VZW brings back Unlimited Data

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/12/14592822/verizon-unlimited-data-plan-announced-2017

The plan will cost $80 for an individual line or $45 for each line on a four-line family plan. Those prices are described as “introductory” and require both paperless billing and AutoPay to be enabled. Customers will get full LTE speeds until they reach 22GB of usage, after which they’ll be subject to reduced data speeds and de-prioritization.

Hotspot tethering — up to 10GB at LTE speeds — is included, as are calls and texts to Mexico and Canada. Verizon Unlimited also allows for 500MB-per-day roaming in those countries, and you can pay $10 for a 500MB LTE TravelPass elsewhere in the world. The carrier isn't completely moving away from “bucketed” data plans and will continue offering 5 GB, S, M, and L options to subscribers who don't use large sums of data each month.

Starting today :smokin will have to inquire and see what the final price would be on my bill.

Last edited:
cool, but @ $80 per month? i dont know many people who can afford that...

I should have asked in the original post - how does that price compare to other providers? $80 is real steep.

Last edited:
I should have asked in the original post - how does that price compare to other providers? $80 is real steep.
ATT is a hundro, per month with $40 per line, and Sprint is $70, T Mobile is $70...at least from my research (could be wrong), its all expensive 

ATT is a hundro, per month with $40 per line, and Sprint is $70, T Mobile is $70...at least from my research (could be wrong), its all expensive 

yea $80 is steep just 2 lines is easily $160 not counting tax or if you financed your iPhone. Easily a $200 bill a month. More than some people paying on their auto loan. :smh:

Grandfathered Verizon since 09. Crazy how they took it away then brought it back now charging a arm and leg. I'm a data hog, dunno how I could function on a capped plan.

Grandfathered Verizon since 09. Crazy how they took it away then brought it back now charging a arm and leg. I'm a data hog, dunno how I could function on a capped plan.
you dont need unlimited data, almost no one does

you just dont want to adjust your practices

this is coming from someone who consistantly used 100gb back in 09

$80 of unlimited on Verizon's network is an amazing buy.

Only drawback is CDMA technology.

ATT gonna be right behind them, and I'm going to jump on it day one before they figure the kinks out

Last edited:
T-Mobile put em under pressure :pimp:

Came in here to say this. Cats laughed at Tmobile for gettin rid of subsidies, then everyone did it. They scoffed at them w/ BingeOn and Music Freedom, now cats have their own version, Now Tmo gives you unlimited data AND no taxes on the Tmobile One plan. Only thing holding Tmo back at this point is capital. Verizon got the old money so they still win.

$80 is steep but manageable if you're not financing a phone.

I'm not paying $80. That's about how much my bill with verizon is right now. The data carries over now so i'll be good.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for T-Mobile none of this would have happened. So we do have to thank them. And I pay $100 for AT&T unlimited but have a 25% discount so I'm good.

Eff Verizon i had a droid turbo 2, i broke it back in December...verizon made me pay 600 to get a new phone..once my contract was up they still wouldn't let me upgrade and ive been with them since 2010...paid my bills on time..so i decided to switch to sprint..which is cool because i have unlimited data but my service is terrible...if im not using wifi i barely get service at home

Eff Verizon i had a droid turbo 2, i broke it back in December...verizon made me pay 600 to get a new phone..once my contract was up they still wouldn't let me upgrade and ive been with them since 2010...paid my bills on time..so i decided to switch to sprint..which is cool because i have unlimited data but my service is terrible...if im not using wifi i barely get service at home
incorrect. lol

you could have gotten a phone anywhere b

paying 600 for a droid turbo :lol:

L

sry to laugh at your misfortune but just port back or to att papi

I have a personal Sprint phone, and a company Verizon phone and I can almost garuntee I travel more than 95% of the people on this board and I have no issues with Sprint.

Honestly, I sometimes have better service on my Sprint phone than my Verizon phone and I don't know how that's possible when Verizon has the most coverage overall and is recognized as the best provider with the best service, but costs the most of everyone else.

I'm on Sprint SERO so my bill is cheap. It might also hae to do with the fact that my Sprint phone is a Galaxy S7 and my company phone is like a lower model light blue iphone 4s or 5 or something but not the top of the line one.

I used to never use more than 200mb of data on a monthly basis with my phone but the past 2-3 months I've been noticing my data says I'm using 30-50GB of data and I don't know how that is possible. I mean yeah I look at a lot of stuff on youtube and worldstar on my phone now because my Macbook is slow now (2008) but when I do it's on my home wifi network so I'm not sure how using all of that data is possible.

I think someone might be like using my data or something because I don't see how that is possible. Even on the samsung health thing it's saying my data usage is excessive and youtube is garnering more then 20GB per cycle.

Cricket wireless is $70

Im with T-Mobile, but if i was going to switch, it'll probably be with Cricket, there service aint bad at all.

View media item 2321424
I work for the company, if ya have any questions, feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom