Washington Wizards 2016-2017 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

How many wins will the Wizards get this season?

• Best year ever: over 60 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Best finish in a generation: between 50 and 60 wins

• A winning season, barely: 43-49 wins

• A losing season: 42-30 wins

• A total disaster, under 30 wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This is news that was simply unfathomable to me. Wow.
[h1]End of an Era: Phil Chenier won't return as CSN's primary Wizards Game Analyst[/h1]
I guess Christy Winters-Scott takes Phil's spot.

EDIT:

John disapproves
Not the Legend !!RT @PostSports: End of an era: Phil Chenier won't return as CSN's Wizards primary ... https://t.co/vQdj10oNom
— John Wall (@JohnWall) April 6, 2017
There should be some kind of petition here.  If you want to add Winters-Scott to the broadcast and have a three person team, that's fine.  They do exactly that in Charlotte, if I'm not mistaken.  

To me, though, the only acceptable way for Phil to lose this job should be for him to retire of his own volition.  

For decades, Phil Chenier has been one of the only sources of class associated with this sorry franchise.  To kick him to the curb now, after one decent season, is disgusting.  He's our Tom Heinsohn.  

Man why they gotta do that...

frown.gif

Phil and Buck were a great team. I always appreciated how they could laugh at themselves when they got players mixed up. I vividly remember one exchange a year or 2 ago that ended with Buck saying something like:
"Phil, we've screwed up so much it's a miracle that they still let us on air."

:rofl:

Man this is terrible to hear, I legit can't imagine watching a Wizards game without both of them. You can't replace that chemistry overnight smh

I'll take the win , but the bench is shaky as hell

Bojan played way too many minutes, he kept getting stripped. Idk why Brooks didn't put Otto in

Bobo got ZERO handles.

Also, crazy that Brooks is now giving Oubre crunch PT while Otto is on the bench.

Might be reading too much into it, but that max deal for Otto that I was 100% certain he was getting (pre-all star break) might not be happening. As a matter of fact, and someone brought this up in the NBA thread, but there might be reason to believe that Brooks thinks he can get the same/more production out of Oubre/Bobo (next year) than they would with Porter.

Bobo got ZERO handles.

Also, crazy that Brooks is now giving Oubre crunch PT while Otto is on the bench.

Might be reading too much into it, but that max deal for Otto that I was 100% certain he was getting (pre-all star break) might not be happening. As a matter of fact, and someone brought this up in the NBA thread, but there might be reason to believe that Brooks thinks he can get the same/more production out of Oubre/Bobo (next year) than they would with Porter.

definitely see that happening with Otto, same with Gortat who's been benched in crunch time quite a few times the last month or so but it also could be seen as giving them rest. Oubre is hands down a better defender than Otto so I won't complain on that end but we'll see in the playoffs how the rotation looks. Brooks can't be keeping Bojan out there if he's constantly turning the ball over and slow footed on defense

If the Wizards want to sustain this level of success next year they need to give him the contract, but I do like what I see from Oubre. 

Wizards need to get Boogie if they truly want to win a championship. We're good 1-3. We need a dominant big. His relationship with Wall and John being the star player will work wonders for Cousins bad attitude perception. I'd be frustrated too if I played for a bad team my whole career.

Wall with a rough shooting / high turnover game tonight, but it's still close.

Last edited:
The Heat own us for some reason. That last play was just dumb, why on earth would you put Whiteside in a screen when he's a great shot blocker?

Last edited:
Lackluster finish to the season..tough to fall one game short of 50...tough not to finish top 3..Mahinmi down for the start of playoffs

BUT..I love where this team is mentally going into the playoffs..Wall and Beal are going to lead us to where we need to be.

time to make that run!! Wizards in 5 against the Hawks.

View media item 2404576

Last edited:
Wiz in 6, I think not having Mahinmi is gonna hurt a little bit. Dwight gonna have his way with Gortat but Wall and Beal should dominate

Back
Top Bottom