• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GS4 with the a 5.2 inch screen, power/volume buttons on the back, an LG logo and a really nice guest mode.
meh.
:smh:

so much dopeness...

bet money if it had a Samsung or apple logo, cats would be crapping in their pants...

Lg devices are underrated...

and that guest mode is :pimp:

whats so dope about it besides the guest mode and potentially the battery? (cause i dont remember what battery it has)

screen size to phone size ratio. same size as s4, but with more screen.

potential to have an even bigger screen if you get the bottom buttons tweaked

quick memo (better than samsungs version. I've tried both)

windows of different apps (better than Samsung's version)

volume and power buttons in differemt areas. don't know how dope this is. could be buns, could work really well.

guest mode is clutch, especially if you have kids that play on your phone, a nosey lover, or let people use your phone cuz they've never seen it and want to play on it.

iPhone had something similar with freezing the screen, but guess mode is a lot easier to get to.

battery life is stupid good. I had an optimus g pro... go check some of my screenshots early on.

screen clarity. I remember the optimus g was out around the s3... optimus g screen was kicking the s3, and iPhone 5s butt.

the optimus g last year looked like what an s4 looks like this year... so I can only imagine what this phone will look like...

I'm sure it will have all the IR stuff since the g pro came out months before the s4 and had it...

that's what is so dope about it.

Last edited:
guess different strokes because everything besides screen clarity, battery life & guest mode seem meh to me.
guess im just not hyped since i hoped for something better than a slightly improved gs4 hardware with even more gimmicky bloatware.

screen size to phone size ratio. same size as s4, but with more screen.

potential to have an even bigger screen if you get the bottom buttons tweaked

quick memo (better than samsungs version. I've tried both)

windows of different apps (better than Samsung's version)

volume and power buttons in differemt areas. don't know how dope this is. could be buns, could work really well.

guest mode is clutch, especially if you have kids that play on your phone, a nosey lover, or let people use your phone cuz they've never seen it and want to play on it.

iPhone had something similar with freezing the screen, but guess mode is a lot easier to get to.

battery life is stupid good. I had an optimus g pro... go check some of my screenshots early on.

screen clarity. I remember the optimus g was out around the s3... optimus g screen was kicking the s3, and iPhone 5s butt.

the optimus g last year looked like what an s4 looks like this year... so I can only imagine what this phone will look like...

I'm sure it will have all the IR stuff since the g pro came out months before the s4 and had it...

that's what is so dope about it.
All that said, what really sets this apart?  Remember how saturated the phone market is and what LG and all manufacturers are dealing with right now.  Most people already have a smartphone.  If you have an S3, One X, Note, etc, what would make you drop hundreds on this instead of the latest flagships of the other groups(S4, One, Note 2, Xperia Z)? Slightly slimmer bezel? Slightly different variant of TouchWiz UI?  A few tweaked apps?  A slightly better screen? (debatable) A little extra horsepower that wont even be noticed? Remember that, for valid reason or not, nobody is really checking for LG. LG needs to do something different. A different look, feel, something.  The G2 is not making a statement at all.  Just another device honestly. A few extra MHz aint gonna cut it nowadays.  If you took the logo off, most consumers would think that was a S4. 

Last edited:
guess different strokes because everything besides screen clarity, battery life & guest mode seem meh to me.
guess im just not hyped since i hoped for something better than a slightly improved gs4 hardware with even more gimmicky bloatware.
what were you expecting?

its not like the gs4 was revolutionary by any stretch...

let's keep it real... none of these phones are LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of the rest. its the nature of the business

if y'all are expecting something earth shattering, its not it... but what has been?

and i can guarantee you buying this phone off contract will be atleast $100 cheaper than an s4, and within a month of release, the price will be dropped from. $199 to $99 with 2 year commitments...

Last edited:
LG phones are highly underrated, shame people on here aren't giving them the time of day because of the brand.

[h1]LG G2 vs. the competition: flagship Android smartphones square off  Mobile[/h1]
By Jon Fingas  posted Aug 7th, 2013 at 11:27 AM230  

Now that the LG G2  is official, the battle between mid-2013 Android flagships is fully underway. But which wins the war? We've pitted the new smartphone against its biggest competitors in the US -- Samsung's Galaxy S 4, the HTC One  and the Motorola Moto X  -- to understand which device most deserves a place in your pocket.

Based purely on the spec sheet, the G2 is the frontrunner. Its larger 5.2-inch screen, quicker 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 and image-stabilized 13-megapixel rear camera will please those who want a media powerhouse. Its extra-large battery and 24-bit / 192KHz audio are also unique in a category where longevity and sound quality tend to play second fiddle. If all you want is the most technically capable device, look no further.

Yet each of the G2's competitors has an advantage that's harder to quantify. The GS4 has a full set of hardware nav keys (for those who prefer them), air gestures and a slightly tougher plastic build. The One claims superior low-light photography and dual speakers. And the Moto X partly makes up for its lackluster speed through design customization and helpful tricks like Touchless Control. To us, that puts LG in an awkward middle. While the G2's performance is almost beyond compare, many of its software features aren't all that unique -- those who aren't sold on its performance could easily be lured away.
[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""]LG G2[/th][th=""]Samsung Galaxy S 4[/th][th=""]HTC One[/th][th=""]Motorola Moto X[/th][/tr][tr][td]Starting price[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]$99 (Sprint, T-Mobile); $199 (AT&T, Verizon)[/td][td]$99 (T-Mobile); $199 (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon)[/td][td]$199[/td][/tr][tr][td]Known Dimensions[/td][td]5.45 x 2.79 x 0.35 inches (138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm)[/td][td]5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 inches (136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm)[/td][td]5.41 x 2.69 x 0.37 inches (137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm)[/td][td]5.09 x 2.57 x 0.41 inches (129.3 x 65.3 x 10.4 mm)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td][td]4.94 oz. (140g)[/td][td]4.59 oz. (130g)[/td][td]5.04 oz. (143g)[/td][td]4.59 oz. (130g)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen size[/td][td]5.2 inches[/td][td]5.0 inches[/td][td]4.7 inches[/td][td]4.7 inches[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen resolution[/td][td]1,920 x 1,080 pixels (423ppi)[/td][td]1,920 x 1,080 pixels (441ppi)[/td][td]1,920 x 1,080 pixels(468ppi)[/td][td]1,280 x 720 pixels (312ppi)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen type[/td][td]IPS[/td][td]Super AMOLED Full HD[/td][td]S-LCD3[/td][td]AMOLED[/td][/tr][tr][td]Battery[/td][td]3,000mAh (2,610mAh in Korea)[/td][td]2,600mAh (user removable)[/td][td]2,300mAh (non-removable)[/td][td]2,200mAh (non-removable)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Internal storage[/td][td]16 / 32GB[/td][td]16 / 32 / 64GB[/td][td]32 / 64GB[/td][td]16 / 32GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]External storage[/td][td]microSD (Korea only)[/td][td]microSDXC[/td][td]None[/td][td]None[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rear camera[/td][td]13MP, LED flash, OIS[/td][td]13MP, LED flash[/td][td]4MP, LED flash, Ultrapixel, OIS[/td][td]10.5MP, LED flash, Clear Pixel[/td][/tr][tr][td]Front-facing cam[/td][td]2.1MP[/td][td]2MP[/td][td]2.1MP[/td][td]2MP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video capture[/td][td]1080p[/td][td]1080p[/td][td]1080p[/td][td]1080p[/td][/tr][tr][td]NFC[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wireless charging[/td][td]No[/td][td]Optional[/td][td]No[/td][td]No[/td][/tr][tr][td]Radios[/td][td]
CDMA, EV-DO, GSM, DC-HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A

(access varies by carrier)
[/td][td]
CDMA, EV-DO, GSM, DC-HSPA+, LTE, LTE-A

[/td][td]
CDMA, EV-DO, GSM, DC-HSPA+, LTE

[/td][td]
CDMA, EV-DO, GSM, DC-HSPA+, LTE

[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth[/td][td]v4.0[/td][td]
v4.0
[/td][td]v4.0[/td][td]v4.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]SoC[/td][td]2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800[/td][td]1.9GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600[/td][td]1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600[/td][td]1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro[/td][/tr][tr][td]GPU[/td][td]Adreno 330[/td][td]Adreno 320[/td][td]Adreno 320[/td][td]Adreno 320[/td][/tr][tr][td]RAM[/td][td]2GB[/td][td]2GB[/td][td]2GB[/td][td]2GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]MHL/Slimport[/td][td]Slimport[/td][td]MHL[/td][td]MHL[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]WiFi[/td][td]802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, dual-band[/td][td]802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, dual-band[/td][td]802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, dual-band[/td][td]802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, dual-band[/td][/tr][tr][td]Operating system[/td][td]Android 4.2.2[/td][td]Android 4.2.2[/td][td]Android 4.2.2[/td][td]Android 4.2.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Standout features[/td][td]HQ audio, OIS, Guest Mode, Slide Aside, QuickRemote, Hi-fi audio[/td][td]Air gestures, Group Play, WatchON[/td][td]Ultrapixel camera, Zoe, BoomSound, BlinkFeed[/td][td]Active Display, Quick Capture, Touchless Control, design customization[/td][/tr][/table]​

Last edited:
what were you expecting?

its not like the gs4 was revolutionary by any stretch...

which is why i was hoping lg would bring something different to the table rather than just do small improvements on a device that was already designed as a small improvement to the gs3.
this g2 is just something most people will forget once the note 3 & sammy's marketing machine come out to play in the next coming months.
------------------
i seriously wish these manufacturers would stop skimping on storage. i know it'll fall on deaf ears here but still :smh:

LG phones are highly underrated, shame people on here aren't giving them the time of day because of the brand.
They arent underrated at all. We all recognize that this is a great device.  I think everyone realizes that this is the most powerful phone out right now.  But guess what....In less than a month....It wont be. Thats the nature of the market now. Then what will it have?  After Sept when HTC, Sony, and Samsung drop their mid-cycle SuperPhones, and we already know Apple is coming with the 5s, will this G2 stand out in the pack? The One still will. The S4 still will. The Lumina, even though Windows Phone isnt popular, will. The iPhone will. Even the Note 2 STILL will. Shoot, LG's greatest phone yet, the Nexus 4 still will. But this?

Example.  Spec wise, the G Pro KILLS the Note 2.  But  after the slight hooplah over the specs, it still flopped and the Note 2 still reigned king of that segment. Not because it offered the market leading specs, but a better experience. (S-Pen, guestures, motion).  Even though the GPro was crazy spec wise, Note owners werent rushing to jump ship.  

Top of the line specs can only take you so far.    HTC realized this, and dropped the One, which took loyalists from Samsung and even Apple.  When will LG realize this and drop something that will stand out more than 2 weeks?  Because if LG's goal is to capture market share in this already saturated market, (which it is), this aint gonna do it 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Great post. If the phone had an aluminum unibody design , totally new skin that doesn't look like a touchwiz ripoff, and a brand new killer software feature that we haven't seen on a smartphone before that they can market their phone around they could have sustained success this year. Unfortunately without those things after the Note 3 , One Max, Nexus 5 drop NOBODY is gonna be checking for this device . Its a great device but the truth is that its just a holdover until the big boys drop

They arent underrated at all. We all recognize that this is a great device.  I think everyone realizes that this is the most powerful phone out right now.  But guess what....In less than a month....It wont be. Thats the nature of the market now. Then what will it have?  After Sept when HTC, Sony, and Samsung drop their mid-cycle SuperPhones, and we already know Apple is coming with the 5s, will this G2 stand out in the pack? The One still will. The S4 still will. The Lumina, even though Windows Phone isnt popular, will. The iPhone will. Even the Note 2 STILL will. Shoot, LG's greatest phone yet, the Nexus 4 still will. But this?

Example.  Spec wise, the G Pro KILLS the Note 2.  But  after the slight hooplah over the specs, it still flopped and the Note 2 still reigned king of that segment. Not because it offered the market leading specs, but a better experience. (S-Pen, guestures, motion).  Even though the GPro was crazy spec wise, Note owners werent rushing to jump ship.  

Top of the line specs can only take you so far.

HTC realized this, and dropped the One, which took loyalists from Samsung and even Apple.  When will LG realize this and drop something that will stand out more than 2 weeks?  Because if LG's goal is to capture market share in this already saturated market, (which it is), this aint gonna do it 
laugh.gif

:lol: that's kind of flawed.

1. the g pro came out AFTER the note 2...
2. the note was the first NATIONAL mega phone. before then, mega phones weren't getting love
3. the experience is almost identical. I used the g pro and note 2 for 3+ weeks e piece.

Samsung is fashionable. its cool to have a Samsung galaxy just like it used to be cool to have an iPhone.

again, a large segment of the buyers aren't gaga over specs. the name brand brings most of the sales to the table...

flip the branding and the release dates... g pro would have have KILLED the note 2... instead of the other way around.

HTC realized this, and dropped the One, which took loyalists from Samsung and even Apple.  When will LG realize this and drop something that will stand out more than 2 weeks?  Because if LG's goal is to capture market share in this already saturated market, (which it is), this aint gonna do it 
laugh.gif

this is why i respect the moto x, especially after reading the moto engineer's response to all the criticism (read over at droid life, he made really valid points).

at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter if your phone has the fastest beefiest tect, with 1001 features. im sure the g2 is a great device, they essentially are doing the same thing the s4 is doing. latest and greatest with every feature u can think of. cool. but if the phone focuses on usabilty for everyday without lag, and with satisfying battery life, i think that makes for a solid device.

i mean, to each his own. but im honestly, never going to use 90% of the stuff they pack into phones these days. idc if the phone has 8 cores (if laptops can still get along fine with out that many today, i don't see why a phone couldn't do the same.)

people forget that iOS only runs on 512mb of RAM. on a 1.3 or so dual core. and it runs fast. that just screams efficient software design from an engineer's perspective (not to mention apple's PCB design is awesome as it lets the battery take up most of the phone).

so when i read about the approach they took with the moto x, and then all the subsequent great reviews, i respect it. and hopefully i can grab one in a couple weeks.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
that's kind of flawed.

1. the g pro came out AFTER the note 2...
2. the note was the first NATIONAL mega phone. before then, mega phones weren't getting love
3. the experience is almost identical. I used the g pro and note 2 for 3+ weeks e piece.

Samsung is fashionable. its cool to have a Samsung galaxy just like it used to be cool to have an iPhone.

again, a large segment of the buyers aren't gaga over specs. the name brand brings most of the sales to the table...

flip the branding and the release dates... g pro would have have KILLED the note 2... instead of the other way around.
Nah its not flawed.  The point WAS that the G2 came out after the Note 2. But people were still buying Note 2 after Note 2 when there was a clearly higher spec'd phone in the category.  And for your last point,  thats the whole point i am trying to present.  The experience is "Almost Identical".  No one is jumping ship to a device that's experience is "Almost Identical" to the one they already have.  The G Pro offered better specs, but even still they added nothing experience wise that would cause someone to deviate from Samsung.

No matter how we feel about it, yes branding is everything.  That is because the market is saturated.  Most people that are going to get a smartphone, atleast in the large markets, (North America, Eurpope, etc.) already have one.  The potential for growth now is basically other companies' customers.  A phone that is a slighly better S4, is not going to get a Samsung loyalist to jump to the G2.  A phone that has a exclusive design and features like the One series will.  Your average consumer cant tell you how many GHz their phone is clocked at, but they can tell you that they have Air Gestures, BoomSound Speakers, a 41 Megapixel Camera, an S-Pen, a 4 UltraPixel Camera, a beautiful Aluminum Unibody, iMessage, Facetime, etc.  What can this G2 add to that conversation besides specs? Guest mode
laugh.gif
? Buttons on the back? Slim bezels?  In this saturated market, being just as good or slightly better is not good enough.  You have to stand out to sell.  As you can see, all Apple and Sammy have to do is to keep their usual train rolling now to keep customers and get new ones.  These other companies have to differentiate and jump way ahead of the pack.  HTC has realized this, which is why the One gets so much love after they were pretty much written off.  LG wont because they dont know how to offer anything notable or different besides the best specs.

As I asked before, what will make this phone relevant after these companies show their hands in September?

Last edited:
I just got the Nexus 7 2. Can someone tell me a site where I download custom fonts so I can use with UCCW?

Would you guys still recommend a N4 over current smartphones including the iPhone 5 and high end MS devices?

The Android platform is really bad for people like me. There is just too much heat dropping a few times every other quarter :lol:

I keep getting an error when trying to updated and/or download certain apps in the play store. What gives. :smh:

Getting "package file is invalid," error.

On the S4 if that matters.

I keep getting an error when trying to updated and/or download certain apps in the play store. What gives. :smh:

Getting "package file is invalid," error.

On the S4 if that matters.

The newest version of Google Play (build 4.3.10) is apparently causing a number of problems for users who are trying to update apps. Both our comments and a variety of forum threads are filled with readers who are receiving a “Package file is invalid” error during updates. The error isn’t showing for all apps, nor have we been able to figure out a pattern. At times, the error presents itself with Google apps, while at other times they update fine. We’re also seeing the error for non-Google apps, but again, it’s tough to figure out why and when it will happen.

Feel free to weigh in if you are having any issues with 4.3.10.

As soon as we know a fix or hear something official, we’ll be sure to pass it along.

Update: This is not guaranteed to fix you, but some have had success by going into Settings>Apps, clearing cache or data on Google Play Services, and then restarting their phones.

Update 2: Some users are reporting that the issue showed up before the 4.3.10 update, so it could just be a general Play store issue.

Can anyone recommend a clock for my LS on my htc one currently using widget locker.

Also how do you setup custom toggles?

Back
Top Bottom