Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by DroSeph

I'm definitely waiting as long as I can in order to get the Galaxy Nexus. Beginning of December would be great since that's when I'm planning to upgrade anyway. I hope there is news soon. Do you think the SGSII will also get ICS? I really want that feature that lets you put a cap on and monitor your data.
The SGS II will be guaranteed to get ICS.

Originally Posted by DroSeph

I'm definitely waiting as long as I can in order to get the Galaxy Nexus. Beginning of December would be great since that's when I'm planning to upgrade anyway. I hope there is news soon. Do you think the SGSII will also get ICS? I really want that feature that lets you put a cap on and monitor your data.
The SGS II will be guaranteed to get ICS.

I dont know if anyone else can confirm this, but my boy works for tmobile and has the SGSII. He said they made him get a new, different looking sim card for his phone that someone takes advantage of their faster internet service.

I rooted his SSGSII and used tethering on his laptop and was CONSISTENTLY getting 8-10 mbps down and 2.5-3 up........and we were INSIDE his apartment, away from the front window.

It blew my mind, seriously.

Anyone else heard of this?

I dont know if anyone else can confirm this, but my boy works for tmobile and has the SGSII. He said they made him get a new, different looking sim card for his phone that someone takes advantage of their faster internet service.

I rooted his SSGSII and used tethering on his laptop and was CONSISTENTLY getting 8-10 mbps down and 2.5-3 up........and we were INSIDE his apartment, away from the front window.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Why the hell am i on Sprint
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

30t6p3b.gif

Thats what i said...........But we`ll have LTE next year, but i would also anticipate them going up on their prices when it happens also.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

30t6p3b.gif

Thats what i said...........But we`ll have LTE next year, but i would also anticipate them going up on their prices when it happens also.

Originally Posted by mp3911

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by flipzahoy

yeah i was thinking about that also, but online its $50 cheaper than the original gs ii. seems like a better deal down the line, also thinking bout resale value
grin.gif
havent really had experience with a 4.5 screen so ill probably go to an att store today and check it out.
They have the same processor but the Skyrocket is clocked at 1.5GHz which allows it to do more. It also has a bigger battery but besides that they are the same phone except for the LTE. If you are in a 4G area or a soon to be, I would utilize it, you can always  turn it off. As of now, there is no 4G charge if I'm correct
The Skyrocket has a Snapdragon processor, compared with the OG's Exynos, which is a lot faster even clocked lower than the Snapdragon.

http://briefmobile.com/at...-s3-not-exynos-processor
All you had to do was say it was made by Qualcomm. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by flipzahoy

yeah i was thinking about that also, but online its $50 cheaper than the original gs ii. seems like a better deal down the line, also thinking bout resale value
grin.gif
havent really had experience with a 4.5 screen so ill probably go to an att store today and check it out.
They have the same processor but the Skyrocket is clocked at 1.5GHz which allows it to do more. It also has a bigger battery but besides that they are the same phone except for the LTE. If you are in a 4G area or a soon to be, I would utilize it, you can always  turn it off. As of now, there is no 4G charge if I'm correct
The Skyrocket has a Snapdragon processor, compared with the OG's Exynos, which is a lot faster even clocked lower than the Snapdragon.

http://briefmobile.com/at...-s3-not-exynos-processor
All you had to do was say it was made by Qualcomm. 

actually just copped the gs ii at target for 99 
pimp.gif
thanks for the input/heads up on the deal, now gotta figure out how to make use of this beast

actually just copped the gs ii at target for 99 
pimp.gif
thanks for the input/heads up on the deal, now gotta figure out how to make use of this beast

My mytouch 4g bricked, never rooted it and recovery isn't working... any way i can get a better phone from t-mobile. A sensation maybe?

My mytouch 4g bricked, never rooted it and recovery isn't working... any way i can get a better phone from t-mobile. A sensation maybe?

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

The Sensation is nice, but the T-Mobile GSII is nicer.

Well they're definitely not giving me that for free
laugh.gif
, I'm trying to be realistic

Well they're definitely not giving me that for free
laugh.gif
, I'm trying to be realistic

Originally Posted by CasperJr

So the nexus isn't coming to sprint?!?
30t6p3b.gif

Unfortunately not as of yet.
And Sprint is Pissing me off even month i pay for their services. I will switch in a heartbeat if the Verizon kept the unlimited data plans. I gotta upgrade to a new phone by next month or its gonna be taken away (again)

Originally Posted by CasperJr

So the nexus isn't coming to sprint?!?
30t6p3b.gif

Unfortunately not as of yet.
And Sprint is Pissing me off even month i pay for their services. I will switch in a heartbeat if the Verizon kept the unlimited data plans. I gotta upgrade to a new phone by next month or its gonna be taken away (again)

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Looks like the SGSII has been slightly updated with the SGSII Skyrocket. bigger screen, slightly faster processor and LTE. The tech world needs to slow down a little. 
laugh.gif

AT&T will expand it's LTE network to a few more cities including Washington DC on Nov 6th. They are also releasing 4 new LTE phones including the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the HTC Vivid. The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will have a bigger screen 4.5" and a faster dual core processor 1.5 ghz versus 1.2 Ghz.

The advantage of AT&T LTE over Verizon's is that when out of range of LTE the phones will go to HSPA+ which is almost as fast as LTE anyway. SO basically you'll be going from True 4G (LTE) to faux-4G (HSPA+). When out of the LTE coverage on Verizon you go from True 4G to EVDO.

attlte2full.jpg

wha the heeell? why release so fast?

Back
Top Bottom