Warehouse Worker

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

having a college degree ftw
hahahaha whats that got to do with anything?

my first gig out of college had some time in the warehouse.  it was brutal working in 100+ degree heat in the dead of summer.  im not cut out for that.

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

having a college degree ftw
hahahaha whats that got to do with anything?

my first gig out of college had some time in the warehouse.  it was brutal working in 100+ degree heat in the dead of summer.  im not cut out for that.

Originally Posted by natrix916

Which station did you work at, Playoff12?

I worked at the one by Greenspoint Mall in Houston. I hate that place.
laugh.gif

I always enjoyed my warehouse jobs. They are usually tiring, but keep you occupied so the day goes by fast. I like that you don't have to deal with the public and can show up in any kind of mood. The physical part is like getting paid to work out is how I viewed it. When i graduate next year I want to work in warehouse management or distribution management.

I always enjoyed my warehouse jobs. They are usually tiring, but keep you occupied so the day goes by fast. I like that you don't have to deal with the public and can show up in any kind of mood. The physical part is like getting paid to work out is how I viewed it. When i graduate next year I want to work in warehouse management or distribution management.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm a manager of a warehouse in the bay area... personally I like it.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]what they said about heat and and the cold is true, it goes to extremes. But seeing as i like heat -> extreme heat i'm good on that home front. I only have to deal with winters.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A lot of heavy work, walking, moving around, inventory, etc etc etc. But it's just one big workout for me. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Plus i crank the music and we get it poppin. I keep it a great work environment and everyone has a good time. the office rats will come in too to chill in here for awhile too.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]somehow when i started i became the office psychiatrist.... don't know how that happened, but that's beyond the point.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you are always someone on the go, you workout often, and can do work. warehouse isn't so bad. The thing i would say to you is, make sure there is room for movement up the ladder, that's what's most important imo. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm a manager of a warehouse in the bay area... personally I like it.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]what they said about heat and and the cold is true, it goes to extremes. But seeing as i like heat -> extreme heat i'm good on that home front. I only have to deal with winters.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]A lot of heavy work, walking, moving around, inventory, etc etc etc. But it's just one big workout for me. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Plus i crank the music and we get it poppin. I keep it a great work environment and everyone has a good time. the office rats will come in too to chill in here for awhile too.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]somehow when i started i became the office psychiatrist.... don't know how that happened, but that's beyond the point.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you are always someone on the go, you workout often, and can do work. warehouse isn't so bad. The thing i would say to you is, make sure there is room for movement up the ladder, that's what's most important imo. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]we actually should be soon. We are located in Hayward.... when i get the word i'll post it on NT.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]we actually should be soon. We are located in Hayward.... when i get the word i'll post it on NT.[/color]

Originally Posted by im that one

I want to work with ya'll

I want to work with ya'll

great money, hellishly hot on the inside unless its a freezer job which means its super cold obviously, pretty much everyone acts like they are better then you including your fellow floor workers and hire ups...but GREAT money

great money, hellishly hot on the inside unless its a freezer job which means its super cold obviously, pretty much everyone acts like they are better then you including your fellow floor workers and hire ups...but GREAT money

I've done it a few times in South Carolina. The Summer time is brutal, Winter time is Artic conditions, but your body gets used to it. If you have cool co-workers, time flies. I used it as a way to workout when I wasn't in the gym.

I've done it a few times in South Carolina. The Summer time is brutal, Winter time is Artic conditions, but your body gets used to it. If you have cool co-workers, time flies. I used it as a way to workout when I wasn't in the gym.

laugh.gif
I stay in Hayward. You guys wouldn't happen to be looking for only summer workers, would you?

laugh.gif
I stay in Hayward. You guys wouldn't happen to be looking for only summer workers, would you?

Back
Top Bottom