*** \V/ N*E*R*D - Seeing Sounds Album Discussion Thread \V/ *** (UPDATED)

No *$%$%#@#, I caught myself singing "Happy" today - reminds me of the Spymob song "Fly Fly Fishingpoles" for some reason (Check that outMatt).

I don't know how/ why I could leave "Tape You" off of my list. I guess that proves how incredible their bodies of work are.

And the sax solo at the end of the OG ISO is > The US ISO...both are sonically, the best thing i've ever heard in my life.

Nooooooow that I'm sitting here.....here in the sky, there's something inside you, blowing my high............so when we talk on the phone, till whenwe *##%...........

Originally Posted by Pitman13

WOW I'm shocked your not feeling "Happy" deepinthajeep, thats top 3 fave songs off the album, that "Sooner or Later", and "Yeah You".

I'm glad not just the diehard NERD Fans like myself likes this album. NERD will be getting more ears paying attention to them just off the strength of this album. I think someone said previously, but this album has a easier approach than the last two, not to mention their audience grew with the help of the GITD tour. Usually I don't pay soundscan much notice, but I hope a lot of people pick up SS, its definitely a gem.

My NERD list (no order)
Provider
Run to the Sun
Truth or Dare
Stay together
Baby Doll
Jump
Breakout
Fly or Die
Wonderful Place/Waiting for You
Yeah You
Sooner or Later
Happy
You Know What

I can't mention NERD without mentioning my ex Krissy, I remember when she first put ISO in my CD player, and I was blown away, I been a fan ever since.

really? no "Things Are Getting Better"? ?? ?

"now it seems that things are really getting better.....in my life....." no?

Originally Posted by JayJay414

I love how this just turned into just a N.E.R.D thread period...but I agree with whoever said all 3albums are great in there own right but production wise this one is the best IMO...Lyric wise its up there with ISO...I mean basically it all depends on what N.E.R.D style is your favorite

yeah all 3 albums are great work.
NERD is my favorite band right next to LP and the killers. top 3 bands imo (personal opinion of course
tongue.gif
)

as for my favorite NERD tracks it would be

1. maybe
2. sooner or later
3. wonderful place
4. run to the sun
5. provider
6. am i high
7. thrasher
8. love bomb
9. tape you
10. kill joy
11. break out
12. lapdance

and thats in no specific order, i just feel the need to number things when i make a list
laugh.gif

i love all their tracks though. their bridges and breakdowns are amazing, the best ive heard.

and Fly Or Die is one of my favorite cd's. hell, all 3 of them are in my top 10 albums aside from reasonable doubt, hybrid theory, hot fuss, ready to die,and stillmatic.

lol... its crazy cause back in high school i thought i was the only person in the world who was this into NERD. glad to see theres a ton of other people outthere
smokin.gif

\V/_

Well that's the great thing about NERD is that everyone has different opinions about which tracks are their favorites
Yet all tracks are amazing

I mean seriously the only NERD song on the first two CDs I don't like is Drill Sergeant, I need to let SS sink in a little more but damn I'm feeling it
Sooner or Later is
eek.gif

I'm proud to be a Neptunes stan though...anyone else have old CDs or LPs? Here's all I have, I'm sure there are a couple of y'all that can shutit down with some rare $%!!

2re4nf8.jpg

pimp.gif
\\//

I need to check ISO out.
I like this album, but I LOVE FoD..it took a while though, so Im gonna give this one time to grown on me too. I'll probably pick up ISO this weekend

yo baby doll gets so little love its crazy....glad i see it on alot of lists....im not in the mental place to make a list at the moment

and deepinthajeep....im gonna bother you about an old #!% song i ask you for repeatedly

B.I. - Ride Wit Me

laugh.gif
i doubt you still have it you passed it to me centuries ago

yo.
i LOVE the album.
i've played it so many times since Tuesday that i actually tried NOT to play it at work so i wouldnt get tired of it...
but i went back to it..

and listening to it now!!

love it

Locked Away get so little love, too...i can listen to that track on repeat for DAYS

LOCKED AAAAAAAA-WAY/ME AAAAAAAAND YOUUUUUUUUU anybody know what they say after that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Locked Away get so little love, too...i can listen to that track on repeat for DAYS

LOCKED AAAAAAAA-WAY/ME AAAAAAAAND YOUUUUUUUUU anybody know what they say after that
laugh.gif
i know i had another song in mind...that was it

Yeah, Locked Away Live is dope if you have a clear version. Also the Improvised Jam(don't you know that everybody here's/hears a star) in good Quality.
laugh.gif
these dudes and not releasing heat...

forgot i had these:

these were stickers from when "Fly or Die" came out...when that album came out they had listening parties @ skateparks all around the U.S...they weregiving out shirts, stickers, mad %+%@.

Am I alone when I say I don't like Laugh About It because it signals the end of the album?

Anyways, (since everyone else is making lists) if I had a 12 track N.E.R.D. album it would have...

Loser
Am I High
Yeah You
Run To The Sun
Maybe
Spaz
Wonderful Place
Sooner Or Later
Bobby James
Jump
Lapdance
You Know What

^
laugh.gif
i'm on Laugh About It now (is that elmo laughing all the way atthe end of track?)

i wanna listen to the album again but i gotta go to sleep

the album is just
pimp.gif

it's almost like a ride

i'm the exact opposite, on my first listen of the album, Laugh About It was my favorite song. It signals the perfect ending to a great album to me.

^^^ you need to send me one of them stickers.

And, im surprised i dont see many people mentioning Love Bomb as one of their favs.
It was DEFINATLY one of mine.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom