Vinyl Collecting thread Vol WAX

When I had my daughter in September, my “music room” with my turntable and records became the babies secondary room while my girl recovered from her c-section, now that the baby is in her own room, it has been repurposed as my girls work from home office.

So until we get into a larger living space, one of my favorite hobbies has been put on the backburner.

Please tell Jameson that I'm thinking about him.

RSD 2022 List is out (Apr 23)

It's cool they're repressing Vaudeville Villain, but it's mostly but mid in this list. Get on down pressings are usually pretty bad too

I’m trying to find The Low End Theory but it’s sold out everywhere. On Discogs the sellers are asking for around $90.

Thats normally in stock at any decent record store I've been too. Thankfully I got mine a while ago. Might want to try Tribes official website, I know they sell stuff directly themselves

Last edited:
See edited post

I was not successful there:

F013F397-DB02-4B22-BE7F-D4125D804337.png

Bought my first record in 2019 (Weeknd HOB)
And a ****ty player off amazon. Had no knowledge about record players then and I sent it back. Fast forward about a month ago, I was looking for a gift for a friend. She loves records so decided to get her a record. In the process I noticed some record prices were crazy high. It sparked my interest again and I went down the rabbit hole researched for weeks learning about different players etc. Finally buckled down on one.

Audio Technica LPW40WN
I love the authentics of it.
20220309_142240~3.jpg

20220309_142257~3.jpg

And added a few records to my collection
Lana Del Rey- Born to Die
Jhene Aiko- Chilombo, Sail Out, Souled Out
Sade- This Far collection
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
And still have my HOB record.
I like easy listening when at home.

Bought my first record in 2019 (Weeknd HOB)
And a ****ty player off amazon. Had no knowledge about record players then and I sent it back. Fast forward about a month ago, I was looking for a gift for a friend. She loves records so decided to get her a record. In the process I noticed some record prices were crazy high. It sparked my interest again and I went down the rabbit hole researched for weeks learning about different players etc. Finally buckled down on one.

Audio Technica LPW40WN
I love the authentics of it.
20220309_142240~3.jpg

20220309_142257~3.jpg

And added a few records to my collection
Lana Del Rey- Born to Die
Jhene Aiko- Chilombo, Sail Out, Souled Out
Sade- This Far collection
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
And still have my HOB record.
I like easy listening when at home.
I've been eyeing that record player. Did you get a good deal?

What cartridge do you guys have on your turntables?

Currently rockin w the stock one that comes with the Audio-Technica AT-LP120 but been wanting to upgrade

Question. Is it possible for record stores to sell "bootlegs"? Asking cause I copped Channel Orange from this store a few weeks ago, but later read online that that album was never officially pressed. Idk if thats fact tho. Just makes me think. Record sounds good regardless :lol:.

Anyways.. Just started collecting in December and its growing beautifully :pimp:

20220430_111620.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, bootlegs happen. I have Tool and Depeche Mode bootlegs bought new from store and they sound real good

Question. Is it possible for record stores to sell "bootlegs"? Asking cause I copped Channel Orange from this store a few weeks ago, but later read online that that album was never officially pressed. Idk if thats fact tho. Just makes me think. Record sounds good regardless :lol:.

Anyways.. Just started collecting in December and its growing beautifully :pimp:

20220430_111620.jpg

Yep plenty of record stores sell bootlegs, and yeah cO was never pressed officially. Most Frank Ocean records you'll find in store are bootlegs, unless they're charging $500+ for Blonde or Endless. Just glad I was able to grab Endless from the preorder lol

Gotta ask, does anyone have the Captain Murphy project from FlyLo on vinyl? I got hooked on that album again a couple months ago and realized when searching to see if it was ever pressed, that its a ****ing unicorn.

Back
Top Bottom