*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Melo looked so bad out there.

My guess we see more Love and Tyson and Unibrow on Tuesday

USA Basketball vs. Argentina (Photos)

Nice pics.

Scola's footwork >>>>

Team USA gonna go undefeated.

they need to stop with this Dantoni garbage ASAP
jacking up 3 after 3.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
THIS

why dont they post melo and bron up? run pick and roll and have people cut and drive to the basket

kobe and melo are terrible on defense.

If Team USA was lucky to hit all those threes, then I'd love to hear your thoughts on Argentina nailing 25 to 27 foot threes all game.

You think this is the best gameplan? I don't mean lucky, more like very fortunate. It's not a high percentage shot, and they have such talent on the team that there is no reason to just jack 3's

Last edited:
You think this is the best gameplan? I don't mean lucky, more like very fortunate. It's not a high percentage shot, and they have such talent on the team that there is no reason to just jack 3's

But what's your point? Argentina was jacking up threes all game from super deep, so if you're saying that Team USA was lucky to hit theirs, then Argentina was damn lucky to hit most of theirs. Forget about game plans.

I agree shooting threes isn't a great game plan, but if it was a 20-point game and Team USA had hit the same number of threes, we'd be praising them for going off from deep. But because it was a close game, it's a problem. You can't have it both ways.

But what's your point? Argentina was jacking up threes all game from super deep, so if you're saying that Team USA was lucky to hit theirs, then Argentina was damn lucky to hit most of theirs. Forget about game plans.
I agree shooting threes isn't a great game plan, but if it was a 20-point game and Team USA had hit the same number of threes, we'd be praising them for going off from deep. But because it was a close game, it's a problem. You can't have it both ways.
Argentina was down for most of the game by double digits. When you're down that much, desperate for a comeback, and playing international ball with the closer range 3 why not let it fly. Its what I would expect. I would not expect that from a team who is up 20 plus however. They should have been looking for better shots and they hardly went inside. They were content with just floating around the 3 point line and they should know better.

nah right now this is a jump shooting team. Bron could easily drop 35+ WITHOUT taking a jump shot and attacking all game. But it seems the team is content on jacking up 3s. Westbrook, Melo, Durant would also be beastly if they attacked often. I just can't see this team win easily against the tough competition if they keep playing like this. :x

Edit: And I thought these dudes love living at the FT line. They all could easily do their damage from there if they just attack.

Last edited:
That flop was Putrid..:smh:
This is going to be another Gold for USA.. I don't see any team that is going to keep up with this team at all..

nah right now this is a jump shooting team. Bron could easily drop 35+ WITHOUT taking a jump shot and attacking all game.
Bron can not easily drop 35+ in the olympics. Mainly because he will eventually guy hit harder than he's ever been hit in the NBA, and he wont get to the FT line 10x.

And their travelling interpretations are completely different from what we have stateside. Euro guys travel every time on the catch trying to get their feet into triple threat and give you a shot fake before they make whatever move, but they don't like how our guys can cover so much ground with 1 and a half steps off a catch no dribble nor do they like picking up the ball for 2 pronounced steps.

Defintely very different and I can't quite put my finger on what they deem a travel and what isn't, esp on fast breaks and plays where peopkle catch the ball on the run. O think the point about how much ground they cover is a key thing

A little surprised Argentina played zone so much.

I though they would've done like Brazil and saved that for when the games actually count

and what..they made 13 of those?? terrible % :smh: this team cant settle for jumpers and expect to win. :x

34 three pointer attempts

yup, USA hit 13 out of 34 resulting in a 38% rate. :x :x KD was 7 for 11 from 3. :smh: They need to chill off that line.

Is Pringles influence that strong on the offensive side of team USA? if so :smh: :x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom