Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/4/2/4173916/wizards-goal-for-the-season-9th-place

I think its a good goal. A great goal really

But I dont think you tell the media about it... asking to get clowned

oh well

LET THE BATTLE FOR THE BEST NON PLAYOFF TEAM BEGIN!

at this point im glad we are striving for something

though it may not be achievable, at least we have them scheduled the 12

Glad John is stringing together great games, Shuttlesworth is right an all star is gonna be in DC next season :smokin

That clown Shoes will be owing me $1,000 next year.

The terms of the bet were that Wall would be an All-Star next year if he and Beal miss less than 5 games before the All-Star break. The Wizards will also make the playoffs as well if these terms hold true.

Still no luck finding this damn Wall or Beal Authentic.....No mall, teamstore, etc. has them....not even NBA.com, which is where I used to buy some back in the day day.

Anyone?

After last game I was thinking they should have shut him down anyways, before I even heard about this news.

According to twitter, apparently the injury in his right fibula came from overcompensating for his left ankle, which makes sense. Whenever I've rolled my ankle I tend to lean on the other leg a little bit more, and of course running around like that isn't good.

Another injury adeptly

managed by our renowned training staff.  
lol what do you mean I feel this was just brought on by his style of play, I've seen dude take some hard falls this season

At least Nene returned last game D
Bottom line: he came back too early.  It's enough of an adjustment for rookies to get used to the frequency and intensity of NBA basketball to begin with.  Just because a player says he's ready doesn't mean it's a good idea to let him go.  Most competitive players worth a damn will play hurt if permitted.  (And haven't Washington's other sports franchises proven that enough of late?)  

Players want to play.  That doesn't mean it's in their best interest or the best interest of the organization - especially when you're only playing for pride.  Look at what happened to Bynum.  Screw up one knee... try to compensate with the other knee... now both your knees are shot.  Beal should've been held out until he returned to full strength.  He wasn't, and now we have an even larger problem to deal with.  This is not a guy who's constantly attacking the basket, either.  I'm not ready to call these chronic injuries, since he's been busy exploring the "6 million ways to the DL" by suffering everything from wrist injuries to concussions, but, come on, learn the damned lesson. 

If management isn't careful, this could easily become a Steph Curry situation.  (I don't even want to mention Arenas... but we all know he came back too early, too, and look where that got him.) 

Even without Beal, this team has already been plagued with injury problems from top to bottom.  I really don't want to add Beal to the ever-growing list of Wizards who can't be counted on to play over 50 games next season.  This is a sixth to eighth place team when healthy.  We've seen what happens when they're all injured, and it's not pretty.

^Agreed, Meth. I thought Beal should have been shut down a while ago. He was clearly hurt and limping around that entire Bulls game, he shouldn't have been on the court.

Cavs had no problem shutting down Waiters. And they are closely monitoring Irving to where if his shoulder looks even slightly off they'll pull him immediately.

I mean seriously......what were the Wizards playing for, 9th place? Let the man rest and come back in the Summer if needed. No excuse to get injured at the end of the year when you are not in contention. That is just..........Wizardry.

I mean seriously......what were the Wizards playing for, 9th place? Let the man rest and come back in the Summer if needed. No excuse to get injured at the end of the year when you are not in contention. That is just..........Wizardry.
Actually, yes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...fficially-dashed-wizards-aim-for-ninth-place/

"That's kind of what we've talked the last three weeks. There's different ways to keep motivation. I want these guys to think that this is still a playoff race," [Randy] Wittman said as the Wizards prepare to host the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday at Verizon Center. "I think if we could to that, it would be a hell of an accomplishment for these guys, to be 4-28 with all the injuries we had to miss the playoffs by one spot."

“We want to finish this season strong, try and get 32, 33 wins,” Martell Webster said. “It’s possible…We’re playing for something that’s bigger than just nine games left. Fighting for that ninth spot because for us, that’s fuel for next year. I’m just smiling because this game is a gift. It’s not going to last very long. So I’m going to make the most of it.”

“That’s what I want them to focus on,” Wittman said. “It’s going to be tough, we’re down three with nine to play. But you might face that next year, whether it’s to get into the playoffs, to secure home court, secure the sixth spot. We’re going to face that at some point. I want them to look at the games in that manner. I’ve got to analyze who can do it and who can’t, too. This is important for us. That’s how the end of season games become when you’re in the thick of things.”

I don't agree with guys trying to play through injuries, but other than that I like the change in mindset and the fact that we are not tanking. It's time for the team to show some pride and start thinking of themselves as winners and not perennial losers. I'm tired of worrying about ping pong balls and our position in the lottery. From the players all the way to management we need to start a culture change right now.

Actually, yes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...fficially-dashed-wizards-aim-for-ninth-place/

I don't agree with guys trying to play through injuries, but other than that I like the change in mindset and the fact that we are not tanking. It's time for the team to show some pride and start thinking of themselves as winners and not perennial losers. I'm tired of worrying about ping pong balls and our position in the lottery. From the players all the way to management we need to start a culture change right now.

And it's happening.

Not for nothing, but this is the most proud (and optimistic) I've been about a Wizards team in their existence. No matter what people thought about the big-3 back in the day, the future for this current team is much brighter. Next year, I fully EXPECT this team to be over .500 and in the playoffs.

These were basically my exact thoughts......we aren't in contention for anything....and if Beal has proven anything this year its that he has potential be a great player for us....so why not be overly cautious with him....its not like he is fighting for a roster spot and needs to play through injury to prove anything...he has already done that.

:smh: hope he heals up. Looking forward t next year :pimp:

I concur with the culture change, I just didn't want to see Bradley go down.....as he has had a few nasty spills this year. The 82 game grind of the NBA is far more strenuous than the 30+ game college season (which is spread out as well).

Anyways, I've enjoyed the banter and discourse in here as usual throughout the year.....we've had our ups (Wall's Return, Beal's GWs, Webster shooting lights out (MJ Shrug, Wall's 47 point gem) and our downs (terrible start, losing to the pistons/bobcats like it's our job, the baffling OT/last second blunders early on), but it's been a fun ride this season.

Hope to do it again next year.....and into April/May.

Randy WIttman :x :smh:

Coaching Record
99-00 - 32-50
00-01 - 20-52
06-07 - 12-30
07-08 - 22-60
08-09 - 4-15
11-12 - 18-31
12-13 - 0-12

Absurd.

And this statue will continue to be employed as a top assistant after he is fired in a few weeks continuing the country club culture of NBA coaching :smh:

Feel for you Wizards fans even though Wittman is obviously only but one of many problems.

Really searched deep for this specific post

Do you guys feel we should really keep him moving forward?

I feel as we should finally got us playing the right way plus continuity is key

Outside of George Karl, Thibs, Pop, Phil, Doc, etc......it really is a players run league. Your team is as good as the talent you put out there. Randall Whitman didn't have much to work with in the beginning of the year, but it is good to see them start gelling somewhat.

Get rid of Ted and Ernie first......do it before the draft too.

I think he's grown with the team. I have no problem with the Wizards retaining Wittman. Defensively, he's coached them up very well. Obviously, there are things that he needs to work on (rotations, etc.) but I've been very pleased with how the team has responded to his coaching. On top of it all, the guys absolutely love him. He got ringing endorsements from John Wall and Nene going into this year, and I can't imagine that they don't feel stronger about him going forward.

If this doesn't sum up the Wizards organization, nothing does: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...dcc81c-9d61-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

Shortly after taking control of the Washington Wizards and Verizon Center in 2010, Ted Leonsis started asking team employees what he figured was an obvious question with an easy answer: Where’s the trophy? But instead of a simple answer, all Leonsis got in return was a lot of puzzled looks, shrugged shoulders and I-don’t-knows. Nobody, it seemed, had any clue as to the whereabouts of the 1978 Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy, symbolizing the lone NBA title in Bullets/Wizards franchise history. But then, finally, there was a breakthrough. Someone recalled someone else saying sometime awhile back that Smokey Bowie, the late building manager/head engineer/jack-of-all-trades who had been with the franchise since the old Capital Centre days until passing away a few years ago, had at some point taken it home with him for safekeeping. And sure enough, a carload of team employees dispatched to Bowie’s old house found the trophy — scuffed up, tarnished and dented — at the bottom of a closet. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...dcc81c-9d61-11e2-9219-51eb8387e8f1_story.html

Shortly after taking control of the Washington Wizards and Verizon Center in 2010, Ted Leonsis started asking team employees what he figured was an obvious question with an easy answer: Where’s the trophy? But instead of a simple answer, all Leonsis got in return was a lot of puzzled looks, shrugged shoulders and I-don’t-knows. Nobody, it seemed, had any clue as to the whereabouts of the 1978 Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy, symbolizing the lone NBA title in Bullets/Wizards franchise history. But then, finally, there was a breakthrough. Someone recalled someone else saying sometime awhile back that Smokey Bowie, the late building manager/head engineer/jack-of-all-trades who had been with the franchise since the old Capital Centre days until passing away a few years ago, had at some point taken it home with him for safekeeping. And sure enough, a carload of team employees dispatched to Bowie’s old house found the trophy — scuffed up, tarnished and dented — at the bottom of a closet. 

I literally read this and shaked my head so god damn hard lol, at a point it's like how much lower can the franchise stoop

Statement from Bradley Beal on playing through his ankle injury

Should I have?” Beal said rhetorically. “No. But I was going to play regardless because I’m a hard-headed kid. That’s just how I am. I’m always competitive. I always want to play…

“I was glad that it was nothing too serious but I’m still upset by the fact that I can’t play. … I had a feeling it really wasn’t my ankle. It ended up being my fibula, but I’m glad its a stress reaction rather than a fracture or possibly broken. It’s nothing too painful. I can walk around, as long as I’m not running or jumping.”

Explains why it was on display on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom