• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just played with a G2 for the first time....jeezus DAT BEZEL lol. Its a beautiful phone put my GS3 to shame. I think ima hold off on getting a new phone this year until we see the G3 the next Note and the next Nexus

G2 folks... Any of you got viper installed???

The stock sound on this phone is trash :smh: :smh:

I browser the thread on XDA for viper so I can install it but that thing seems confusing :lol:

Last edited:
G2 folks... Any of you got viper installed???

The stock sound on this phone is trash
mean.gif
mean.gif

I browser the thread on XDA for viper so I can install it but that thing seems confusing
laugh.gif
I do it is fire!!!

Anyone know what's up with the nexus 5 MMS? It's kind of pissing me off. I've tried a grip of text apps and none of them work solidly. Sometimes I'll get them. Most of the time I won't. I know for a fact I didn't get a few today and then I had my boy send me a pic to test it out and the damn thing won't download. I got mobile data enabled for MMS always on 8sms.
Do you have Wi-Fi enabled? I know that was causing a few problems with thirdparty MMS. Disable it, and the MMS message(s) should come through

Nope. So far so good with 8sms. Yeah unless the phone has WiFi calling I know you can't receive them over WiFi with no signal.

Yup 8sms works. Aight so certain apps don't work with the nexus.

damn $300 around my area :smh:
still might cop and sell my nexus 5 though...
any pros/cons for you g2 users?

I had one for awhile and besides the occasional lag in some weird areas I have no complaints. The battery is dope and the camera rivals the 5s. It is really good. I just didn't like the messaging but that is more of an Android issue.

Non removable battery is a deal breaker. Galaxy S5 for me.

Couldn't find a better time to leave bunk *** sprint for t-mobile than now.
I was a loyal Sprint customer for years and this year was enough. They promise great 3G/Wimax that never materialized, then before that was completed they promised 4G/LTE and that still being worked on and now they are offering Spark triband? **** that ...... bunch of empty promise to keep the consumers with the thought of HOPE!

I was getting .30+ ups and down now that I have switched ...

I was a loyal Sprint customer for years and this year was enough. They promise great 3G/Wimax that never materialized, then before that was completed they promised 4G/LTE and that still being worked on and now they are offering Spark triband? **** that ...... bunch of empty promise to keep the consumers with the thought of HOPE!

yeah T-mobile's LTE dont play. 

Anybody thinking about getting the Oppo Find 7 ?

Last edited:

Funny you say that. I live in NYC and Sprint isnt nearly as good as what i realize ppl have with ATT and Verizon. Im actually considering going with ATT now with the 2gb plan. Its the same price as my current sprint plan at $80. I just checked my usage for the past three bill cycles and i barely scratched 1GB each month, but id go with the 2gb just to be on the safe side. I'm still very spotty with 4G on sprint.

Funny you say that. I live in NYC and Sprint isnt nearly as good as what i realize ppl have with ATT and Verizon. Im actually considering going with ATT now with the 2gb plan. Its the same price as my current sprint plan at $80. I just checked my usage for the past three bill cycles and i barely scratched 1GB each month, but id go with the 2gb just to be on the safe side. I'm still very spotty with 4G on sprint.
you probably aren't using that much data because you can't. Once you get a company that can deliver you'll probably go beyond the 2. Unless you aren't much of a streaming guy.

Yeah I just switched off sprint to T-Mobile. Wtf was I doing :lol:

When I called to port my number to T-Mobile the lady asked "why do you need your account number?" I replied "I'm porting to T-Mobile" she just says "OK here it is!" All happy. She didn't even try and keep me, she knew the deal. :lol:

Played with the htc 2 today (that's what I'm calling it). Nothing jumped out as amazing, but the build quality is impressive. Camera is nice and there's a cool perforated smart case that's available.

[h1]HTC publishes Sense launcher on the Play Store[/h1]
March 25th, 2014, 12:01 by  Peter43  comments

HTC is following in the footsteps of Google  and released its custom Android launched for free download from the Play Store. Along with the BlinkFeed launcher, the company also put out SenseTV (its remote control app) and HTC Service Pack.

gsmarena_001.jpg

BlinkFeed was first to put a magazine-like UI on the homescreen, something that Samsung has added to its latest TouchWiz incarnations.

The launcher features the same functionality as the native launcher on HTC phones, including showing upcoming calendar events, along with social updates and news, and offline reading mode to save on data usage.

The BlinkFeed launcher is available for free download  from the Play Store, but it seems to have limited availability (probably a regional restriction). If you manage to install it – or not – drop a line in the comments with your device model and country.

HTC SenseTV  displays the TV schedule with additional info for each show, including scores and stats for sports games. If your device has an IR blaster, the app will also control TV, set top box and home theater setup.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The purpose of HTC Service Pack  is less clear, apparently it’s a “support service update that combines previously released updates and helps make your HTC experience more reliable”.

Via

Last edited:
Thirsty to get my hands on the M8. I'll be completely satisfied if the user experience tops my current device (S3). I thought I could rock with this for another year but I'm bored, batteries are junk, seemingly from the get-go, & never felt like a premium device in hand.

Is the only benefit to ART is the quicker response time?

Amongst other things, a perfect ART runtime environment would increase speed/response time, increase battery life, and allow for better multitasking.

Unfortunately, ART isn't there yet. It results in better battery performance, and slightly faster processing, but not by a lot over Dalvik at the moment. Oh, and a lot of apps don't work with ART. A lot. http://www.androidruntime.com/list

Is the only benefit to ART is the quicker response time?

Amongst other things, a perfect ART runtime environment would increase speed/response time, increase battery life, and allow for better multitasking.

Unfortunately, ART isn't there yet. It results in better battery performance, and slightly faster processing, but not by a lot over Dalvik at the moment. Oh, and a lot of apps don't work with ART. A lot. http://www.androidruntime.com/list

Thanks a lot. I was wondering if I should switch over and see what happens. Repped.

How do you properly use titanium backup?

How many backups can you have in twrp?

Last edited:

Did you leave after your contract was up? Or did tmobile pay your ETF?

Back
Top Bottom