• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it possible to stop the normal ringer from ringing when I get a Google voice call?

The hangouts will ring, I'll pick up and then the normal phone ringer will ring while I'm on the call and it's super annoying/loud
i believe you have to uncheck calls forwarded to your phone # section on the google voice site

[COLOR=#Red]VoLTE, Voice Over LTE, is now available for Verizon on the Galaxy S5, LG G2, and iPhone 6 for no extra charge. I Just enabled it, have to install an update before it goes active. From what I understand the person you are calling has to have VoLTE activated on their phone as well in order to experience the supposedly crystal clear HD calls. It also does direct vid chat but it burns 5 Mb per minute :smh:[/COLOR]

Forgive my ignorance but what's the point of voip on phones isn't data the more limited resource

[COLOR=#red]It doesn't use any data from your plan.

Also the Verizon S5 just updated to KitKat 4.4.4. It feels very much faster now. Fingerprint scanner is more responsive as well, even though it wasn't bad to begin with.

Also Android L is confirmed for the S5 shortly after release.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]It doesn't use any data from your plan.

Also the Verizon S5 just updated to KitKat 4.4.4. It feels very much faster now. Fingerprint scanner is more responsive as well, even though it wasn't bad to begin with.

Also Android L is confirmed for the S5 shortly after release.[/COLOR]

Bruh still on this fingerprint scanner :rofl:

^ :rofl: my son was defending it like he configured the code himself.

I'm about to download this update tho.

Also I don't understand the hate for touchwiz, I promise some of yall make it seem like it's unbearable. After a few days I could get used to pretty much any android interface.

The g3 is cold, but I don't like the on screen buttons, I much rather prefer the way they're set up on samsung devices.

Best Buy has a promotion for the Note 4 on their site. You get a $200 gift card when you trade in a phone for the N4. Looks like I'll definitely be pre-ordering today. I was already planning on flipping my N3 for around $300 anyway. This is a good backup plan.

[COLOR=#red]^ Nice use of Google. But conceptually it doesn't change the fact that they are not the same, similar but not the same and I posted my previous message so that the information given in this thread is accurate. Too much opinion being passed off as fact in here as it is.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Also the S5 has received camera firmware upgrades for KK 4.4.4. If I'm not mistaken image stabilization was added. Didn't see it in the options before but will check to confirm. There are definitely slight UI changes for the cam interface though. Also the lock screen is slightly modified. Messaging and the call screen was refreshed as well. Nice update so far.[/COLOR]

Got my OPO invites this morning as well. Anyone else out there looking to grab one and is serious about redeeming it? I have 1 I need to keep for a friend, but other that I should be good to help someone else out.

[COLOR=#red]I think the hype for OPO ish dying down some. Great phone but it definitely benefited from the whole Invite deal. They borrowing a page from Gmail when it first to came out in 2004 when it first came out invite only.[/COLOR]

Plus the yellow tint/ touch screen/poor customer support issues.
Some people have moved on to wait for the new nexus/ xperia z3/z3c.

Back
Top Bottom