• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We were recently treated to an alleged photo of the HTC M8 hardware  that showed off the backside of the upcoming flagship, complete with a pair of camera. Today another M8 image has leaked, but this time around the topic of conversation is software.

A screenshot from the HTC M8 has been shared by @evleaks, showing how HTC’s BlinkFeed will look on the device. BlinkFeed itself doesn’t look terribly different from the version that’s currently running on devices like the HTC One and One max, though the bright green color behind the images and weather does look pretty spiffy. We can also see a transparent status bar and dock, and at the bottom of the display is a set of on-screen buttons that look similar to the ones that leaked out last weekend.

Obviously it’s tough to really get a feel for the M8′s version of Sense based off of this one BlinkFeed screenshot, but so far I’d say that this version of HTC’s custom overlay is looking pretty nice. HTC appears to have made a few small tweaks, including adding a transparent status bar and dock like the one found in straight-up KitKat, that so far add up to a nicely refined version of Sense. The good news is that with the HTC M8 reportedly slated for a late March debut, it may not be long before the rest of this updated version of Sense is shown off to the world.

Source: @evleaks
[h2]High-end HTC Nexus tablet rumored for second half of 2014[/h2]
inShare

When HTC had entered the tablet market in the past, the company didn’t exactly see wild success. The HTC Flyer and Jetstream were quite unpopular, despite being somewhat solid devices. HTC just didn’t know how to make a truly successful tablet. But that may be changing soon, if these rumors are true.

According to the latest gossip, HTC will be building a Nexus tablet with Google. HTC has some mastery in designing hardware, and leaving the software to Google and stock Android would make the tablet potentially amazing. Plus, it is speculated that the tablet will be high-end in the specs department.

If these rumors prove true, we will be seeing this tablet sometime in the third quarter of 2014. Unfortunately, this rumor is pretty shaky–there’ no direct source–so take it with a grain of salt and don’t get too excited. Would you buy an HTC tablet after seeing HTC’s history with the devices? Tell us in the comments!

On a side note, did you know that employees of the Detroit airport have been seen using HTC Flyers for the job? The more you know

Last edited:
Anybody got that g flex yet? What yall think about it? I played with it today but I don't know if I can get used to that screen resolution.

I'm gonna go peep it today.. Curious how the screen and everything looks.

Edit: after playing with it the phone felt huuuuge.. Like bigger than the N3 I don't know the dimensions of the phone but it felt way out my comfort zone.

As for the screen resolution and everything else, it was good. The curved display didn't affect anything on the screen it's like you're looking at a normal phone. The resolution of the screen seemed perfectly fine no difference from me in terms of 1080 and 720 maybe if I put them side by side and not picked but even then i honestly don't see much difference. The one thing I didn't like was the size way too big for me. That 4.7-5 range is my sweet spot for size.

And I'd cop it over anything that was out right now if screen size wasn't an issue for me. I'm sure there are more things wrong that I didn't point out. But from what I saw in the ten minutes I played with it I liked it outside of the mass

Last edited:
gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

After showing us a dual camera setup on its back earlier today, the HTC M8 appeared yet again. This time around, we get to see the alleged front of the yet to be announced smartphone in a couple of leaked photos. The two images reveal that the upcoming device looks a lot like its predecessor, save for the significantly smaller display bezels and on-screen Android navigation buttons. The latter are said to be removable via a swiping gesture (the photos support this theory, as on one of them, the handset is without on-screen buttons).

We must note that the original source of the photos has already removed them. In our book, this means that we are indeed looking at the real thing.

Alleged specs of the HTC M8 include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC, 5” 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, dual 5MP camera setup, and Sense-d Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The device is tipped to go official in March at an event in New York City.

lawd. Ill be back to htc when the One+ drops
EDIT: Fake... damn.

Last edited:

NEWS

[h1]HTC M8 shows up in a new batch of leaked photos[/h1]
09 February, 2014 | Comments (3)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

A couple of newly leaked, alleged photos of the upcoming HTC M8 made the rounds. The duo of images gives us another look at the HTC One  successor’s dual-camera setup and on-screen buttons.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Despite its far from great quality, the photo of the device’s dual-camera clearly reveals a dual, two-tone LED flash, like the one found in the Apple iPhone 5s. Curiously, the image shows a slightly different camera setup than the previous time we saw it, possibly due to the prototype nature of the leaked devices.

The leaked photo of the on-screen buttons on the other hand, shows their setup in both landscape and portrait mode. The image is in line with what we’ve seen already.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The HTC M8 is tipped to be unveiled  next month in New York City. A mini version is also said to be in the works.

Source (in French)  | Via

Looks like it's the same layout as the nexus. Back-Home-multitask.. And no more capacitive buttons just on screen

thinking of upgrading from an iphone 4s to an LG G2 via amazon. it's going for $0.01 with 2 new year contract, which is great though i'm unsure now as there seem to be a handful of phones that are potentially dropping sometime around march including that new HTC

arghhh
Just save your money and wait for the One+ brah. The G2 is cool and all...but I wouldn't want to be stuck with it for a year+
you're probably right. it's only a month (less than a month, even). hopefully there'll be other phones dropping around that time to confuse me even more

thinking of upgrading from an iphone 4s to an LG G2 via amazon. it's going for $0.01 with 2 new year contract, which is great though i'm unsure now as there seem to be a handful of phones that are potentially dropping sometime around march including that new HTC

arghhh
Whatever you buy, buy the phone outright and unlocked rather than with a 2-year contract. It's more cost upfront but worth it in the end.

Nexus 5 = $400 + 2 years of prepaid service (straighttalk or simple mobile) @ $50/mo = $1600

Free high end device + 2 years of contract service @ $100/mo = $2400.

A total savings of $800 over two years. Of course the savings are a bit less if you go with a more expensive device but either way you will end up saving money, still have the same service (unless you go with Verizon), and not be locked in a contract.

Looks like it's the same layout as the nexus. Back-Home-multitask.. And no more capacitive buttons just on screen

Ok cool. Looked like they were still capacitive. I think I might cop the g flex Saturday. Not sure yet tho.

Ok cool. Looked like they were still capacitive. I think I might cop the g flex Saturday. Not sure yet tho.
I think the G Flex is dope if you have no problems with a big *** phone :lol:

But if you can wait I say wait it out a little more. Two great phones are around the corner in the S5 and the next One. If you can't wait the gflex is a really good phone from the little time I spent with it. Just too damb big for me.

I think the G Flex is dope if you have no problems with a big *** phone :lol:

But if you can wait I say wait it out a little more. Two great phones are around the corner in the S5 and the next One. If you can't wait the gflex is a really good phone from the little time I spent with it. Just too damb big for me.
The size was cool with me. It was the screen I was kinda worried about. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't great either. It didn't help that it was displayed right next to the G2 either. I'm sure without something to compare it to, it wouldn't bother me.

My N5 came in today. I don't know how I went this long without an LTE phone.
eek.gif

4jUmQLV.png

Last edited:
Bruh, why people trying to flip galaxy s4s on my local CL for 1500 and 2500 cause they have flappy bird installed? :lol:

[h1]Exciting LG G Pro 2 specs confirmed by AnTuTu scorecard[/h1]
10 February, 2014 | Comments (44)  | Post your comment

Tags: LGAndroidRumors

LG G Pro 2 existence was confirmed earlier this year by a few live pictures  of the device. The G Pro 2 has the G2 looks but comes with a bigger 6" display. It should go live at a press event  scheduled to take place on February 13 in Korea.

Today, just three days ahead of the official premiere, the LG G Pro 2 specs leaked via AnTuTu's database. It seems someone has put the two G Pro 2 units (Korea-bound F350L/F350K and the international D837 version) through the benchmark and you can check both the specs and the scores of the upcoming gadget.

LG G pro 2 on AnTuTu

The LG G Pro 2 is now confirmed to come with a 6" 1080p display and be powered by the Snapdragon 800 chipset (four Krait 400 at 2.26GHz, Adreno 330 and 3GB of RAM). The Android version ticking inside is 4.4 KitKat. The camera info is also out now - 13MP main shooter and a 2MP front-facing snapper.

Here is hoping the LG G Pro 2 will do better on the market than its predecessor which never reached its full potential.

Source  | Via

Back
Top Bottom