Vacation help

Hey nt I'm thinking of going to colorado tommorrow or the day after. Thinking of Denver, but was wondering about any place around there that should be seen.

giphy.gif

City Centers, Nightlife, and Things Locals Do

• Colfax Avenue - historically hailed as the "Longest, Wickedest Street in America," Colfax is safer now than in recent decades. Definitely some sketchy parts in Aurora and Lakewood, but also home tons of music venues, all-night diners, pubs, and more.

• LoDo - Lower Downtown is the busiest restaurant/bar/music venue district in the city. Hit Larimer Square if you're feeling fancy, Union Station if you like to people watch, and Market Street if you want to be assailed by the bro-est bros in all of Denver.

• Santa Fe Arts District - Busiest locale for First Fridays open gallery nights, easily-walkable and close to downtown.

• Civic Center Park - right on Colfax and the heart of Downtown, surrounded by art museums, the iconic Denver Public Library and the Colorado Capitol Building. Visit the Capitol and climb the dome for amazing city views.

• Confluence Park - giant park at the north side of Downtown where two rivers meet. Tons of people, bike paths, city views, and local, walkable restaurants and retail.

• City Park - home of the Denver Zoo, Museum of Nature and Science, Jazz in the Park, East High School, and Ferril Lake. The plaza on the west side of the DMNS has one of the best views of the city and mountains.

• 16th Street Mall and Denver Pavilions Mall - Tourists flock here, but locals are really only there during the work week. Plenty of gift shops and chain stores, tons of street performers, raving vagrants, and tourists.
Museums

Theater

Music Venues

Hiking and Outdoor Activities

• Red Rocks Amphitheater - a "must do in Denver" even if you're not going for a concert. Red Rocks Park features hiking trails, two music museums, natural beauty, and unmatched views of the Denver metro area.

• Mt. Evans - the closest 14,000-foot peak to Denver is also one that has a paved road all the way to the top. Go during the day to see mountain goats, or go at night to see the Milky Way Galaxy and a view of Denver unlike any other. The road is only open in the summer, go here for road conditions -Mt. Evans Recreation Area Info

• Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Preserve - formerly a Cold War chemical weapons factory, the buffer zone around the cleaned-up plant area is some of the most pristine and untouched-by-man prairie in Colorado. Plenty of trails, a nature drive, and even a bison herd can be found here. If you want to see wildlife, best to visit in the early morning or toward dusk.

• Cherry Creek State Park

• Chatfield State Park

• Green Mountain/Hayden Park

• Flagstaff Mountain - Great option for those who are older or of limited mobility. You can drive to the top from May through October.

• Boulder Flatirons/Chautauqua - An easy introduction to hiking. Great way to acclimate yourself if you're from out of state and want to start on an easy hike.

• Manitou Incline - This is steep and difficult, and not ADA accessible. Recommended for those in good physical condition.

• Hanging Lake - Easy introduction to hiking, but located pretty far out of Denver. Pretty densely populated with tourists. Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Family Fun

• iFly Denver - Indoor skydiving! Get into a vertical wind tunnel and fly. Even little kids 3 years old or older can do it, and it's a lot of fun.

• The Wild Animal Sanctuary - A non-profit sanctuary for rescued big cats, wolves, bears, etc. Northeast of Denver. You see the animals from catwalks just above them, and can get very close. It's worth the drive.

• Butterfly Pavilion - Often promotional pricing depending on the time of day you go, so check the website before going.

• Denver Zoo

• Downtown Aquarium - Exhibits and dining experience.

• APEX Movement - Take a class at one of the largest free running and parkour gyms in the world. Home to many athletes from Ninja Warrior.

• Denver Botanic Gardens — one of the country's top botanic gardens includes a restaurant, gift shop, children's garden, education pavilion, Japanese garden and art exhibits. Also has a summer concert series that's worth checking out.

• Tiny Town Railroad — Miniature village and railroad attraction has been a quirky family destination since 1924! Open daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day annually. ADA accommodations can be made for everyone to enjoy the experience. Call ahead to request ADA accommodations.

• Denver Mint - Free tours, but tickets go fast. ADA accessible. Photo ID required for those 18+.
Amusement Parks

2. Brewerys
Brewery Map

I'll be there later .. will let you know ... You alone , how long ?.. most better places to see are about half an hour or so .. boulder is a nice town to visit with pearl Street and a few other places to see there.. then there's sedalia (spelling?) With the fire watch tower hike

Nt I have made my mind up. And I am actually going to Toronto canada instead. I got my ticket and if it's cool. Can I get some suggestions for toronto.

Back
Top Bottom