• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone get the xda book? read reviews that it sucked i wanted it tho, "the complete guide to rooting, roms, theming" reviews say it basically tells you to go xdas website for everything lol

http://www.guardian.co.uk...nt?mobile-redirect=false

laugh.gif

hope the judge here in the US feels the same
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

http://www.guardian.co.uk...nt?mobile-redirect=false

laugh.gif

hope the judge here in the US feels the same
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

anyone get the xda book? read reviews that it sucked i wanted it tho, "the complete guide to rooting, roms, theming" reviews say it basically tells you to go xdas website for everything lol

is it an actual physical book?  it would be ******ed to have a hard copy book considering how things change every week.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

Man why do you all keep buying these new andoid phones especially the sg3????????????????????

Dont you know they all the same phones now only thing they change is the name!

Droid razr is the best solid device out now!

you in the wrong thread dog
laugh.gif

you might be mistaken for the iphones
I challenge anyone to tell me what os the difference feature wise between the droid razr and the new SG3 phone?

The RAZR is actually a sick phone. Besides the fact that I am on JB now it was better than my Nexus pound for pound. Amazing build, better camera, better radio, blazing fast. So actually, even tho he could have worded it better he has a point. Like, besides it being a hobby, can you really justify buying all of these new phones? Yeah the specs may be a lil better but?
And when you are into rooting and rom'ing it really doesn't mean all that much

So I def see what he is saying.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

The RAZR is actually a sick phone. Besides the fact that I am on JB now it was better than my Nexus pound for pound. Amazing build, better camera, better radio, blazing fast. So actually, even tho he could have worded it better he has a point. Like, besides it being a hobby, can you really justify buying all of these new phones? Yeah the specs may be a lil better but?
And when you are into rooting and rom'ing it really doesn't mean all that much

So I def see what he is saying.

I worked for Verizon and I use to sell the Razr Maxx over the Nexus. Nexus is good but the avg customer is dumb, so they wouldn't use it to the potential and it was OD buggy. Razr Maxx I rarely had people complain about. Id only sell the Nexus to people who came in asking for it, because they would be the ones who know the deal about the dev stuff.

I get what you're saying supreme but since I can buy them every time they come out I will..

KanyeShrug1.jpg

come at me bro

These new phones are dope tho. The EVO LTE is the most attractive phone to me for some reason tho.

I dunno, I was telling myself that I would get the next phone for Verizon that is similar to the note since I am interested in ebooks for school etc but I think I will just get the Nexus 7.

Man why do you all keep buying these new andoid phones especially the sg3????????????????????

laugh.gif

I challenge anyone to tell me what os the difference feature wise between the droid razr and the new SG3 phone?

There really is no point in buying all of these phones. I went from the original nexus one to the galaxy nexus since all the phones in between had the EXACT same OS with barely any performance difference. Honestly if you buy a new phone every two years you're good. People are fooling themselves into thinking these specs such as quad-core and what not make anything more than a marginal difference. 

laugh.gif

You have two different manufacturers, so you'll have two different OS skins.

You say features, those will be close to the same because they're both Android and I think the RAZR is updated to ICS now. But the SGIII is probably faster than the RAZR so you'll have a completely different user experience. And Touchwiz is more refined than motoblur, even though I've used both now and hate both of them. Vanilla or Sense is the only way to go for me.

But the main differences between the phones are the specs.

Motorola Phone are just plain ugly, they been riding that Razr design for almost 10 years (yes im counting the OG razr phone)

boutta go buy an evo lte off some guy on CL for 390.

good deal or bad deal?

gimme advice bros.

no i dont want the galaxy nexus its nice phone but it looks so damn horrible.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

laugh.gif

There really is no point in buying all of these phones. I went from the original nexus one to the galaxy nexus since all the phones in between had the EXACT same OS with barely any performance difference. Honestly if you buy a new phone every two years you're good. People are fooling themselves into thinking these specs such as quad-core and what not make anything more than a marginal difference. 

We want the latest & greatest even if we don't need it.  Nobody who already owns 100 pairs of shoes needs to be on NT, $C, eBay, etc. stalking a new pair of kicks but they do because they can and they want a new cop.  I don't disagree with you for the most part; my GS II was and still is an excellent phone which I'd rate a 9.5 out of 10 for my satisfaction (any issues I had were carrier caused).  But I still copped a GNexus anyway cause that's what I really wanted.  I didn't need another phone but I work hard to earn my cash & I like to splurge on electronics, none of which are really a necessity.  I do think people get waaay too caught up in dual core v. quad, pentile, extended batteries, yadda yadda and just need to enjoy their devices though. 

d e beatup-- im with you i have owned pretty much every high end 4g phone with t mobile and vzw and several with at&t.. so many so ill be like o ya i had that one for a week.

what people who dont buy/sell/trade phones is you meet tons of peeps like ourselves on ebay or cl and 9 outta 10 times your gonna get 75% or better for the old phone towards the new or straight trade so you get to upgrade when ever you want.. i cold not imagine having the same phone for years waiting on a upgrade.. i am currently rocking the vzw galaxy nexus( itching to move it soon been to many months with it lol) along side the unlocked maXimus romed international htc one x...

welp VZW finally pushed the OTA updates for ICS to the Razr family
pimp.gif

muchhhhh better.

i sell phones as well and can see where dude is coming from a few pages back... to the large majority of ppl it really doesnt matter at this point, the new/added features would probly go unused anyway.

ud b amazed the amount of $$ some ppl spend on phones to come see me a year later and only the wallpaper be different
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DroSeph

How's the battery life on the GS3? I heard it blows...
^

I'm getting about 8-10 hours with constant texting, emailing, sync on, facebook widget running and brightness a little under half.
Plus a few phone calls here and there, music here and there, a few games of Homerun Battle.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

want my nexus 7 already

i hate pre orders
i wanna order when its officially in stock
i just ordered it, why ull get it first, then maybe there will be a delay and nokia is saying they stole their wifi idea now too http://www.engadget.com/2...ads-on-its-wifi-patents/ , 282 shipped for the 16, people on xda saying goog raised taxes and expensive shipping to get more $ 
laugh.gif

I never been into Samsung phones, but I took the plunge with the nexus...it has been great so far....running jellybean with no issues at the moment is pretty much the reason Im happy I choosed this phone...Many great phones out there, you just got to see what tickles your fancy.

Back
Top Bottom