• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm eligible for an upgrade for Sprint in October.  Right now I'm thinking of getting either the Evo 4g (how available are they?) or an Epic 4g.  I have a Palm Pre and I LUV webOS but 2 things I absolutely HATE about this phone is the terrible build quality of the phone, basically made to fall apart, and the atrocious battery life.  I don't wanna be having to buy an expensive phone only to have to replace it with a refurb because it's a piece of $+!%.  I would luv to hear from Evo owners and from Epic owners when it comes out.  I hear the Evo's battery life isn't the best either so I'm curious to hear how the Epic is, and how the other Samsung Galaxy Series S phones are in terms of battery life.  So how is the build quality of these 2 phones?  I've never had an htc, and have heard some complaints, and I've had samsung phones before which gave me few issues and were built pretty well.

I'm eligible for an upgrade for Sprint in October.  Right now I'm thinking of getting either the Evo 4g (how available are they?) or an Epic 4g.  I have a Palm Pre and I LUV webOS but 2 things I absolutely HATE about this phone is the terrible build quality of the phone, basically made to fall apart, and the atrocious battery life.  I don't wanna be having to buy an expensive phone only to have to replace it with a refurb because it's a piece of $+!%.  I would luv to hear from Evo owners and from Epic owners when it comes out.  I hear the Evo's battery life isn't the best either so I'm curious to hear how the Epic is, and how the other Samsung Galaxy Series S phones are in terms of battery life.  So how is the build quality of these 2 phones?  I've never had an htc, and have heard some complaints, and I've had samsung phones before which gave me few issues and were built pretty well.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif
just get a damm phone..there is always a better phone coming out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I can't ever jump onto the Android line... It seems like theres a new phone coming out EVERY DAY.

I'm on Verizon so i'm waiting on the iPhone...I'm over this 'Berry.

i was about to get the Incredible...then the Droid X...then the Droid 2...now I hear about the Droid Pro...and then theres a HTC Sense Android phone with possibly a 2.0Ghz processor on the timeline...
smh.gif
just get a damm phone..there is always a better phone coming out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Basically, Evo or Epic....

I'm having the same dilemma.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Basically, Evo or Epic....

I'm having the same dilemma.

Love my new Droid X. 4.3 inch screen with good battery life - took it off the charger 16 hours ago, used about 90 minutes of voice, half an hour of gps and used 3g data throughout the day, it still has about 20% left.

BTW, what are some of the biggest benefits to rooting? I wanted to do more research into it but just don't have the time.

Love my new Droid X. 4.3 inch screen with good battery life - took it off the charger 16 hours ago, used about 90 minutes of voice, half an hour of gps and used 3g data throughout the day, it still has about 20% left.

BTW, what are some of the biggest benefits to rooting? I wanted to do more research into it but just don't have the time.

I get my Samsung Captivate on Wednesday. The iPhone was fun while it lasted. Let's see if i'll regret the switch or not.

I get my Samsung Captivate on Wednesday. The iPhone was fun while it lasted. Let's see if i'll regret the switch or not.

pimp.gif

The other thread was gettin kinda annoying with the constant questions that kept getting answered over and over again. Smh...

Anyways...

I just saw this..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Samsung to launch Android OS iPod Touch competitor...

[h1]Samsung's Android-Running Answer to the iPod Touch Spotted[/h1]
500x_samsung_galaxy_player.jpg

Given the model number YP-MB2 and looking like the Galaxy S, the Samsung Galaxy Playerwill run Android OS, have a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, a 1 GHz processor, a 3MP camera, and Wi-Fi connectivity. [Samsung Hub via Tech Radar]

Wack...We need a generally released Android tablet already. Why the fark is it taking so long for one to drop?

I can't believe crappy Best Buy is about to be the first one to drop a damn Android tablet before the rest of the big companies do...SMH

pimp.gif

The other thread was gettin kinda annoying with the constant questions that kept getting answered over and over again. Smh...

Anyways...

I just saw this..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Given the model number YP-MB2 and looking like the Galaxy S, the Samsung Galaxy Playerwill run Android OS, have a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen, a 1 GHz processor, a 3MP camera, and Wi-Fi connectivity. [Samsung Hub via Tech Radar]

Wack...We need a generally released Android tablet already. Why the fark is it taking so long for one to drop?

I can't believe crappy Best Buy is about to be the first one to drop a damn Android tablet before the rest of the big companies do...SMH

I put this in the HTC, might as well put it here too.
This plain black wallpaper has been a real battery saver for a ton of Android users.

I've used it at work the past few days (without any task killers & 5 syncing widgets set to sync every 2 hours) and I've gotten great battery life as opposed to the Carbon Fiber-iish black wallpaper that comes stock on the Evo. 

When I do a full charge (more on "Full Charge" below) it stays at 96-99% battery for about 1.5 to 2 hours with this wallpaper, with casual texting/web surfing (With Wifi, 3g, & GPS turned ON). After that I don't really bother to check battery percentage, I just know I've never dipped below 70% after an 8 hour shift at work.

----------------------------------------------- long-press below for wallpaper

----------------------------------------------- long-press above for wallpaper

And about getting a "Full Charge":

I've been doing alot of reading about the battery problems. 

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Especially those complaining on seeing a 10% drop in battery in the first 10-30 minutes right after a "full charge"[/color]

I found out a ton of devs have said that the batteries stop charging after they hit 100%. After that the phone feeds off the battery until out drops to 90% then it starts charging again. 

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]So sometimes (most of the times) when you unplug, you're actually at anywhere from 90-99% battery. [/color]

To have a full 100% battery charge you gotta unplug from the charger as soon your green light comes on. Or if you charged the phone overnight, when you wake up, unplug it, leave it to rest a few minutes (to allow the conductors or whatever to stop charging). 

So after you brushed your teeth or shower or w/e, just come back and plug it in for a few more minutes while you get dressed and as soon as you see it turn green, disconnect it from the charger, and your phone is now at a true 100% charge.

This doesn't just apply to Android sets. I did a little testing with my friends (iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs, BB Storm 2, my Evo4G, HTC Hero). None of us experienced a quick 10% battery drop like we usually do after a 'full night of charging'.

My Evo4G stayed at 99% for about an hour and a half on stand-by with GPS & 3G activated and a few things syncing in the background before it dipped to 98%. 

I alternate between JuicePlotter & Spare Parts to check battery percentage.

PS. I was a person that swore by my Task Killer, and I've stopped using them. I saw that it was doing nothing but draining battery. 

If I wanna stop a task that I think might be a vampire, I just delete it or manually shut if off (Settings - apps - manage apps- running apps - click on app & click 'force stop')

I put this in the HTC, might as well put it here too.
This plain black wallpaper has been a real battery saver for a ton of Android users.

I've used it at work the past few days (without any task killers & 5 syncing widgets set to sync every 2 hours) and I've gotten great battery life as opposed to the Carbon Fiber-iish black wallpaper that comes stock on the Evo. 

When I do a full charge (more on "Full Charge" below) it stays at 96-99% battery for about 1.5 to 2 hours with this wallpaper, with casual texting/web surfing (With Wifi, 3g, & GPS turned ON). After that I don't really bother to check battery percentage, I just know I've never dipped below 70% after an 8 hour shift at work.

----------------------------------------------- long-press below for wallpaper

----------------------------------------------- long-press above for wallpaper

And about getting a "Full Charge":

I've been doing alot of reading about the battery problems. 

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Especially those complaining on seeing a 10% drop in battery in the first 10-30 minutes right after a "full charge"[/color]

I found out a ton of devs have said that the batteries stop charging after they hit 100%. After that the phone feeds off the battery until out drops to 90% then it starts charging again. 

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]So sometimes (most of the times) when you unplug, you're actually at anywhere from 90-99% battery. [/color]

To have a full 100% battery charge you gotta unplug from the charger as soon your green light comes on. Or if you charged the phone overnight, when you wake up, unplug it, leave it to rest a few minutes (to allow the conductors or whatever to stop charging). 

So after you brushed your teeth or shower or w/e, just come back and plug it in for a few more minutes while you get dressed and as soon as you see it turn green, disconnect it from the charger, and your phone is now at a true 100% charge.

This doesn't just apply to Android sets. I did a little testing with my friends (iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs, BB Storm 2, my Evo4G, HTC Hero). None of us experienced a quick 10% battery drop like we usually do after a 'full night of charging'.

My Evo4G stayed at 99% for about an hour and a half on stand-by with GPS & 3G activated and a few things syncing in the background before it dipped to 98%. 

I alternate between JuicePlotter & Spare Parts to check battery percentage.

PS. I was a person that swore by my Task Killer, and I've stopped using them. I saw that it was doing nothing but draining battery. 

If I wanna stop a task that I think might be a vampire, I just delete it or manually shut if off (Settings - apps - manage apps- running apps - click on app & click 'force stop')

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

pimp.gif

Anyways...

I just saw this..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This.....actually....might....not....be ....bad.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  This is pretty much biting the ipod touch HEAVY tho.
But they might as well make it cheaper that the ipod  touch and give everyone thats not an apple brain or doesnt have that much money to spend  on the brand name a chance to get a nice device.

I wonder how  much  it will be tho.

And i dont get the point of an android tablet if you have a 4.3 in phone.....its pretty much the same thing.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

pimp.gif

Anyways...

I just saw this..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This.....actually....might....not....be ....bad.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  This is pretty much biting the ipod touch HEAVY tho.
But they might as well make it cheaper that the ipod  touch and give everyone thats not an apple brain or doesnt have that much money to spend  on the brand name a chance to get a nice device.

I wonder how  much  it will be tho.

And i dont get the point of an android tablet if you have a 4.3 in phone.....its pretty much the same thing.

If you’ve been waiting for an Android-powered Personal Media Player (PMP), but don’t have the patience for Samsung to bring you their Galaxy Player, then maybe the GoGear Connect from Philips would be a better choice. (Which we first saw back in February.) That is, if you find yourself in Europe, and not in the United States. It looks like Philips has managed to bring the Android 2.1-powered PMP to digital retailshelves across the pond, if this new screenshot from Argos is any indicator.

Philips-GoGear-Connect.jpg

Featuring a 3.2-inch touchscreen display, FM radio tuner, microSD card slot, 16GB of internal storage, and a battery life that should last you about 25 hours with music playback, and 5 hours of video. The PMP will also feature GPS. Unfortunately, even if it does sound interesting enough to give a second glance, the price makes us want to take a step back. Listed at €264.99, or about $340, it’s not an inexpensiveplayer, that’s for sure. Unfortunately, Philips hasn’t given any word that the PMP will be sold around these parts, so we’re not going to hold our breath for this one. Any day now, Samsung. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$340  is pretty expensive.......but at least it come with 16GB internal storage AND a mini SD card slot.

(On a side note...why the hell doesnt Google chrome have posting options??? 

If you’ve been waiting for an Android-powered Personal Media Player (PMP), but don’t have the patience for Samsung to bring you their Galaxy Player, then maybe the GoGear Connect from Philips would be a better choice. (Which we first saw back in February.) That is, if you find yourself in Europe, and not in the United States. It looks like Philips has managed to bring the Android 2.1-powered PMP to digital retailshelves across the pond, if this new screenshot from Argos is any indicator.

Philips-GoGear-Connect.jpg

Featuring a 3.2-inch touchscreen display, FM radio tuner, microSD card slot, 16GB of internal storage, and a battery life that should last you about 25 hours with music playback, and 5 hours of video. The PMP will also feature GPS. Unfortunately, even if it does sound interesting enough to give a second glance, the price makes us want to take a step back. Listed at €264.99, or about $340, it’s not an inexpensiveplayer, that’s for sure. Unfortunately, Philips hasn’t given any word that the PMP will be sold around these parts, so we’re not going to hold our breath for this one. Any day now, Samsung. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$340  is pretty expensive.......but at least it come with 16GB internal storage AND a mini SD card slot.

(On a side note...why the hell doesnt Google chrome have posting options??? 

got an iphone 4 and im already bored with it. Have somebody willing to trade me a new in box samsung captivate for my iphone? Good trade? really want to try out Android.

Back
Top Bottom