• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same boat here my dude, I've had the Sprint s3 since release week 2 yrs ago....how does the upgrade work with Framily? I'm not on framily yet,....so basically once we get on framily there's no more upgrades right?
Yea, no upgrades because technically you're not under contract. I say technically because anyone already under contract can switch over to Framily, but they are still obligated to the length of the original contract. You can "upgrade" your phone at full price & they coerce you into paying monthly installments for the phone, which combined with the plan itself, brings you back to paying too much for their service.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 agreed. I think thats a straight up trade.

This round of Androids has been trash to me, literally see nothing diff from last yr lol IMO I see no reason to upgrade if I were an Android user that bought a device from 2014, I guess this essentially the "S" year for many of you. I already said last summer Mobile phones are now on the decline

Dat Z2 is the most interesting device to me this year so far. Don't feel like I would be missing out on anything if I copped something from last year though.

got damb 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

lg not playing with these batteries man. speaking of...anybody hear any of the real world battery times of the droid razr maxx? I know when it launched they was talking bout 2 days..

According to my pops...with normal usage, talk, text, light web is possibly a day max
pretty underwhelming considering:
 [h3]Battery Outpowers Other Smartphones[/h3]
Get the freedom to use your phone day and night—and then some. Droid Maxx is powered by a 3500 mAh battery, which can provide up to 48* hours of use based on typical usage patterns. That means more time for you to take and share photos, play games, watch HD movies and more.
Thought for sure people would've been talking about the maxx more when I read that last year.

Pretty straight. Still getting used to the LG UI.

Love that you can customize the stock Launcher with your own icons.

I HATE that green battery icon :x

Camera is nothing like sammy, gotta get the hang of it.

Notification dropdown is clutch, especially with the remote app and volume controls.

The screen could be better. You have to have it on more than 50% for it to look 'HD'.

If not, you'll see all on your screen.

:x

Other than that, I'm good with it til the next influx of phones drop.

You mean the phone volume can be changed in the notification drawer? How do you do that? I don't see a setting for it.

Placed my nexus5 face down on a granite counter top today, when I went to grab it to make a call I noticed the screen was cracked pretty bad.

I'm super pissed, I've been extremely careful to not drop this phone and the screen cracks by placing it down on a hard surface. Smh

If you are going without a case I would recommend a tempered glass screen protector to prevent this from happening. Heard good things about Mime Ghost Glass. I have a Feather protector on the way from them myself to fit with a case.

just studied abroad in HK last year...people there LOVE the Mega
i literally would see at least 4-5 Mega's every time i went out along with the Note 2 + 3
cultural difference maybe?

Maybe its culture differences. But I mean that thing is huge do people in HK carry around small bags with them or maybe wear fanny packs because i just don't see how you could walk with that thing in your pocket.

Placed my nexus5 face down on a granite counter top today, when I went to grab it to make a call I noticed the screen was cracked pretty bad.

I'm super pissed, I've been extremely careful to not drop this phone and the screen cracks by placing it down on a hard surface. Smh
If you are going without a case I would recommend a tempered glass screen protector to prevent this from happening. Heard good things about Mime Ghost Glass. I have a Feather protector on the way from them myself to fit with a case.
i have the nilkin glass screen protector and it is way better than a normal screen protector 
smokin.gif

people on XDA said it has saved their screen from cracking due to drops

Last edited:

just studied abroad in HK last year...people there LOVE the Mega
i literally would see at least 4-5 Mega's every time i went out along with the Note 2 + 3
cultural difference maybe?
Maybe its culture differences. But I mean that thing is huge do people in HK carry around small bags with them or maybe wear fanny packs because i just don't see how you could walk with that thing in your pocket.
most people in HK use wallet cases. from what ive seen they put it in their coats, purses, bags, and some even pockets

most people take the train in HK and watch movies/shows or even skype while they are headed somewhere

another big thing are portable battery packs, people carry them everywhere 

i bought a 2200 amp one for $6 for emergencies 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom