• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Game Over...this is the new software that will be on the Galaxy Note when it upgrades to ICS. It do *!#% even the new iPad doesn't. For the record I have the new iPad and the Note so there is absolutely no bias. Oh and BTW ICS Other The Air (OTA) update has already started as of yesterday. There is nothing out there that even comes close to the Note with ICS.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Samsung Galaxy Note Ice Cream Sandwich update begins rolling out now![/h1]
By Daniel Cooper posted May 10th 2012 4:01AM

Samsung has begun quietly rolling out the long-desired Android 4.0 update for the Galaxy Note. When it arrives, it'll add the latest edition of Google's OS and the "Premium Suite" full of stylus S-pen friendly apps like S Note, Shape Match and My Story to your 5.3-inch phablet. The company is yet to confirm the launch, but several European users are already on the ICS bandwagon, with others expected to join soon -- but let's be honest, it's gonna feel like decades until that blessed notification pops up.

EDIT: THat's only for the International Version of the Note...the one with the Exynos processor and no LTE. But XDA has a leaked release of the AT&T Note ICS and it is very stable with no reported problems. I will be the NT guinea pig and put it on mine as soon as I get it back.

Still going strong with the RAZR on Gummy (ICS). %+#+ is perfect and buying another phone would be dumb. A lot of heat dropping tho. I like the Note a lot and I think it will be my next phone. That would be a beast with my textbooks on it etc. So I will just patiently wait for a similar phone on Verizon to come out

Anyone downloaded flipboard yet?
I'm playing with it at work, it's pretty cool and surprisingly really smooth on my phone, (it's over 2 years old DINC1)

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by i3allistic

which launcher do you guys recommend?

Adw or go launcher

I still like LauncherPro, even though it seems like support for it has ended.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Game Over...this is the new software that will be on the Galaxy Note when it upgrades to ICS. It do *!#% even the new iPad doesn't. For the record I have the new iPad and the Note so there is absolutely no bias. Oh and BTW ICS Other The Air (OTA) update has already started as of yesterday. There is nothing out there that even comes close to the Note with ICS.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 too much win. I'm on Sprint but I need this in my life.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

How do I "un-root" my phone? Will I lose all the stuff I have currently?

idk the exact instructions. check xda
but yeah i think you will lose everything.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Galaxy Note AT&T 4G LTE 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Cot damn!  My party got spoiled; read further & International S3 doesn't support TMOs 1700/2100 so GN it is.  Prolly was gonna be friggin $700 to import anyway.  I've only played with the Note running GB but I need to get my hands on one with Vanilla 4.0 & see what's good...

First time android user.. got the One X last night and man.. Hats off to them boys at HTC. If I can describe this device in one word.. Quality.

flashed ics to my note, unless you use a launcher like nova or apex its basically gingerbread with a few ics features which isnt a bad thing, its also mostly a huge app update with snote, gives some cool features like 1 handed keyboard....still playing with it just giving my initial thoughts

FOR GALAXY NEXUS USERS

Wallee M - Modular Magnetic Phone Mounting System

What is Wallee M?

Wallee M is an innovative, modular case mounting system for the iPhone 4/4S and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. By embedding powerful rare earth magnets into an ecosystem of great accessories, we've completely eliminated the need to thicken or add unnecessary bulk to the case itself - one of the key advantages of our design. Wallee M achieves a high level of functionality while staying true to the aesthetic and convenience of devices as beautiful as the iPhone and Galaxy Nexus.

This is definitely something I will be purchasing. I bought some cellphone cardash holder to put my GNEX on and the damm thing broke no less than 3 months of me owning. Since Samsung is taking forever to release the proper accessories like the 3-pin dock connector and the Verizon car dash mount is lacking the 3 pin dock connector this seems a better value cause the $105 pledge package offers way more than the 3-pin dock connector that cost $100 bucks and this product is very versatile. I'll be looking into this.

NFC SMARTPHONES ONLY

Fun With NFC: Automating Simple Tasks With NFC Tags And An NFC Capable Phone

IMG_0702_thumb.jpg

More and more devices are becoming available with NFC - but what does that actually mean? First and foremost, NFC stands for near field communication. Basically, when you get your device close enough to something equipped with NFC - like a tag or a mobile payment center - it invokes an action on your device. Google Wallet is a perfect example of NFC in mainstream use; simply touch your phone to the payment terminal and the rest is done for you.

There are more practical applications to using NFC than just Wallet, though. Another good example of this is a feature in Android 4.0 called Android Beam. This allows two NFC-equipped phones to send data to one another simply by tapping them together.

Another fantastic, and much more customizable, use for NFC is the ability to write (and re-write) tags used for executing user-specific commands. One provider of such tags, Tags for Droid, offers incredibly affordable tags - only $11 for five, $16 for 10, or $26 for 20 - with a nice little Bug Droid logo on them. Perfect for showing your iOS buddies what's up with NFC.
I've been using these NFC tags to automate simple tasks for the better part of a month now, and I have to say - it's pretty great. I also use Tasker for certain things, but when combined with the power of NFC, the pair can accomplish nearly anything.

BUY NFC TAGS HERE
D/L THE APPS HERE [1] [2] (You'll have to buy the #2 app for this to work)

A fellow Nt'er put me on this (sorry don't know yourNT name
laugh.gif
I as well was thinking of ways of utilizing the NFC hardware on my phone so that when I get in my car and tap the NFC tag it will launch GOOGLE MAPS, and Spotify and when get home tap the NFC tag to turn on the wifi if i forget to, turn it on and save my data. Will be getting this as well, however the Wallee m uses magnets on the case and mount and Magnets don't play well with NFC Tags. I'm still gonna copp both products and make some tradeoffs by taking the case off when i don't need it (Unless the case eliminates the interference with the NFC tags, I'll be in the green)

Just some pretty cool stuff i wanted to share with you guys. If any of you have something you'll like too recommend please drop that knowledge.

***EDIT***
Looks like the Walle M case probably won't have a problem with the NFC tags, cause the magnets are not on the case but the mount itself.
Got this from the Droid-life comments section.
I sent a message to the Kick starter group regarding the magnets and got a response:
StudioProper says:
Hi Asher,
Thanks for the message! To clarify, the magnets are in the accessories, not the phone case. We've been using the case with the magnetic mounts for a few months now with no noticeable issue at all.

WHITE ONE X OWNERS: your phone will have denim stains if you put it in your pocket and will be semi-permanent. Just a warning.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

WHITE ONE X OWNERS: your phone will have denim stains if you put it in your pocket and will be semi-permanent. Just a warning.

I saw the Reddit thread you're gathering that info from, the guy had it in his back pocket which doesn't have any lining protecting it from the denim. You'll be fine if you put it in your front pocket.

Back
Top Bottom