USPS package lost in transit

They do steal. Some get caught some don't, but the odds are lower since you work at a government facility and the consequences are more severe. I had a friend get caught on camera stealing a iPhone package at the PO he worked for. Did some time for it too. Dummy.

It's true it's less likely to get stolen with USPS it's just that they're postal workers. They get treated like **** so they don't care, stuff just gets tossed aside.

I worked for FedEx for 3 years and even there, you don't see too many employees stealing, and if they do it's usually something small. It is easy for stuff to come up missing in some residential tho. I once had a guy order what was obviously a pair of kicks with an Eastbay return address and Eastbay put a residential release number on there, meaning it should be left at the doorstep if the person isn't home. It was in the projects. :/

I didn't leave it.

USPS is the worst.
Indeed. USPS claimed to have delivered an item that I ordered from UO knowing damn well they didn't. I contacted UO and informed them that USPS tracking indicated they had delivered a package to me that never arrived. The customer service rep informed me that they would investigate the matter and get back to me with in 24-48 hours. They ended up refunding me since the item was no longer in stock and I am betting they deal with this type of crap on the regular with USPS.

Got to start getting additional insurance on your packages. It's only like an extra $3-$5 dollars.

Last edited:
USPS are the worst and i mean the flocking worst

this is one part of the government that has to go private

terrible customer service on all ends of the US post office

the workers in the post offices at least in nyc are lazy and way over paid and only a few and i mean a few are at all helpful

hope you get this worked out OP
keep us posted

the only useful thing the post office offers is money orders

Last edited:
A lot of you guys don't know that about 85-90 percent of your packages are dropped off by Fedex or Ups at your local post office. Being that I am a carrier I can tell you none of these companies are better then the others. I pride myself on making sure everybody gets their packages because I have been ****** by all three, lol..
A lot of the workers are under stress because we have a time limit and being that we won the bid for Amazon packages, we are being flooded daily with the other two big carriers packages. Now sometimes things happen were carriers either mis scans or the equipment fails(really old, out dated scanners) to update the status of your package. Granted there are a lot of ******, old, bad attitude having carriers that simply give no dambs about your packages and that effects all people that work for USPS but the other individuals work hard to ensure you receive your items. Can't tell you how many packages I find misdelivered by Ups and FedEx on the daily but I go out of my to find the right house on the route so everybody is happy..
Pro-tips:
If you are sending high dollar amount purchases, get the "blue" insurance labels or signature confirmations because we have to get a signature and if we don't, that definately will get the carrier in massive amounts of trouble.
Also, supervisors could care less not only about the customer but also the carriers. The only true way to get action is to ask to speak to a postmaster. Trust nobody wants to deal with them and a fire will be lit under a lot of butts to find your package.

Last edited:
A guy that works at fed ex told me you say you didn't get your package and they'll send you another package. The company files a claim with FedEx and they handle it.
I just believe in karma so I feel guilty doing so and lying about it :lol:

A guy that works at fed ex told me you say you didn't get your package and they'll send you another package. The company files a claim with FedEx and they handle it.

what about sending out a $1000.00 shoe ?

i'm sure fedex is not going shopping at flightclub for a customer losing a package
forget it

Good luck :lol: shipped something worth high 5 figures before and it took 3mos before it arrived..that put me through a lot of psychological stress.. USPS SUCKS! FedEx or UPS are always the better options

Last edited:
I had Ups "deliver" a package to me and on the tracking it said they were delivered but nothing ever showed up. I called them and they sent an employee out to my house to ask if i got the package yet, but of course my sister answered the door and told the guy yes and signed off on it. Took over a month to get my money back from the seller who was cool and gave me a refund.

i cant stand usps neither.

i used them to ship a package to LA (2 pairs of js in kid sizes) to my nephews. tracking said it arrived was signed for and delivered. But no one at the house signed for it nor said they got it. i waited a day still nothing. i went down to the postal service to raise hell and still nothing. finally the package shows up 3 days later. im like where was it all that time?

currently i have an insurance claim open because i ordered a jersey and it was sent via usps. tracking says it was delivered but it never made it to me. now they are fighting me because of what tracking says. smh. i have nor reason to lie about receiving my package.

doesnt work that way pal

some companies might send you a new package without issue

most others will file a claim with the carrier and a lot of times it will get denied. if it gets denied you get nothing.

you can do that. sometimes USPS flops on updating their system.

@Hennessy

my bf and i bought a laptop in early january and i mailed it to him via USPS. the package contained the laptop + a pair of shoes so we bought insurance worth $700 with signature confirmation. 

it never got to where he is in the east coast. it took us 3 months to get our money back.

call the USPS customer service (1-800-275-8777). if you haven't spoken to a human rep yet, always say "customer service" after each prompt. however, you're gonna have to wait ~an hour to talk to a representative. 

even if your insurance was only $50, just try to file an insurance claim. if the insurance thing doesn't work, just use the "money back guarantee" thing ebay has so the buyer can get his money back.

and yes, some post offices are sort facilities as well.

Thanks.

Will the "money back gauruntee" be coming out of my pocket though? How does that work?

I've been on the phone with customer service twice now and they don't seem to know anything. Still haven't received a phone call about the case I opened. I did ask the buyer to check his local post office though.

I'll be back with updates when I find out more.

shouldve been expressed with lots of insurance...you did that to yourself

It was an international shipment (hong kong) with "lots of insurance" still took forever to arrive after I was told it would take no more than a week.. **** usps

That's the thing they have on lock because shipping ups or fedex international :smh:

it's cheaper to cop a plane ticket & hand deliver :lol:

As stated already, it was most likely stolen. They've had big budget cuts in the last few years, so that only leads to employees taking on more tasks, while those who are supposed to oversee their work are also given the burden of a bigger work load. You go to the post office in my neighborhood to pick up a package, and they've got one side of the place dedicated to both shipping and pickups, instead of the usual separation of services. Then they sometimes tell customers they can't find their package they waited in line for.

I sent out some shorts back to J Crew for a return, and conveniently it never got there. I didn't even bother contacting USPS, due to how awful their service is. They'll only transfer you to a different representative over and over.

Nothing was worse than when I would order something, and they would leave a packing slip in my mailbox, without bothering to ring the ******* bell. I do my best to only ship through FedEx and UPS. I get pissed when I find out the USPS is delivering a package to my home.

Last edited:
The buyer waits almost 2 weeks after expected delivery date to contact you. Was he not checking the tracking status or what? This is why I always track shoes that I ship out. Waiting this long only increases the possibility that your shoes grew legs and are long gone.

Last edited:
A lot of you guys don't know that about 85-90 percent of your packages are
Also, supervisors could care less not only about the customer but also the carriers. The only true way to get action is to ask to speak to a postmaster. Trust nobody wants to deal with them and a fire will be lit under a lot of butts to find your package.
I agree with everything you said especially this. I purchased some shoes last year around August and the package disappeared. The package was last seen at my local post office. They are very notorious for not answering the phone. So I went up there in person and they were giving me all types of attitude and behaving like idiots telling me the package isn't at their location. Well I got in contact with the postmaster and explained the situation. She dealt with their *** and it turns out the package was there all along. They delivered it the following day and since then, they've been answering their phone. :lol:

i've had basically zero problems with USPS

except when I sent a package to DC

that place is sketchy as ****

sold some shoes through Ebay and shipped them with signature confirmation

dude contacts me and tells me to ship them on Friday so he gets them Monday

so I ship them Friday, but since he lives so close the package is expected to arrive Saturday

I tell him this thinking he'd be glad and he proceeds to flip **** on me saying "I told you I need the Monday!!! What's the tracking number???"

Monday rolls around and I contact him saying "I see the package is in DC, but you didn't sign for it. You can pick it up at the post office"

Days go by and I'm bugging because dude never hits me back up and the package was still never signed for so I'm thinking I'm about to get scammed somehow

I give it another week and still no word so I hit up the post office and ask them if they have the package. They tell me it's still there and I tell them to ship it back to me

Package comes back the next day with everything still intact and I haven't heard from the dude ever since the initial email... came away with $270 dollars AND my shoes back 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom