• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone using Naked browser on the Note 4/a non nexus? The bottom menu that usually pops up (see the pictures on Google play for reference) isn't coming up at all. What gives?

BB goofed with that price without a doubt. When u consider the Nexus phones, LG, etc. U don't want to gamble on the phone at that price.

Last edited:

It's here bros and it's beautiful [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Verus case looks better than the pic below. Adds to the bulkiness so I'm kinda iffy about it...always been Team Raw too. The thickness of the case makes it a little awkward to use the fingerprint sensor. Probably gonna look into those ultra thin silicone condom cases for scratch protection. Generally don't drop my phone so I don't really need a case for impact protection. Have a D brand skin on its way and glass screen protector so I'll need to keep the case on for now.

OG HTC One M7 Google Play on steroids :x

Last edited:
I honestly think that Google will start making their own hardware in a year or two. Or maybe just buying moto's patents to make it easier for manufacturers to make devices since that portfolio is so expensive. If they do make their own hardware next year, everyone with 6P's this year gonna be unhappy.

nah i doubt it. google support of the nexus line runs deep. idk about marshmallow but they were pushing lollipop as far back as nexus 4. with exception of nexus 6, nexus line was a ton of value for the money, and i think the 6P users will be happy regardless of what happens in the future.

It'll happen eventually. Only if and when Android becomes closed source

interesting. LG and Samsung would be devastated. HTC too but they are trashing it up these days.... now that i think about it, anyone know why google went open source with android in the first place? its kind of a history question at this point, but i can't seem to recall their reasoning. :nerd:

to buy a company just for the patents? i mean yea ok, but to me it seems the direction of google is blurry. where do they want to be with hardware? the dabble in this and that, but aren't really consistent.

Google doesn't want to compete with the current Android manufacturers, because it'd crush them. At the time of the Moto acquisition, Samsung and LG were started the develop their own OS's (Tizen & webOS[?]) and were trying to end their reliance on Google. Google then bought Moto for a variety of reasons. One, they kickstarted the serious development of wearables with the Moto 360, they acquired patents for future use, but most importantly they scared the current Android roster back into submission. Nexus already showed its appeal with stock Android and being ahead of the other flagships in term of OS. Samsung and the others knew they had to fall back into line or be crushed if Google seriously entered the market with Moto flagships. Subsequently, Samsung signed a decade long deal with Google promising to focus on Android rather than push their own ecosystem, and two days later Google sold Moto. 

wasn't webOS palm before HP tried to mess with it?

regardless, samsung would fail if they tried to make their own OS. and im basing that off of how they take android and, imo, scale it back with bs features, excessive menu options, and a dated design.

why wouldn't google go hardware, if success is guaranteed? im no business man but i figured that would translate to more money. plus why care about samsung at all? samsung doesn't even run stock android which im sure google prefers. i don't get it...

Google will go hardware, they are already inquiring with chip manufactures to create their own SOC. Why start developing your own chipset if your not gonna put it in your own hardware ?

To those that got in on the Samsung testdrive, can I drop my own sim card in there or do I have to get the one in the phone activated?

@lobotomybeats
 did your huawei watch come in already? if so how you liking it?

this is from my post earlier in this thread...

I jumped ship. I have a Moto 360, I wanted to get a new watch. It was between the Huawei watch and the second generation 360. I went with the Huawei and I am happy. The determining factor was that flat tire. Man, on anything other than a dark background, the tire just kills the flow. So far I am liking the Huawei. It's nice to be able to have a white watch face. I know it's trivial, but the watches are so close. It was the difference. Also, I wanted to try something new.

I feel like Huawei could have shaved twenty bucks or so if they didn't pay so much attention to the box. Holy ****, it's over the top.

To those that got in on the Samsung testdrive, can I drop my own sim card in there or do I have to get the one in the phone activated?

You can drop your SIM in there. Was using the Note 5 & Edge+ while I was waiting for the 6P

Couple of initial impressions/notes with the 6P so far and some comparisons to the Note 5:

• It's a big phone. If you have your phone in your front jeans pocket and go to put on your socks, the phone's going to impede how far you can lift your leg up so you'll have to stretch your arms to put the socks on your feet. Weird example, but it affects me :lol:
  • Not a fan of the fingerprint sensor in the back. With the phone being as big as it is, I mostly have it sitting on my desk because the inner corner of the phone would dig into my stomach. To activate/unlock the phone from the desk, I have to pick it up and touch the fingerprint sensor in the back. I'd much prefer it on the front or the side like the Z5.
  • Scrolling down and across webpages is a little juttery. Likely an easy fix with some fiddling of the kernel.
  • The Note 5 screen is farrrr superior. Sunlight legibility isn't great and the colors don't POP with the 6P (I personally don't care for color accuracy, especially on a phone. Whatever looks good to my eye regardless of how overly saturated Samsung's screens tend to be gets a higher mark). The Note 5's screen also feels like it's on TOP of the glass and not behind it. Amazing stuff.
  • The bezels annoy me. I now have a great appreciation for Samsung with its design of the Note 5; that footprint is perfect in the hand. Yes, yes stereo speakers.
  • Speaking of speakers, output is good, quality is meh. Not touching Boomsound. Possibly can be improved by software.
  • Camera is really good....up to par with Samsung's current gen. Haven't taken any night shots yet.
  • Grip is pretty good without a case. The back is pretty slippery, but the sides have a rubbery coating on it. Note 5 is all glass with metal sides, but actually wasn't terrible. The back glass is curved so it nests nicely in the hand.

Overall, I'm happy with the 6P with some somewhat minor exceptions. It's not perfect like I'd hope, but it never is when it comes to phones these days. I'm thinking the Note 5 is the superior phone (but it's also $200 more expensive). The battery is pretty poor with the Note 5 (about 3.5-4 hours SOT, but that usually lasts me the whole day. Might not be good enough for the power users).

As much as I love stock Android, I actually didn't think Touchwiz was that bad, especially with a Material theme and Nova Launcher. The RAM management thing is a little annoying though.

You can drop your SIM in there. Was using the Note 5 & Edge+ while I was waiting for the 6P

How do those devices compare to the 6P?

Oh weird, I was typing up the above before I saw this post :lol:

I personally don't care for the Edge+ so I didn't even bother. The sides of the Edge are "sharp" and kinda hurts my fingers after extended use. The screen has a yellow tint and just doesn't look as nice as the Note 5.

Last edited:
I'm giving this thing a try for a few days.

I gotta tell you. The hardware is fantastic. The back of the phone has the best feel I have ever experienced. It's hard to explain, it's almost waxy. It feels excellent. Blackberry killed it with the hardware. We'll see how the rest of it stacks up. I'll have more to report in a few days.

Was just looking at that Blackberry to replace my 6+ as my work phone in a few months. Its either that or the Sony Z5 Premium for sure.

This thing is great. I am loving the keyboard so far. It takes a little getting used to, but I am digging it. It's a little small, but it's easy to get acquainted.

The biggest drawback is that to take full advantage of the physical keyboard and it's predictions and ALT menues, you have to have the BlackBerry keyboard as your default software keyboard as well.

I don't see this replacing my 6P, but it's kinda refreshing. It's both weird and nice having to learn something new

Man I used to love my Blackberry :pimp: it was my 1st "smartphone".
BBM was what imessage is today since it felt like everyone had a Blackberry back in the day. I remember telling myself that I could never use a touchscreen keyboard when all the new phones were coming out :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom