*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

and probably wants to hype up his international branding even more...

London though. Who wouldn't wanna go?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

The better question is, Why does Kobe Bryant want to play? Those knees are already weak. With the amount of game and minutes he's played in his career he's pushing 37 years old.

Because he's addicted to basketball and winning...he's going to be around to the bitter end get used to it.

You sound like a Fool
laugh.gif

I have gotten used to it already, I don't hate Kobe at all. Just doesn't make sense, One Gold Medal is enough but I guess he wants back in to be on par with Michael Jordan (he has that complex, #24? #10?
laugh.gif
). He should take the off-season, off; get healthy and rest those knees up. 

The better question is, Why does Kobe Bryant want to play? Those knees are already weak. With the amount of game and minutes he's played in his career he's pushing 37 years old.

Because he's addicted to basketball and winning...he's going to be around to the bitter end get used to it.

You sound like a Fool
laugh.gif

I have gotten used to it already, I don't hate Kobe at all. Just doesn't make sense, One Gold Medal is enough but I guess he wants back in to be on par with Michael Jordan (he has that complex, #24? #10?
laugh.gif
Son just worry about your average Knicks.

Kobe has 5 chips... at this point he's just balling for the love of the game.

You sound like a Fool
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You're the one sounding foolish.
You make it seem like Kobe doesn't deserve to be on the team or something. Dude is out to win no matter what. He's doesn't care about getting rest. 

Not to mention you really think he's going to take the summer off after a losing season? Dude already did that this past summer.

Yea...You don't hate Kobe, but you're a Knicks fan. That says it all.

Your defending Kobe like he's your son.
laugh.gif

I don't get why he's playing either limit his miles. But hey who cares if it hurts the lakers next year.

This is how my roster would shape up.

c.paul
d. Williams
d rose

dwade
k.bryant

lebron
melo
K.Durant

love
lemarcus

Dwight
tyson
Borderline on bosh - but dont know who to take off; we'll need loves boards and 3s in the international game. Personally love Lemarcus's game.

^ Thats the right roster. F eric gordon and all that other blah blah. That right there is the best roster for the Olympics. I can't believe some of yall are leaving out Melo and Rose after last Olympics. They won the gold. Why fix something that aint broke.

Guards are all on lock.
I want the big men to show up this year....I want to see blocks, swats, fouls, dominance....

I think some people forget how different Olympic play is compared to the NBA.

I had this discussion with people I sit with at the Nets games about someone like Melo for example. He was flat out the best player on team USA last time around. Kobe and Lebron each played a role. Kobe was the defensive stopper. did he score? yes. but his role was defense. Dwight did not play the dominant center in the NBA but the one that grabbed the boards and put the ball back up on offensive rebounds.

Things like that. You can't look at what individual stats each person has in the NBA and say automatically they are destined for International Play. Allen Iverson was horrible (not that the team itself wasn't but Iverson was not the NBA Iverson at all) .

I look at things like that. Your also not replacing Paul who started for USA last time, your replacing Kidd. Dwill was the third PG then as well. He will most likely back up CP3 this time and I hate to break it to a lot of people but if Billups was healthy, he would probably beat out Rose for the spot just based on Veteran leadership.

Politics plays a big role. No one is knocking how good of a player someone is. They might not be cut out for the International Team Play.

Originally Posted by alew24

c.paul
d. Williams
d rose

dwade
k.bryant

lebron
melo
K.Durant

love
lemarcus

Dwight
tyson
Borderline on bosh - but dont know who to take off; we'll need loves boards and 3s in the international game. Personally love Lemarcus's game.
agree with everything you posted. But I see Bosh making the team not LMA

Originally Posted by Korean Krossover

^ Thats the right roster. F eric gordon and all that other blah blah. That right there is the best roster for the Olympics. I can't believe some of yall are leaving out Melo and Rose after last Olympics. They won the gold. Why fix something that aint broke.

LOL.  Rose was not on the 2008 Olympic Team.  Come on son.

i think iggy has a chance of making it..

just because i think kobe and dwade are the 2 guys who will be most impacted by this shortened season and the playoffs

Originally Posted by HOOD17

c.paul
d. Williams
d rose

dwade
k.bryant

lebron
melo
K.Durant

love
lemarcus

Dwight
tyson

I'd rather have Lamarcus than Bosh and Blake Griffin over Tyson... Blake would be dope on the squad. His athleticism is unmatched on the international level and would dominate like Charles back in 92

Putting Blake on the team is the mentality of someone constructing the team a decade ago (how'd that work out?). He plays zero defense and doesn't stretch the floor on offense. Power forwards in FIBA must be able to stretch the floor, which is why Love and Aldridge/Bosh should be there. Maybe Love isn't the best defender, but with Tyson and Howard tag-teaming down low, it won't matter as much.

And please don't compare anything from 1992 to today. Barkley dominated because teams tried to run with the Dream Team. The game is a lot slower now. And even in '92, if he had to, Barkley could hit an 18-foot jumper. Blake can't even do that.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Putting Blake on the team is the mentality of someone constructing the team a decade ago (how'd that work out?). He plays zero defense and doesn't stretch the floor on offense. Power forwards in FIBA must be able to stretch the floor, which is why Love and Aldridge/Bosh should be there. Maybe Love isn't the best defender, but with Tyson and Howard tag-teaming down low, it won't matter as much.

And please don't compare anything from 1992 to today. Barkley dominated because teams tried to run with the Dream Team. The game is a lot slower now. And even in '92, if he had to, Barkley could hit an 18-foot jumper. Blake can't even do that.
You obviously don't watch Clipper games.

Tyson Chandler can stretch the floor?
laugh.gif

Blake Griffin would play amazing with the best players in the world. surrounding him.

Dwight, Blake, and Lebron on the floor at the same time?
sick.gif

Because he's addicted to basketball and winning getting buckets...he's going to be around to the bitter end get used to it.
Fixed

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

c.paul
d. Williams
d rose

dwade
k.bryant

lebron
melo
K.Durant

love
lemarcus

Dwight
tyson

I'd rather have Lamarcus than Bosh and Blake Griffin over Tyson... Blake would be dope on the squad. His athleticism is unmatched on the international level and would dominate like Charles back in 92

Every player for USA athleticism is unmatched on the international level pretty much isn't it? 
laugh.gif

Give me Tyson and some more defense. I wouldn't be opposed to Griffin making it over some other guys like Bosh though.

Legacy. He wants a second gold medal.

really who wouldnt want a second gold medal??   

You obviously don't watch Clipper games.

Tyson Chandler can stretch the floor?
laugh.gif

Blake Griffin would play amazing with the best players in the world. surrounding him.

Dwight, Blake, and Lebron on the floor at the same time?
sick.gif
And you obviously don't watch FIBA tournaments. The 5-spot doesn't have to stretch the floor. They run pick and rolls and clean up the boards for put backs. Team USA's biggest problem, over the last decade-plus, is pick and roll defense. Blake would get KILLED every time on P&R if he was there instead of Chandler. They need two defensive centers to help lock it down and still be able to guard the rim. There's plenty of scoring on the rest of the roster.

I've watched plenty of Clipper games this season. Against a true zone defense, Blake's limited offensive game would be rendered mostly useless, especially considering how much more physical FIBA is.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Every player for USA athleticism is unmatched on the international level pretty much isn't it? 
laugh.gif

Give me Tyson and some more defense. I wouldn't be opposed to Griffin making it over some other guys like Bosh though.

I agree with the team posted because though I like Bosh a lot (and think its ridiculous to think you would put Griffin in over him) I do agree you need that depth for that role behind Dwight. I almost got sucked into this offensive obsession by leaning Bosh, but now I agree with you all and say Tyson. Also the Kobe comment is beyond dumb. So just because he wants to win it means he wants to be like Jordan? That's lazy and the Olympics are the Olympics. Why would he feel like rest is so important when you are playing for your country? So on the topic.. Who's the first replacements? I like Bosh up front and I want to say Westbrook or Iguodala in the backcourt.Why do I prefer Bosh? Because the threat of his jump shot makes the game easier for the better players while Blake creates less space for them. You can't leave Bosh open for jumpers while I think we would have a hard time getting gold if we are relying on Griffin to make open shots. End of discussion in my mind right there. Blake's d isn't helping his cause either.

Can someone who actually knows a thing or two about international basketball please answer this question:

What about Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose's games make them good choices for Team USA?

Id love a serious answer.

Back
Top Bottom