• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fact that LG wouldn't give us some sort of variation of the G4 for the Nexus 5(2015) proves they give 0 damns about the consumer :lol: The phone takes cues from the iPhone S series in terms of small upgrades from its predecessor. Only Nexus that ppl gon cop are the Huwai, and if not that, then the Moto X will get people's money.

I've read that even though the battery is smaller in the note 5 then the note 4 it last a little bit longer then the note 4. I've had 3 notes and I have never carried a extra battery with me.

Last edited:
Oh man, I hope that's not true. Was waiting on that one. If that's true I might have to go with the Moto X. Kinda wanted a fingerprint reader tho. Here's a better pic of the LG Nexus 5.

I'm thinking about getting the moto x pure I might get rid of the note 4. Has anyone had any experience with the moto x?

Last edited:
 [h1]Android Pay Launches Today, Letting You Pay With Your Phone at Millions of Retailers[/h1]

Alan Henry
Filed to: ANDROID PAY9/10/15 9:30am

If you thought Google’s new Google Wallet app this morning  was confusing, now we know why: Google’s taken the wraps off of Android Pay, their pay-by-phone service, and is rolling it out today across users and retailers nationwide. 

If you’re confused, here’s the lowdown: 
  • Google Wallet  will still exist as a way to manage your physical Google Wallet card, and send and receive money (a la Venmo, Square Cash, and other similar services). 
  • Android Pay  on the other hand is Google’s new payment system, designed to make it easy to digitize your payment methods, use your Android smartphone to pay for your purchases both online and at brick-and-mortar retailers, and to pay for in-app purchases. 
Android Pay will work on any NFC-enabled Android device running KitKat (Android 4.4) or higher, every mobile carrier, and at any retailer with an NFC payment terminal that supports the service. In Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) you’ll also be able to use a device’s fingerprint reader to authorize purchases. You’ll be able to add your debit card and credit cards (including American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa) to the service and choose which one you want to pay with at the payment terminal. Most major banks and credit unions are supported out of the box, although Citi and Wells Fargo will be available “in the coming days,” and according to Google if you don’t see your bank listed now, it’s on the way. 

1424514328743890214.jpg

Android Pay is currently US only, and is rolling out to Google accounts today, and has the support of over a million retailers nationwide (although of that million retailers, there’s only about 63 individual companies on the list right now, as you can see in the graphic above.) 

When Android Pay was announced back at Google I/O earlier this year, most people saw it as a way to modernize Google Wallet and make it a real competitor to Apple Pay, which people saw as a “pay for stuff with my phone in the real world” service first and a way to organize their credit cards and rewards second. Compared to Google Wallet, which has always been useful but never broadly adopted by retailers or users, this shift—while a little confusing—at least means Android users will be able to pay with their phones as well as  enjoy Google Wallet’s other benefits at the same time. Hit the links below to learn more.

Android Pay  | via Official Android Blog  and Ars Technica
How many people knew this dropped today?  Google is really TERRIBLE at marketing
mean.gif
sick.gif
.  Its like they are TRYING to fail 
mean.gif

I accidentally spilled some protein shake on top of my phone yesterday. Some milk managed to get inside the earpiece but I didn't think too much about it since it wasn't a lot.

Now I could barely hear anything when people call me. My tech brethren, is there a solution for this?
anybody? :nerd:

I didnt know Android Pay was out. Looking forward to using it. Says they're rolling it out gradually though. Let me know when it's out :lol:

Even if they didn't market it on tv or anything like that, They're Google, a simple doodle or a push to all Android phones/gmail would be efficient enough to spread the news.

Oh man, I hope that's not true. Was waiting on that one. If that's true I might have to go with the Moto X. Kinda wanted a fingerprint reader tho. Here's a better pic of the LG Nexus 5.

Kinda tired of seeing all the different renders. I'm just gonna wait until Sep 29 before making up my mind the on the new Nexus 5.

Even if they didn't market it on tv or anything like that, They're Google, a simple doodle or a push to all Android phones/gmail would be efficient enough to spread the news.
Thats not gonna sell any NEW devices though.  Plus, theres so many good features that Android has that most users dont even know about.(ie Hangouts, etc).   Android could be alot bigger if they actually marketed their features better. (Google and the OEMs)

Plus You could use the same argument for Apple, since all they have to do is push out an update and ALL iphones will have the new feature

Last edited:

Thats not gonna sell any NEW devices though.  Plus, theres so many good features that Android has that most users dont even know about.(ie Hangouts, etc).   Android could be alot bigger if they actually marketed their features better. (Google and the OEMs)

Plus You could use the same argument for Apple, since all they have to do is push out an update and ALL iphones will have the new feature

I see your point. Google has always slacked in marketing, I don't know if it's due to their beginnings as just a search engine per se or what. And Hangouts is coo but it's eh sometimes. I'd like it if it were pretty much Handcent since Handcent is buggy. I miss the pop up reply windows.

But Google doesn't really have to sell devices, that's up to the manufacturers who use their OS. Nexus phones are gon sell regardless w/o advertising.

i wish there was a black/champagne option for the Moto X Pure. I want that Champagne trim but i don't want a white face

Omg pls

Google's Internet service eyes southern California, Kentucky

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) -- Google may expand its ultra-fast Internet service into southern California and Kentucky for the first time.

The preliminary plan announced Thursday is aiming to bring the "Google Fiber" service to San Diego, Irvine, California and Louisville, Kentucky.

Google still must work out the logistics with government leaders before reaching a final decision on whether those three cities will join 24 other U.S. cities that already have or are scheduled to get a service that promises to deliver online content at one gigabit per second. That's up to 100 times faster than existing Internet services.

Prices for Google Fiber are comparable or below what most households already pay for Internet access. The service typically costs about $70 per month for just high-speed Internet service.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/googles-internet-eyes-southern-california-181944920.html

Last edited:
Confused as to the difference between Android Pay.. and what was already in play with Google Wallet?  Ive doing all that they listed with my phone and Google Wallet for almost two years..

Super excited for my One Plus Two but man, their logistics are absolutely terrible. They say it's in stock but they don't even have units ready to ship. They keep changing estimated delivery times left and right. Forums are a mess. They've created this hype they simply can't meet right now

Back
Top Bottom