• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anyone is having real G3 battery problems PM me. (not just cuz you like your brightness at 100%)

I get an AVERAGE of 5 hours OST.

But I am rooted and debloated and greenified.

The G3 at first is rough around the edges but if you put some time into it the phone is IMO best on the market.

I have no issues with lag have never gotten a cool down warning.

Just want everyone to have a good expirence with a great phone.

If anyone is having real G3 battery problems PM me. (not just cuz you like your brightness at 100%)

The G3 at first is rough around the edges but if you put some time into it the phone is IMO best on the market.

Repped, and PM'd. Beast phone, but needs a few tweeks to make it what it can be. Still the best on the market. The battery isn't the phone pursaue

Repped, and PM'd. Beast phone, but needs a few tweeks to make it what it can be. Still the best on the market. The battery isn't the phone pursaue
Sent you a PM too. Not having any issues with my phone, but just wanted to know how you got it to 5 hours of OST.

^ you'll find out soon man :lol:

Ive had some trippy **** like this come up, I think I turned it off somehow tho, do I need location turned on?
:lol:

Google Now cards, just turn it off in the settings.

I like it, I get everything updated to me, it lets me know the traffic before I head to work and how long I will be in traffic and if there is faster route or accident ahead. I get the score for my fav teams, the current and future weather for my home location and work location, shipped package updates and other misc. news info that I have searched for.

It's clutch IMO, but if your new to it, yeah, it can def be a lil frightening.

For those that don't know about Google Now

http://www.google.com/landing/now/

http://lifehacker.com/top-10-awesome-features-of-google-now-1577427243

http://lifehacker.com/learn-over-60-google-now-commands-with-this-infographic-1471859787

In short, Google Now learns from you. It uses GPS, location reporting, Gmail, etc. to provide you with information you might find interesting. If you buy something online, you'll get a confirmation e-mail or when it ships, right? Well with Gmail access it'll let you know via a Google Now card and you can just hit the card to track your package. It's the same info available in the e-mail from Gmail, but it gives you a nice, clean card instead.

Same with travel. If you're taking the subway, bus, driving, whatever everyday, it'll learn when you go to work and can give you a heads up on traffic or if you're taking a flight, it'll give you flight details. If you're in a certain area, it can give you "nearby places" just like a Google Maps search could give you if you wanted to find a bar or a restaurant nearby. If you have favorite sports teams, Google Now could give you score updates.

You have to use location reporting and have GPS turned on for it to truly work well.. as well as give it access to Gmail and other features. Yeah, it's a little weird that it can track you and if you're worried about big brother keeping tabs on you, then it'll probably make you uncomfortable :lol:

google now cards freak me out guys,,

couple of days after I got the phone, i check google now while waiting for the bus, and i saw a card showing the route i take everyday from my house to work.
i was like "what the?!?"

I go to some place, i check google now and it was showing me cards of "places near by"
again i was like "what the?!"

i got over that thinking it was using the gps to find me, so i got over that.

tonight im going to bangkok. so this morning,i check my phone and go to google now app,

there was a card showing me my flight details!! :x

this thing is ridiculous man. :rofl:

Haha what is this? Sorry only been on android for 3 days

It's linked to your e-mail.

I really want to use Google Now but my battery just can't handle it.

I thought it was cool though when I drove to work one day, and as I walking in, I got an alert showing where I had parked my car. Definitely a feature I could use if it worked consistently.

I havent used Google Now since the day I got my phone 
laugh.gif
. Wonder how much better its gotten, will turn it on for a day

Just curious, those that have the G3, how much on screen time are you getting? Im only getting 3-3.5hrs now and I have auto

Google Now is probably the single most used feature in my phone.  The thing even knows which nights I go to the gym and automatically shows the traffic there slightly before my gym time.  The joint is insane.

The "Ok Google" hotword working from anywhere in the phone is the best feature they ever added.  People always hit the 
eek.gif
 when I use it 
laugh.gif
.  And it recognizes my voice damn near 100% of the time

I havent used Google Now since the day I got my phone :lol: . Wonder how much better its gotten, will turn it on for a day

You'd probably need to let it run for a little while just so it can learn from you. Try it for a week and see how you like it.

How do u get it to work from anywhere on the phone? I have to open it first. S5 btw
Hold Home Key to access Google Now, Settings> Voice> "Ok Google" Detection> Check all three.  Now you can activate it by saying "Ok Google" from any screen.

(This works on every Android phone btw)

How do u get it to work from anywhere on the phone? I have to open it first. S5 btw
Same question from me as well. Ok google only work when I open it. Also is this going to drain the battery a lot by having the location turned on?
Doesnt drain my battery much more than usual.  Your mileage may vary though.  Google Search is always less than 1% usage in my battery stats.

Last edited:
Hold Home Key to access Google Now, Settings> Voice> "Ok Google" Detection> Check all three.  Now you can activate it by saying "Ok Google" from any screen.

(This works on every Android phone btw)

Doesnt drain my battery much more than usual.  Your mileage may vary though.  Google Search is always less than 1% usage in my battery stats.

This is dope. Good lookin out

i don't know what some of you are doing or what kind of apps you have running on your g3s, but i'm getting solid hours on mine 

if you're only getting 2.5 hours on your g3 you're doing something wrong

Last edited:
i don't know what some of you are doing or what kind of apps you have running on your g3s, but i'm getting solid hours on mine 

if you're only getting 2.5 hours on your g3 you're doing something wrong

I barely have anything on mine and I barely scratch 3 hrs.

I literally have everything off, and my screen is on 20% 10 hours a day and 40-50%auto the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom