. Teams like Lithuania are very smart, use the entire shot clock, and basically sacrifice offensive rebounding (against team USA) to set up their defense. If teams built like Lithuania, Spain, etc. were around in 1992, and played with that mentality, the games would have been a lot closer.

I don't get why people shoot down the FACT that the global game of basketball in 2012 >>>>> the global game of basketball 20 years ago. As dmbrhs pointed out, it's not just the talent level because that's way too obvious, but it's the style of play some of these teams execute at. Even if its something as simple as a PNR,

I don't get why people shoot down the FACT that the global game of basketball in 2012 >>>>> the global game of basketball 20 years ago. As dmbrhs pointed out, it's not just the talent level because that's way too obvious, but it's the style of play some of these teams execute at. Even if its something as simple as a PNR,
Nostalgia.

Same narrative goes for the NBA too.

A bigger fact is that this team isn't nearly as good as the 1992 one. Only better at one position: FACT! Infinitely worse at the center position: FACT! Yet people still want to open their mouths and hope to create some aura of mystery about who would win between 1992 and 2012 when it isn't a mystery at all.

Croatia 1992 > Lithuania 2012: FACT!

Stop trying to exploit the fact that basketball has improved globally OVERALL (and NOT every single nation) to change the subject: The current Lithuania team that is 1-3 and the fact that they almost beat U.S... This Lithuania squad is nothing special. They were beaten by Nigeria in the qualifications and were slaughtered by Argentina. But unlike Nigeria, they knew how to exploit the U.S. team's weakness: Getting open layups after they beat their man or off pick and rolls. They sure as hell wouldn't have been able to do that with Robinson and Ewing patrolling the paint. Lithuania did shoot the lights out, they shot better than usual, but they sure as hell committed way more stupid and unnecessary turnovers than usual.

Nostalgia.

Same narrative goes for the NBA too.

Or maybe it's just ignorance by the kiddies who were either floating around in their daddy's nut sack or sucking on pacifiers when the 1992 team was playing in Barcelona. At least the people you play the nostalgia card on know both eras, which is more than can be said about the ignoramuses who seriously think this centerless team could carry 1992 team's jockstrap. The same goes for their ignorance about global basketball and them believing that basketball wasn't played on a high level internationally more than 10 years ago.

Why do people just bring up the 92' Croatian team or the 12' Lithuanian team?, the topic of the conversation is bigger than just those teams.

But to end my involvement in this, I'll ask this question, "are y'all that naive to not understand the simplicity of what was said?"

Nobody is talking ANYTHING away from what the dream team did and how dominant they were.

Yeah, the fact that the sport of basketball has grown in popularity globally since 1992 and becoming moderately popular in countries where it hasn't been popular before has so much to do with U.S. not being able to defend a simple pick and roll in yesterday's game. We should totally focus on this big picture, because that's what it's all about. :rolleyes

If you want, we can also talk about the 1992 Lithuanian team. Go ask an average Lithuanian person whether they think that their current team is better than the 1992 Lithuanian team and see what they tell you.

How is it fact that Croatia is better than Lithuania?? I don't understand this..
If you still believe that basketball around the world is even up to par let alone better than today i'll just let it be. But, todays game at the international talent level has improved so much. I can't speak for international ball, like the Euroleague competitions back then and all that, but I do know that the NBA today hoists a number of international players who have contributed a great deal to the NBA more than the past. Can I say Spain would torch everyone right now and in 90's in Europe.. Probably, but is my answer Fact? maybe not.. You keep pointing out Lithuania's record.. You act as if losing to France and Argentina constitutes them as trash.

This is just dumb.. The only argument I'll entertain is the Dream team 92 vs This years team. Dream get the edge b/c of it's Big men.. Point blank.. I still think this team would of been able to compete with the Dream Team... It's just stupid to think otherwise..The Dreams biggest advantage is the inside. Ya'll acting like this years team would of been put on clamps or something. It's basketball.. It's about matchups. The inside is where this team would falter.. There is no wide discrepancy in talent aside from the big men. But, every possession will count.. Somebody run a 2k simulation and see what happens.. Then we can end this :smile:

A bigger fact is that this team isn't nearly as good as the 1992 one. Only better at one position: FACT! Infinitely worse at the center position: FACT! Yet people still want to open their mouths and hope to create some aura of mystery about who would win between 1992 and 2012 when it isn't a mystery at all.
Croatia 1992 > Lithuania 2012: FACT!
Stop trying to exploit the fact that basketball has improved globally OVERALL (and NOT every single nation) to change the subject: The current Lithuania team that is 1-3 and the fact that they almost beat U.S... This Lithuania squad is nothing special. They were beaten by Nigeria in the qualifications and were slaughtered by Argentina. But unlike Nigeria, they knew how to exploit the U.S. team's weakness: Getting open layups after they beat their man or off pick and rolls. They sure as hell wouldn't have been able to do that with Robinson and Ewing patrolling the paint. Lithuania did shoot the lights out, they shot better than usual, but they sure as hell committed way more stupid and unnecessary turnovers than usual.
Or maybe it's just ignorance by the kiddies who were either floating around in their daddy's nut sack or sucking on pacifiers when the 1992 team was playing in Barcelona. At least the people you play the nostalgia card on know both eras, which is more than can be said about the ignoramuses who seriously think this centerless team could carry 1992 team's jockstrap. The same goes for their ignorance about global basketball and them believing that basketball wasn't played on a high level internationally more than 10 years ago.

that.

when comparing this years team to the dream team..... the biggest question is......

what defense we playing? this years soft defense or that 90s crackhead defense?

all comparisons to 92 dream team are plain stupid.i m certain they re made by people who dont remember the one and only dream team.try to compare please...
magic johnson-chris paul??joke
michael jordan-kobe (at 33?)--no comparison to me
larry bird(healthy)-lebron james?talent wise ok but i would like to see the resume of the king(my avy btw if you re to say im a hater)
charles barkley--kd??kd is a great talent,but sir charles was straight dominant
patrick ewing--tyson chandler??lol(btw happy bday pat)

bench
stockton--deron??easily stock
drexler--westbrook??drexler till westbrook proves otherwise..
pippen--carmelo??lol(sorry melo hater here...either way pip better)
malone--love??lol
robinson--davis??lol
mullin,laettner--iguodala,harden??equally mediocre talent-wise(harden and mullin with an edge)

player by player comparison doesnt even stand..though you migh object at some most of the comparisons are undisputable...but its not about that...comparing them is silly...the 92 team was the first one.the FIRST one that had all this impact.that wont change even if team usa wins the next one by 200 points.The aura of the dream team is incomparable.-

you would be suprised at how many people would take CP3 and Deron over Stockton :lol:

this only came up because members of the current team commented. But yeah im sure the media would have brought it up anyway. But it's obvious who would win imo.

watching online>watching on tv

bob fitzgerald and doug collins some of the worst in the business...

how many times is doug collins gonna say something suspect until they pull him off the air? :lol:

I don't understand the Fitzgerald play-by-play choice, but Collins is fine. Still one of the best in the business.

Back
Top Bottom