Using the N word while singing along to songs Vol. I'm not black

The word's not part of my daily vocabulary, but I do it when I'm listening to music. I'm not gonna front, I don't have any reason to justify that other than if I'm rapping along to a song, I rap the song how it is. What're everyone's feelings about it? Black people, how would you feel if a White/Asian/Not-black dude was rapping along to something like Kanye and he recited the line, "Gossip, gossip, N_ just stop it, everybody knows I'm a +@$@++%%*@+%' monster..."?

nerd.gif

The word's not part of my daily vocabulary, but I do it when I'm listening to music. I'm not gonna front, I don't have any reason to justify that other than if I'm rapping along to a song, I rap the song how it is. What're everyone's feelings about it? Black people, how would you feel if a White/Asian/Not-black dude was rapping along to something like Kanye and he recited the line, "Gossip, gossip, N_ just stop it, everybody knows I'm a +@$@++%%*@+%' monster..."?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Song or not, I never say it.
This

Why..? Let's just say Kanye and Co. cost me countless bruises among my black friends.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Song or not, I never say it.
This

Why..? Let's just say Kanye and Co. cost me countless bruises among my black friends.

Yeah I say it while I'm singing

most of my african american friends don't mind me saying it as long as I end it with an -a instead of an -er

most of my african american friends don't mind me saying it as long as I end it with an -a instead of an -er

I hate when non-blacks use this as an excuse for saying it. At work I always get that "Hey bro, you remember that one NWA song, ya know the lyrics were like.." 
indifferent.gif

I hate when non-blacks use this as an excuse for saying it. At work I always get that "Hey bro, you remember that one NWA song, ya know the lyrics were like.." 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

XURRzofbMc0.gif

Same here. I would mind if I said it with an -er too. I guess I wouldn't say it around people I don't know are cool with it.

Same here. I would mind if I said it with an -er too. I guess I wouldn't say it around people I don't know are cool with it.

Back
Top Bottom