• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edge has potential the price is just too high.

Receiving phone calls without interrupting what you're doing :smokin It's like having a dedicated multi window/menu screen

Last edited:
Got that 5.0 update last night :pimp:

Also took off my case and threw on a carbon fiber skin instead with the tempered glass screen protector. Love how this phone feels without a case (N5)

I concur, well the black model of the N5. That soft grip back is secks in hands.

Edge has potential the price is just too high.

Receiving phone calls without interrupting what you're doing :smokin It's like having a dedicated multi window/menu screen

No phone call interruptions may be a new 5.0 feature, cause on my N5 when I would be doing something, just a small window pops up top asking me to decline or answer... but I was still able to do what I was doing and my music was still playing.

hey anyone with a new nexus - could you post a photo of it like next to something else? like a fruit or something  just to compare
All I had was a fortune cookie, sorry.
BM45fZ7.jpg
this works! aha

lobotomy, are you deencrypting? not sure it's worth the performance increase. but maybe it'll improve battery life.

anyway I'm happy all the att stuff is easy to remove. btw keys or even fingernails are enough to scratch off the logo.

I haven't done it yet. I probably will tomorrow. I'll let you know what I see.
I took the plunge and decrypted (along with unlock, root, twrp, erase all traces of ATT :smile:hat thanks LB), animations all at 0.5x). There's no lag at all unless I open google earth and try to fly around Manhattan quickly while it's rendering buildings... Anyway, can't really tell if it's much different with encryption.

First impressions of the Nexus 6:
- heavy
- nice build but not at iphone level
- one-handed use possible but limited
- screen is solid (haven't removed the plastic protector yet so hard to judge)
- only noticeable lag is a slight pause when opening program for first time

I'll post battery OST after I've gotten a day or two with it. Only on my first charge (which is very fast with the supplied charger).

Overall, compared to my previous phone (S3) it doesn't look ridiculously big next to it. Honestly, I could have easily gone another year without upgrading phones. The S3 does lag badly under some conditions but 95% of the time it runs smooth.

lobotomybeats lobotomybeats did you have an OPO as well? How does it measure up to the Nexus 6?

I liked the OPO a lot. I like the Nexus 6 more. Yes, the 6 is huge. I've gotten use to it though. With Multitasking coming, it'll be nice to have features that take advantage of all of that real estate. I also tried the Note 4 immediately before the 6. The 6 is nicer. It's hard to beat Vanilla Android. Every time I try a new skinned phone I'm immediately missing my Nexus device. I have a Note 12.2. The only thing I use that for is drawing. I just don't like skins.

Does the OPO have Lolipop builds yet?

I do want the OPO but whats the point when my N5 still works and I'd have to deal with T Mobile cause I havent paid it off yet 

for those with big screens, change to:
DPI 460, keyboard us pc

battery is at 2.5 hours ost and 2 hours phone time. eh

Last edited:
flashed back to liquid smooth. lollipop is real fast and snappy

but xposed doesnt work and video recording is a must for me. esp since i use snapchat

i made a backup of cm12 so ill flash back whenever i feel like it

Google once again doing stupid ****.

No Gallery app. I have G+ App disabled.
No more QuickOffice. Been replaced with like 5 apps.

Its like they change **** just to change it.

Will be copping the Note 4.

you mean like having a text app and a google chat app that both work perfectly fine, and then releasing a hangouts app that replaces both, and then releasing a messenger app that's supposed to work alongside hangouts?

yeah their approach is confused at times.

speaking of their confused approach, i stopped using inbox. sure, it helps a little with avoiding notifications for email you don't care about, but the extra time spent getting used to it and making sure you're not accidentally missing important email made it not worth it.

edit: still, it will be a long, long time before i ever touch touchjiz again. reduced dpi plus the possibility of multiwindow support in a couple months makes the nexus 6 a much more appealing device.

Last edited:

i noticed this too.. Imo it was perfect 2 updates before lollipop i forgot what it was called tho :lol:
Even the camera app isnt a basic camera app everything is hooked up to google i dont like it either but it isnt that big of a deal to me **** a touchwiz :lol:

Last edited:
you mean like having a text app and a google chat app that both work perfectly fine, and then releasing a hangouts app that replaces both, and then releasing a messenger app that's supposed to work alongside hangouts?

speaking of their confused approach, i stopped using inbox. sure, it helps a little with avoiding notifications for email you don't care about, but the extra time spent getting used to it and making sure you're not accidentally missing important email made it not worth it.

edit: still, it will be a long, long time before i ever touch touchjiz again. reduced dpi plus the possibility of multiwindow support in a couple months makes the nexus 6 a much more appealing device.

I dont really mind all their other ventures. I just wish that they would find one messaging app. Too many different avenues.

I have my mom on Nexus devices. New update rolls out she can't find ****. It's like are you serious. The carriers made Google release that Messenger app.

I don't like touchwiz but at least its pretty consistent.

I'll be copping the Note 4 and changing the launcher. Nexus 6 has no split screen functionality among other things.

Notifications are all messed up too.

Too much work looking for alternative apps and stuff.

Jelly Bean and Kit Kat were great except for that G+ crap.

i noticed this too.. Imo it was perfect 2 updates before lollipop i forgot what it was called tho :lol:
Even the camera app isnt a basic camera app everything is hooked up to google i dont like it either but it isnt that big of a deal to me **** a touchwiz :lol:

Exactly. Kit Kat was sweet.

The phone calls not taking up the whole screen when you're using the phone is nice though.

Back
Top Bottom