• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]Some dude in here said the "knock-knock" feature was a better feature than the fingerprint sensor on the S5. I'm about to totally deconstruct that argument.

Knock-knock is cool...but the fingerprint sensor is much more valuable feature. With the fingerprint sensor you have an instantaneous and very very secure unlock that is also very fast. It's not just for unlocking...you can also use it to pay for something via PayPal with just a swipe...it also unlocks the secret storage feature that keeps photos and files secret on the S5 which by the way is the first smartphone to have that feature baked into the OS...and last but not least you can store every username and login you have on the fingerprint scanner...this means all your bank logins and heck even NT.

Knock-knock can't compete.

Also the IP 6/7 is the BEST feature that you'll never need until you need it. All phones should have that feature...just because you never dropped your phone in water by mistake doesn't mean it will never happen....that's why they call it accidents DUH. You don't plan for accidents, at least with the S5 your covered.
[/COLOR]

:lol:

And of course a fingerprint scanner is more useful. But the one featured doesn't even work as good as it should

[COLOR=#red]Same dudes hollerin about build quality are the same dudes rocking big ugly cases that totally cover up the phone in the first place. I can't tell you how many times I had to guess what type of phone a person had because I coul;dn't tell with those ugly otterbox cases on them. It's like those test car mules where they put camouflage on it so you can't see the new car they are testing. [/COLOR]

Insurance > water resistant coating

I live at the beach. Salt water is a whole different animal

[COLOR=#red]

Dumb statement...Insurance requires a deductible and a loss of function until you get to a store...and plus your files and stuff are on the damaged phone. Plus I still have insurance anyway for theft more than damage. Long story short IP 6/7 means no need to file a claim. Please try better.

Also it's not just a coating they have rubber sealed O-rings for the battery compartment and the USB charging port.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Same dudes hollerin about build quality are the same dudes rocking big ugly cases that totally cover up the phone in the first place. I can't tell you how many times I had to guess what type of phone a person had because I coul;dn't tell with those ugly otterbox cases on them. It's like those test car mules where they put camouflage on it so you can't see the new car they are testing. [/COLOR]

Dumb statement

:lol:

And of course a fingerprint scanner is more useful. But the one featured doesn't even work as good as it should

[COLOR=#red]Works perfectly...and the so-called tech blog experts said you can't do it one handed which is a lie...you can swipe your thumb sideways using one hand. The tech bloggers only get a review unit for a few days so they don't usually get a chance to truly know the phone...that and they are usually biased.[/COLOR]

Well overall I was talking more about performance and the phone holding up for a long period of time. That is why I was saying I would only buy a note. It is better all around

You have this all mighty sealant and still pay for insurance?

Also all my files are backed up regaurdless.

Chill bruh. We get it youbthink your s5 is the best thing since sliced bread. Excellent. Really.

Dumb statement

[COLOR=#red]Dumb picture

Weren't you the one talking about you damaged one of your M8s because you mishandled it? Perhaps you do need one of those otterboxes for your amazing build quality phones. Anyway please tell me you are not bragging because you have 3 of the same cellphones...perhaps we'd be more impressed if you hade one M8, one G3, and one One Plus One. Your pic is like showing us a pic of three pair of white on white Air Force Ones.
[/COLOR]

You have this all mighty sealant and still pay for insurance?

Also all my files are backed up regaurdless.

Chill bruh. We get it youbthink your s5 is the best thing since sliced bread. Excellent. Really.

[COLOR=#red]Can you read? I said for THEFT as well as damage like a cracked screen. The S5 isn't the best, it's one of the best amongst the flagship phones.[/COLOR]

I think it is cause it does numbers. But the enthusiasts know what's up

[COLOR=#red]
I'm an enthusiast that's been into smartphones since I owned the Treo 650 so I've personally seen the evolution of smartphones. I still have my OG Nexus One. I used to get into rooting and all that but now I go stock. The whole "enthusiast" claim to make peeps feel like they are special ands unlike the sheep is kinda lame to be honest...at the end of the days we are all consumers that are affected by marketing. [/COLOR]

Ok man :lol:

There is nothing wrong with you liking your S5

[COLOR=#red]
Ok bro let me take it down a notch...I've said it in here many times before that all of the current flagships are great phones. I have praised the G3 and the M8 and from the reviews of the lucky owners the One Plus One is purely amazing. That's the beauty of Android...it has great variety. If I were going with another flagship it would probably be the G3 or the OPO...nothing against the M8 or anything.
[/COLOR]

Jewsee weren't you gonna return your m8 because you had an issue with charging or something :lol: and was gonna get an s5 if I'm not mistaken

[COLOR=#red]I can never be mad at JSJ, our love for firearms will always keep him cool in my book. I could see us leaving the gun range yapping about our phones :lol:[/COLOR]

Yea one m8 battery went haywire. It was reading wild inconsistant. Nothing to do with the build quality or mistreatment. These phones are tanksm my daughter kicked one ofd the rainforest cafe bar onto a concrete floor and it barely scuffed. If this ones battery starts trippin im def get somethin diff. Definately not an s5 at this point tho. Id activate an oldie n wait for the Note 4. Not big on the G3 for some reason. Im jus trollin dude cuz he thinks hes honestly droppin knowledge hah i dont want no trouble

Edit: exactly elder your a big boy hah i know you can take a rustling not like Keko Kotex

Last edited:
Nexus 5 is the best in hand feeling phone I've ever had. That matte rubber, with the compact size. 8)

Just wanted to add to the premium feeling argument from last page.

But using my 1+ for the past week, when I go back to get something off my nexus 5, it feels like a baby phone now. The screen seems tiny after staring at a 5.5 screen all day lol

I've never installed anything from Facebook. probably never will. Google plus is playing the long con by slowly making themselves central to YouTube, chat, etc.

as for the s5 vs whatever, it still cones down to personal taste. all I know is everyone I know bought Iphones and then s3 and note 2 and now they're all buying Iphones and nexus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom