WARREN BUFFET: The economy is in shambles; no signs of recovery yet....

In a live interview on CNBC today, Warren Buffett said there has been little progress over the past few months in the "economic war"being fought by the country. "We haven't got the economy moving yet," he told Becky Quick.

While the economy is a "shambles" and likely to stay that way for some time, he remains optimistic there will eventually be a recovery over a periodof years.
BECKY: The last time we sat down to talk to you was on May 4, and at that point you told us that you think we're in an economic war right now. How much progress do you think we've made in that war?

BUFFETT: Well, it's been pretty flat. I get figures on 70-odd businesses, a lot of them daily. Everything that I see about the economy is that we've had no bounce. The financial system was really where the crisis was last September and October, and that's been surmounted and that's enormously important. But in terms of the economy coming back, it takes a while. There were a lot of excesses to be wrung out and that process is still underway and it looks to me like it will be underway for quite a while. In the (Berkshire Hathaway) annual report I said the economy would be in a shambles this year and probably well beyond. I'm afraid that's true.

nvm
smh.gif

It doesn't matter what president would of came in though (between McCain and Obama). But you know that.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

With the mess Bush put us threw what does everyone expect
smh.gif
I would argue Clinton's Administration sparked the housing market crash which spearheaded our current financial position.

Originally Posted by dlsilva21

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

With the mess Bush put us threw what does everyone expect
smh.gif
I would argue Clinton's Administration sparked the housing market crash which spearheaded our current financial position.
Yup.

Obama is not doing the greatest job right now IMO but he's not responsible for the economic woes either.

[TBone]YES! a guy who supported Obama said the economy has no sign of recovery yet.. So I'ma go to NT and make a thread about it and SAY SEELOOK AT THIS Obama failed.[/TBone]

You are at a 10 turn it to a 2.

Blame for the current economic crisis (not in this order); Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Greenspan, Geithner, Sommers, Bush 2, Pulsin, Real Estate Agencies, LocalBanks, National Banks, International Banks, Execs. CEO's, Bankers, AMERICA.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

In a live interview on CNBC today, Warren Buffett said there has been little progress over the past few months in the "economic war" being fought by the country. "We haven't got the economy moving yet," he told Becky Quick.

While the economy is a "shambles" and likely to stay that way for some time, he remains optimistic there will eventually be a recovery over a period of years.
BECKY: The last time we sat down to talk to you was on May 4, and at that point you told us that you think we're in an economic war right now. How much progress do you think we've made in that war?

BUFFETT: Well, it's been pretty flat. I get figures on 70-odd businesses, a lot of them daily. Everything that I see about the economy is that we've had no bounce. The financial system was really where the crisis was last September and October, and that's been surmounted and that's enormously important. But in terms of the economy coming back, it takes a while. There were a lot of excesses to be wrung out and that process is still underway and it looks to me like it will be underway for quite a while. In the (Berkshire Hathaway) annual report I said the economy would be in a shambles this year and probably well beyond. I'm afraid that's true.

The point of this thread is....?????

Originally Posted by rickybadman

OH CRAP OBAMA FAILED US, WE SHOULD IMPEACH HIM, HE IS CLEARLY DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY...............this that the response were looking for dude, oh damn I almost forgot to throw in some these to look cool
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SONNNED
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In a live interview on CNBC today, Warren Buffett said there has been little progress over the past few months in the "economic war" being fought by the country. "We haven't got the economy moving yet," he told Becky Quick.

While the economy is a "shambles" and likely to stay that way for some time, he remains optimistic there will eventually be a recovery over a period of years.

You needed Warren Buffet to tell you this?
eyes.gif

the fact that people WANT this guy to fail and are waiting for their chance to say "i told you so" is just so sad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by rickybadman

OH CRAP OBAMA FAILED US, WE SHOULD IMPEACH HIM, HE IS CLEARLY DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY...............this that the response were looking for dude, oh damn I almost forgot to throw in some these to look cool
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SONNNED
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DON'T BE TALKING ABOUT THE COUNTRY THAT WE LOVE LIKE THAT. WE BUILT THIS COUNTRY ON MORAL PRINCIPLES, LIBERTY......BLAHBLAHBLAH

DID I MENTION I LOVE THE RED/WHITE/BLUE?

There were a lot of excesses to be wrung out and that process is still underway and it looks to me like it will be underway for quite a while. In the (Berkshire Hathaway) annual report I said the economy would be in a shambles this year and probably well beyond. I'm afraid that's true.

Just read that to yourself over TBone.

Back
Top Bottom