Vinyl Collection Thread... vol. crate diggers welcome

a1236ee36f36ccc37b0b17363e25060fd971eef1_r.jpg
fe536d346d67c7e179711b9735fc0d63bec98449_r.jpg

I recommend Ikea's Expedit book shelves shown above & link to site here. It's like they were made to store vinyl. They came in a variety of colors & look stylish (at least to me). I have the smaller one shown to the left but will get the bigger one as my collection grows. In fact, I might buy it now & store it in case they stop selling it...

Originally Posted by psk2310

Anyone ever find a record & get so excited you just want to tell the dude next to you (even though you don't know him) how happy you are that you found what you found?

Yeah. When I found my copy of S.O.U.L I damn near lost it. I NEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER thought i'd find that record and there it was. The only person that was in there was the store owner and he knew how ill of a find that was and the price was BEYOND right for that joint. He even gave me a discount on it.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Anyone ever find a record & get so excited you just want to tell the dude next to you (even though you don't know him) how happy you are that you found what you found?

Yeah. When I found my copy of S.O.U.L I damn near lost it. I NEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEER thought i'd find that record and there it was. The only person that was in there was the store owner and he knew how ill of a find that was and the price was BEYOND right for that joint. He even gave me a discount on it.
You had your self a damn near perfect day...
happy.gif

No sir...gotta keep that poker face on at all times
laugh.gif

Damn that Dilla selection is prob gonna be ill. I remember they did that for DJ AM after his passing and I picked up some dope stuff. I haven't been digging in a minute. Might have to make a trip

I love record shopping it's just unfortunate that there's barely any places to do it at anymore. Here in San Diego there's like 5 or 6 and that's about it and you can go through all of those in a day. Then you need to wait a few months and hope they've gotten something good in the meantime. But you're right there's nothing like finding the one record you've been searching for and then finding it in good condition. Always a good day. 

I know the feeling. A partner of mine was looking for this certain sample for over a year. I was even trying to help him find it(I wanted that #$%^ for myself to flip
devil.gif
) But low and behold he brought some records to my house and we was just listening. The sample we was looking for dropped and we looked at each other and flipped out. He had the record the whole time and didnt even know it. The life of a crate digger
tired.gif

to be honest... i dont really worry about the price. Im sure theres always going to be vinyls that are priced low and some that are way overpriced... I just enjoy that feeling of actually finding it.. If i gotta have it, i gotta have it. Like i said, i just began crate digging so ive never come across Thriller in a dollar bin... but to be real, i will buy every copy of "Thriller" and "Off the wall" that i run into... my love for MJ runs deep

You had your self a damn near perfect day...
happy.gif

Damn straight...

^
pimp.gif
That Grover Washington joint is a MUST have for beat diggers.

"Hydra" has ill drums.

Some of you guys answered this already, but do you collect records because you're a DJ or do you love music via vinyl?

I actually JUST got my first record player like a month back.  My setup aint nothin special, but i'm enjoying the hell out of crate digging and the collecting part of it. Just having the physical copy on vinyl is so worth it with the creative packaging on it.  I really came with almost zero knowledge as i got NO friends who dig, so i'm making it up as i go along.  When i saw one of my records came on colored vinyl i damn near lost my #+#! because i aint even know that #+#! was possible
laugh.gif

Here's all the #+#! i've copped on my own so far. I've got some hand-me-downs from pops i found the other day, too but i haven't had the chance to really go through and see what i'd want to keep apart from classics like Abbey Road, Led Zeppelin IV, etc.

532725_10100346433696137_572295612_n.jpg

Haul from a Black Milk live show. Whole deal cost $40 total. From left to right starting at the top: Random Axe - Random Axe, Black Milk - Album of the Year, Fat Ray & Black Milk - The Set Up, Black Milk - Black & Brown Instrumentals, Black Milk - Live at Third Man Records, Black Milk & Danny Brown - Black & Brown EP, Black Milk and Bishop Lamont - Caltroit

551876_10100346433825877_362055470_n.jpg

Amoeba Records haul in Berkeley on 4.28.12. Outkast - ATLiens, Kidz in the Hall - The In Crowd, NYG'z - Ya Dayz R #'d Remix 12" maxi single. M.O.P. - Rugged Neva Smoove 12" Maxi Single w/ DJ Premier Remix.

575421_10100346433870787_1721681361_n.jpg

Rasputin Music in Berkeley on 4.28.12. EMC - The Show, M.O.P. - Firing Squad, Wolf Parade - Wolf Parade EP, Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary

Rasputin Records San Leandro: David Banner - Mississippi: The Album, Wolf Parade - Expo 86, Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music, Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly

The crown jewel of my budding collection. Black Milk - Album of the Year. Signed & personalized to me & with translucent vinyl LP's.
523747_10100346433751027_689051099_n.jpg

Thanks PLVN and psk.

laugh.gif
Get on back in here Joe...
devil.gif
I'm not done yet.

I'm gonna post more tomorrow (including some 45's).

laugh.gif
Get on back in here Joe...
devil.gif
I'm not done yet.

I'm gonna post more tomorrow (including some 45's).

*Sees Bob James & three live at PJs. Goes to checks funds*

EDIT: You know what, does anyone have the Impressions first LP? I have a pressing that does not have 'It's All Right', and I can't find anything online.

anyone sell on discogs… I have a couple EP's i bought just to resell  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 worth like 50 bucks now, just bought this today found a great price feels gooood man!

I couldn't resist. Although I can't compete with you Ruxxx (Yet...) I can contribute again. Since the man's birthday is coming up, I present my (incomplete) collection of the greatest in my eyes.

new pick ups today.. went for my lunch break so i was digging for 45 mins only. Couldn't find much

Minnie Ripperton- Perfect Angel (noticeable track: Lovin You)

her daughter Maya Rudolph also did a tribute to this cover when she hosted SNL

tumblr_lzux9sI0VO1qegkcvo1_500.gif

The Beatles 1967-1970 two vinyl set

this is about to be a problem 
tired.gif

I have a ton of old albums. Really they are my pops but I claim them.
Will post pics whenever I feel like walking to the basement

Back
Top Bottom