Video.........Corvette ZR1 tops out at 205mph

lurkin2long

Banned
��

General Motors, Chevrolet and the Corvette team are clearly proud of the power ratings they just announced for the Corvette ZR1. With its LS9 V8 producing 638 horsepower and 604 pound-feet of torque, you would expect the most powerful Corvette ever to be the fastest as well. And you'd be right. On its GMNext website, GM has revealed that its taken the ZR1 all the way up to 205 mph at its test track in Papenburg, Germany

Just saw this and was about to post it.
smokin.gif

um...........your browser VID does work.............

SaNTi0321...............if you had to pick, HAD TO PICK..............ZR1 or GT-R??????

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

SaNTi0321...............if you had to pick, HAD TO PICK..............ZR1 or GT-R??????

I know you're not asking me, but I'm gonna answer anyway. I don't think the two cars are in the same price bracket are they? I thought theZR1 was going to be a little over 100k and the GTR is around 80k. I could be mistaken. I don't think they're supposed to be in the same leagueperformance wise either, right? The ZR1 is going to be an exotic-killer, and I think the GTR is going to be the next tier down.

Pops is getting one in Velocity Yellow, or so he says.

Should be a very interesting car to say the least.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

I know you're not asking me, but I'm gonna answer anyway. I don't think the two cars are in the same price bracket are they? I thought the ZR1 was going to be a little over 100k and the GTR is around 80k. I could be mistaken. I don't think they're supposed to be in the same league performance wise either, right? The ZR1 is going to be an exotic-killer, and I think the GTR is going to be the next tier down.
question is for anybody. and youre right about price.........butthe mark up. GT-R has exotic performance though..............Thats no even v spec modethough..........thatd be better to compare.......

Originally Posted by THockey66

Pops is getting one in Velocity Yellow, or so he says.

Should be a very interesting car to say the least.
sick

might as well take a couple photo with that and the Scurderia
pimp.gif

i didnt forget.

Thing is a beast. The Spec-V will be a better performer, and a better overall car. But the Corvette looks better, the vette is RAW, and its aVette. Corvette for the win everyday of the week IMO.

GT-R. I don't think I would have to think about it much. Not bashing the ZR-1 cause its an amazing car, but I rather own the GT-R. You can call it abiased opinion cause right now, I don't have a reason as to why I would take the GT-R over the ZR-1 besides personal preference. Performance on both is topnotch, and looks on both is dope too.
smokin.gif

sick

might as well take a couple photo with that and the Scurderia
pimp.gif

i didnt forget.

Forget about pictures, like i said before, your more than welcome to come see them in person.

not that impressive considering the z06 goes to 196 but once people get smaller pulleys/exhaust and a tune on these. then the real power will be seen.

Even driving in a straight line, I'd be shook to take a car to 200.

Funny thing is, why was there a tractor trailer on the test track? (you'll see them pass it around 1:40)

Back
Top Bottom