V.2015 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

I'm still waiting for my refund to be approved. 
grin.gif

Filed a month ago to the date. Receivedmy state but federal is still being "proccessed"

I dont get it

Filed on Feb 18, got my federal refund on Tuesday. still waiting on my state refund.

quick question:

I was unemployed all of 2013 and did not receive unemployment assistance so I did not file for 2013

I got my 1098-E for 2014 and I realized I never checked my 1098 for 2013. I checked and saw I paid $757 in student loan interest

:nerd: Should I file for 2013 now? :nerd: That 1098-E would be the only form I had for that year so would it make a difference or is it still unnecessary?

so should I assume that I still should not file? :nerd:

This is the first time I'm filing 1099, still trying to figure out what I can write off, I have no idea

Make sure you keep track of the miles you are driving your car for business. I have an excel spreadsheet I update after each day. Also you can write off half of the meals you purchase through work. There is a lot you can write off but it is brutal.

Make sure you keep track of the miles you are driving your car for business. I have an excel spreadsheet I update after each day. Also you can write off half of the meals you purchase through work. There is a lot you can write off but it is brutal.
I don't own a car, I don't have receipts for my meals but I have the card statements for records would that work?  What about my cell phone expenses since that's big part of my work?

Where can I file 2012 Fed & State taxes?

most online software will allow you to file fed and state; some offer free services, and some charge. check out irs.gov and your state taxation agency's website to get started.

there's plenty of recommendations throughout this thread as well.

most online software will allow you to file fed and state; some offer free services, and some charge. check out irs.gov and your state taxation agency's website to get started.

there's plenty of recommendations throughout this thread as well.

Nvm got it

Last edited:
It's been over a month and I still haven't received my tax refund. I filed through TurboTax like I always do.

HALP

It's been over a month and I still haven't received my tax refund. I filed through TurboTax like I always do.

HALP

Same with my bro and I man, got my state back in less than 2 weeks and normally that is the one that takes over a month. I don't know what the **** is going on.

Pull your transcripts it will tell you what's up but i heard it was issues with turbo tax

Tax day, make sure you file your extension if you can't file by tonight.

Remember an extension to file is not an extension to pay so if you have owed money in the past or expect to owe try to make a payment so you avoid penalties and interest.

I posted my NY state tax payment on the 13th online. They haven't taken it out my account yet. Will I be ok? I don't want to go to jail for tax evasion [emoji]128533[/emoji]

I posted my NY state tax payment on the 13th online. They haven't taken it out my account yet. Will I be ok? I don't want to go to jail for tax evasion [emoji]128533[/emoji]
Did you do a prompt tax payment or you made a Department of Taxation Account?

Either way did you save the receipt page when you paid because that will be your defense if they try to say you didn't pay on time.

Also you could call the Department of Taxation and Finance yourself if you are that concerned.

Last edited:
Did my taxes yesterday with Turbo Tax..... My return :smh:

Probably by some chucks with it and call it a year

So I just got a new job.
superb superb
I am married, no kids yet, school full time, live in an apartment, how many Dependants do it put down?

or anyone

Last edited:

HALP

Same with my bro and I man, got my state back in less than 2 weeks and normally that is the one that takes over a month. I don't know what the **** is going on.

Same here :\

Are you guys requesting direct deposit or mailed checks? No reason for it to take over two weeks if direct deposit, once approved by IRS and State. I did mine on the 3/23/15, had state that Friday 3/27/15, and Fed 4/1/15. That is crazy for it to take that long.

FYI: I use TaxAct.com. Used to use turbotax, but started using taxact in 2012. I always do both to see how accurate they both are. For some reason turbotax is always one or two dollars extra on Federal. Other than that, they are both the same and taxact is much cheaper. Makes no sense to pay more for the same ****.

Last edited:
Have yall checked where is my refund for status? It may be under audit. One year I filed my federal in February and didn't get it back until like June. There was 2 30 day or 60 day periods I had to wait through.

Back
Top Bottom