Virgil Abloh says Streetwear is going to die out

I think by dead Virgil is talking about what the "Fashion" crowd is wearing & under that pretense he is correct & you've already started to see that.

I walk through soho daily and see kids in a completely different Aestethic then streetwear, they may still borrow elements but it's grown way past hoodies & T-Shirts
That new aesthetic IS the new streetwear.

That new aesthetic IS the new streetwear.

I wouldn't say that at all, while a lot of stuff does mix match nowadays, his point was that kids aren't going to just stick to the traditional looks of streetwear & that is already in process

A hoodie with jnco size plaid yellow pants and orthopedic sandals ain't streetwear.

Or maybe the issue is that it ain't US streetwear, but Chinese streetwear.

They are dictating the changimg trends. Enough people over there buying clothes to sway the market.

A hoodie with jnco size plaid yellow pants and orthopedic sandals ain't streetwear.

They are dictating the changimg trends. Enough people over there buying clothes to sway the market.

This + the extreme jump in athleisure

All that off-white crap gonna die out just like triple 5 soul or LRG.

Virgil knows his off-white brand is just and trend, all trends die and die hard when the next wave comes up. Enjoy while it last. Cause most of the stuff he puts out is arts and crafts clothes.

This + the extreme jump in athleisure

Went to a club the other night. And majority of people wearing sweats and tights, cut up jeans and the baggy tacky look.

Saw a cat in sweats and timbs. I asked bruh if he was from NY. This MF was from Oak Cliff Texas :rofl:

All that off-white crap gonna die out just like triple 5 soul or LRG.

Virgil knows his off-white brand is just and trend, all trends die and die hard when the next wave comes up. Enjoy while it last. Cause most of the stuff he puts out is arts and crafts clothes.

Off white has moved beyond only loud colors and big branding tho, He has started to focus in on the cut & sew stuff more which has more of a timeless look

This is why I never wore graphic t's. Just stuck with button-ups, flannels, hoodies, and woven sweaters. Only logos I have in my closet is North face, Nike, and Gap.

Neither was skinny jeans in 2002. Once upon a time Stussy was available in JCPenny’s. My point it that **** evolves. Streetwear is more than graphic tees and brand collabs. That just what it is(was) now.

Doesnt he mean high priced streetwear will die? As in bape and supreme 1000$ t shirts and not regular streetwear. Thats how I took it anyway

They said the same thing when crooks n castles, the hundreds and lrg were popular too and it’s more popular than ever now. Brands and the styles will tho

But if you look at those brands and all the other Karmaloop type brands (and even how the 'prestige' of BAPE kinda went down) vs. the landscape now.

High fashion definitely kinda infiltrated streetwear and made brands like that look "silly".

Back
Top Bottom