Wake up people vol. *+@# can get real ugly real fast

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

Well NYC is safe since most it's buildings are fallout shelters.

But if we go to war with north Korea, no doubt china has their back.

Elaborate please?

Im going to build a bomb proof safe house right now.

laugh.gif

Actually, all of my close Vietnamese/Japanese friends tell me that China, Japan, North & South Korea, Vietnam, etc are some of the most hateful people onearth towards each other.

roll.gif
smh.gif
@ Hurry up and buy comment.

Lol Michigan is so insignificant that it aint even no where near NK's radar.
smh.gif
jp

But the thing is I always wonder about these things because u never know when it could happen to u

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Elaborate please?

well a good fallout Shelter has to be atleast 10 floors and stay in the middle floor which is 5th floor. Most apartment buildings are 5 floors and up. Alsomost buildings have basements underground. And some have two floors underground.

Lets make some assumption about this North Korea issue,

one the US has Ohio class SSBNs in the Western Pacific ready to launch on command
North Korea does not have ICBMs just yet so they can't reach the Western seaboard most they can do is hit Hawaii and that is at best.
North Korea's nuclear capacity could theoretically be taken out in a precision preemptive strike with cruise missiles
North Korea's saber rattling is threatening the whole Pacific Rim so China is unlikely ally given that China has agreed to sanction them for continuednuclear testing.

The North Korean dictator Kim Sung Ill is not in the best of health this seems like a good opportunity to posture himself to his people to ensure when he diestransfer of power to his son, who is already appointed to succeed him.

All in all, North Korea recent behavior is nothing more than saber rattling and those statements may make the dictator look good to his people but, are emptygiven they do not have the capacity or enough material to do what He says they want to. Especially knowing the response from the, US will be more than they canimagine, this is an extremely dangerous and volatile political posturing on their part.

i was wondering why nobody made a post about this yet.yea this is serious,i dont expect this to turn out good in any way.

A lot of us are convinced that N. Korea doesn't have an ICBM. Let's be reminded that none of us have sat through an intel briefing to verify such anassertion.

The Japanese didn't know about the atomic bomb now did they?

Originally Posted by solesavage

I love when people say "wake up".....wake up and what? Panic? LOL

exactly. seriously, wut the +#*% can we do about it? if our government or the UN decides to search their ships theres nothing we can do about it. we electedthe government to make the right decisions and take our interests as the #1 priority. The US has enough nukes to destroy the world 150+ times, I highly doubtthat they can beat us...our army game is right

Thing is, NK has been making these kind of threats for a while now. This isn't really new. I also don't think the US will test them.

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

Originally Posted by solesavage

I love when people say "wake up".....wake up and what? Panic? LOL

exactly. seriously, wut the +#*% can we do about it? if our government or the UN decides to search their ships theres nothing we can do about it. we elected the government to make the right decisions and take our interests as the #1 priority. The US has enough nukes to destroy the world 150+ times, I highly doubt that they can beat us...our army game is right

Have you thought about the ramifications associated with the US being involved in 3 wars at once?

Elaborate please?

well a good fallout Shelter has to be atleast 10 floors and stay in the middle floor which is 5th floor. Most apartment buildings are 5 floors and up. Also most buildings have basements underground. And some have two floors underground.

heavi
pimp.gif

but whats that thing thats in the bottom of the bridge that connects The BX and Wash Heights. I always saw as a shelter for some reason.

mad.gif
when the project elevators broke

Originally Posted by iBlink

A lot of us are convinced that N. Korea doesn't have an ICBM. Let's be reminded that none of us have sat through an intel briefing to verify such an assertion.

The Japanese didn't know about the atomic bomb now did they

Let assume they do have ICBMs, The US Intelligence Agencies have satellites probably monitoring Korea on aconstant basis, looking for missile and nuclear activity, if they do have ICBMs the intelligence community would be aware by now. As with any missile threat, acontingency plan would have likely been developed to take them out in a preemptive strike should they deem it necessary?

The Yongbyon reactor has probably produced enough weapons grade plutonium (about 45 kilograms from spent fuelrods) for a few weapons in the 4-7 megaton range much smaller in scope to the weapons used in Japan in April 1945, about 21 megaton for FatMan and 15 megatonfor LittleBoy. By comparison to W87 warhead MIRV (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicle) carried by US SLBM Trident II carried currently by our Ohio class SSBNswith 100 megatons a Trident II SLBM can be equiped with 12 W87 MIRV (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicle) so that 1200 megaton per missle an Ohio class boomercarries 24 missles that 28,800 megaton in a single sub! About 4-5 subs are probably on patrol in the pacific theater so that about 155,200 megaton of forcethat the US can throw up at any given time. compare that to maybe 30 megaton of the entire north korean nuclear arsenal and you can see why the North Korean donot consitute a real missile threat to the US.
roll.gif

Assuming they have ICBMS that are more advanced than the Taepodong 2 types tested in June and April. And theycan arm the few ICBMs they have with the few 4-7 megaton warheads. Assuming that those ICBMS can launch over the North Pole, they could at best do damage to afew American cities, that is assuming that the missiles do not crash on their destinations as they have done in testing. That's a lot of assumption to beconsidered a legitimate missile threat with few hard facts, it would be 2003 all over again I'm sure conservatives will remember the bitter taste of"Weapons of Mass Destruction" paraded by the Bush White House as reasons for the Invasion of Iraq in 2003. Fact one Trident II SLBM launched from anOhio class boomer in the Pacific contains enough W-87 MIRVs to wipe the People's Republic of North Korea off the face of the map!
eek.gif

Though I wouldn't not take the threat seriously, The North Korean ICBM threat in reality is a paper tigerthat can be dealt with rather swiftly should they be foolish enough to even think of launching. The bigger concern is North Korean Nuclear and Missileproliferation to rogue states or groups. This talk by conservatives of a North Korean missile threat is not backedfactually very well.

Elaborate please?
FalloutShelterSignLarge.gif

these are all over da hood.

Back
Top Bottom