• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still haven't figured this out, any ideas?

This might be a stupid question but...

I downloaded a zip file of a CD on my phone. I unzipped it and I see it in file manager. If I click on a song it will play on that little cheesy popup song player that stops if you click anywhere off the screen or turn your screen off.

My question is how do I find the songs in play music? Its not showing up in my library and I'm not seeing an option to send to play music in file manager. Thanks

Move it to your music folder, and resync Google Play Music. It's stubborn though, so it may take a few re-syncs and I don't know if it actually makes a difference but I occasionally clear the cache of the app and force stop it to try to accelerate the process.

To help sort through what is on your phone and in your Google music cloud, you can also change the drop down at the top to just "on device" instead your entire library.

Good good with the Note 3 and iPhone5S/C dropping the S4 prices should be coming down closer to the $300 mark on craigslist :D

I already see a nice SGP flip armor case I want for it.

Man I'm glad I read this I look on Craiglist almost daily for the prices on them S4s closest I'm getting to 300 is 350 and those are rare. I will def cop once they hit that 30 mark. I need that boy unlocked ASAP tho

Does anyone know of a website to properly install Android 4.3. on a ATT Galaxy s3? I want to know how to wipe all the bloatware from Samsung and ATT to have a clean phone running on 4.3. Or if anyone can add some pros or cons regarding this process, it would definitely help. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a website to properly install Android 4.3. on a ATT Galaxy s3? I want to know how to wipe all the bloatware from Samsung and ATT to have a clean phone running on 4.3. Or if anyone can add some pros or cons regarding this process, it would definitely help. Thanks.
I believe you want to root, install a recovery, wipe everything, and then install a new 4.3 rom like CyanogenMod or aokp. I'm assuming you have the US variant of the s3.

you should start (and end) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1705

they have guides on pretty much everything you'd want to do. feel free to ask here about any of it, or if you want me to point you to the specific threads you should read. you can also find guides on youtube but I prefer starting at xda.

pros: phone will be fast and have the latest android. becomes easy to switch between different roms and customize things.
cons: you'll lose some features of touchwiz and battery life may slightly go down. also some risk of bricking your phone or losing warranty (not an issue if you follow instructions carefully). also takes a couple hours of time.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]thanks for the advice guys about CL. Today I'm picking up a mint condition Note II with clean ESN for $300. The person even agree do meet me at the Verizon store and sent me the MEID to check Verizon before time. I could probably flip it for closer to $400 and then get a Note 3, but I'm just going to keep it until next year when I'm eligible for an upgrade. Perhaps then it will be a GS5 or Note IV.

Guys who currently have a Note 2, do y'all feel the need to upgrade to a 3 or all you pretty much satisfied with your Note 2?
I know with my S3 I liked the S4 and it was definitely an improvement, but it didn't feel a sense of urgency to upgrade just yet.[/COLOR]

I definitely don't feel compelled to buy a N3, the improvements seems minimal at best. If I was rolling in bread would I get one? No doubt, but I'm not, and I'm content with my device for now.

[h1]Moto X Developer Edition for GSM networks is now available[/h1]
21 September, 2013 | Comments (9)  | Post your comment

Tags: MotorolaAndroid

The GSM networks capable Moto X  Developer Edition is now available for purchase directly from Motorola. The smartphone with unlocked bootloader is priced at $649 for a version with 32GB of built-in storage.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The GSM Moto X Developer Edition is available in woven white color scheme and will work on the LTE networks of both AT&T and T-Mobile. It sports a Developer Edition on the back to set it apart from its carrier-branded siblings.

The GSM Moto X Developer Edition is listed as being in high demand in Motorola’s online store. It might take up to seven days to ship.

Source  | Via

32gb extra overpriced moto x or 64gb HTC one for $650?
hmm.......
might actually lube up & let HTC have their way for that 64gb :smh:

I believe you want to root, install a recovery, wipe everything, and then install a new 4.3 rom like CyanogenMod or aokp. I'm assuming you have the US variant of the s3.

you should start (and end) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1705

they have guides on pretty much everything you'd want to do. feel free to ask here about any of it, or if you want me to point you to the specific threads you should read. you can also find guides on youtube but I prefer starting at xda.

pros: phone will be fast and have the latest android. becomes easy to switch between different roms and customize things.
cons: you'll lose some features of touchwiz and battery life may slightly go down. also some risk of bricking your phone or losing warranty (not an issue if you follow instructions carefully). also takes a couple hours of time.
Thank you, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do. 
happy.gif
 So I'm assuming that the first step is to root, install a recovery, wipe, and install 4.3?

Could anyone with the HTC One share their experience with the phone?

I have the HTC One S with T-Mobile. I'm aware that any phone that released this year is an update, but I want to know what to expect if I buy the One.

Last edited:

Thank you, it looks like I have a lot of reading to do. :D  So I'm assuming that the first step is to root, install a recovery, wipe, and install 4.3?
yes. this is the method I used (takes care of root and recovery): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1739426

then you can wipe and install anything pretty easily. just remember to make "nandroid" backups along the way in case anything messes up.

The Moto X seems to have just come and gone. I remember before its drop the tech blogs were acting as if it was going to set the game ablaze, and it doesn't really feel like there's been any impact felt from it.

Because the rumor mill was saying it would sell for $200-300 unlocked.

Could anyone with the HTC One developer edition share their experience with the phone?

:nerd:

no aws 1700, no cop

however my girl has the tmobile htc one, joint is flames.

and this is one of the big things that has me on the fence :smh:
oppo plz, plz have microSD support in N1!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom