Washington Wizards 2016-2017 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

How many wins will the Wizards get this season?

• Best year ever: over 60 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Best finish in a generation: between 50 and 60 wins

• A winning season, barely: 43-49 wins

• A losing season: 42-30 wins

• A total disaster, under 30 wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just when you thought the Wiz were gonna Wiz at the end, John said NOPE!

chase down block, closed the game out himself.

give us Boston!

^2-2, series split.

this is gonna be a tough one, but I think we can pull it out.

Man wall has been so damn great this series. Taking that step to place himself with the best pgs man [emoji]128546[/emoji]

12 to go

Lets destroy Boston 
devil.gif

The Wizards should pay attention to the things Rondo/Chicago did well vs Boston and utilize that in the upcoming series. I think the Wizards can pull this off in 6/7.

Need to take one of these first two games in Boston.

John Wall got 0 free throw attempts in game 1. This is why the NBA is so hard to take seriously. Had LeBron been Wall on those same plays he'd get the call. Strait BS.

The refs weren't that bad in my opinion (especially compared to some of the first round games versus the Hawks), but that is a bad look.

This was the perfect opportunity for them to steal a game on the road with the 16-0 lead, but their lack of defense on the perimeter is a serious problem. I have no idea why so many guys helped to the extent they did when IT drove. It left a shooter on the perimeter on almost every possession. Hopefully a franchise record in three point makes by the Celtics will serve as a wake-up call.

Hope Morris is okay too. Him leaving the game sped up the pace and allowed the Celtics to put more shooters on the floor by going even smaller.

Thought this was funny since I got this text just after mentioning to my friend I was watching with how soft the rims were. AgentZero 7 years ago knew what he was talking about.
laugh.gif

​​

Last edited:
So...

If Mahinmi doesn't play g2, will he wear a ski mask or sunglasses/wig combo when he goes to pick up his check?

Brooks needs to make some kind of adjustment on IT, he got so many easy looks because Gortat is too slow to contest his shots on a switch

1. Hopefully this is the last time Idiot "fans" call a game being over after an early 1st quarter lead. If that happens, you HAVE to be prepared for the other team coming back. #LawOfAverages.

2. I am sick of the logic of, "Post up, Post up." ANYTIME there is a size differential in a matchup. Folks screaming, "Otto should post IT up." For what? Who has Otto posted up before? That isn't his strength, That isn't the team's strength. Post Otto up and you fall RIGHT into the trap.

3. Boston made shots. Crowder especially.

4. Kief going out forced WAS to go smaller. Which allowed IT to not have to guard, which allowed him to get his groove back on offense.

5. Boston was supposed to win at home so stop crying.

6. Otto losing dollars by the day, Oubre gaining minutes by the day. As I said from the jump, Oubre is coming for that #1 spot.

our pick and roll defense was horrible as always. But as stated Boston did hit shots. IT has a few mid range jays that were wide open but still got to hit them. I didn't realize Crowder was that good of a 3 point shooter.

Avery Bradley is a great defender...but he better end up in early foul trouble in our home games...thats all im saying :lol:

I know its 1 game but i don't know if we can win this series.

our pick and roll defense was horrible as always. But as stated Boston did hit shots. IT has a few mid range jays that were wide open but still got to hit them. I didn't realize Crowder was that good of a 3 point shooter.

Avery Bradley is a great defender...but he better end up in early foul trouble in our home games...thats all im saying :lol:

I know its 1 game but i don't know if we can win this series.
Game 1 man :lol:

Yall have to stop calling series over after 1 game; a HOME game at that. :lol:

i can't help my DC sports fan pessimism....

caps lose game 1 to pens...ITS OVER
Skins make the playoffs....doesn't' matter its OVER

I'm too scared

6. Otto losing dollars by the day, Oubre gaining minutes by the day. As I said from the jump, Oubre is coming for that #1 spot.

Otto just gets manhandled out there by everyone, not just other forwards. That's the one thing I give Oubre credit for he's tough and not afraid of contact. Offensively though Oubre is a damn mess unless he's spotting up shooting. I've lost count of how many times he bulldozes to the paint to run into another defender and brick a layup or dunk. He's gotta develop an offensive move because he has none at this point

I'm not panicked after one game, we still have a chance to steal game 2 if the defensive effort is there and they go harder on the boards. The Wiz dominated the first quarter with Gortat but then disappeared for the rest of the game once Morris went out

I think it was the second half, and Boston was on a run; Oubre caught the ball at the top, drove into NOTHING, jump passed and Crowder or Al Horford picked it off. I was like, come on dude. He needs a one dribble minimum at this point man.

2. I am sick of the logic of, "Post up, Post up." ANYTIME there is a size differential in a matchup. Folks screaming, "Otto should post IT up." For what? Who has Otto posted up before? That isn't his strength, That isn't the team's strength. Post Otto up and you fall RIGHT into the trap.

BS mentioned this on his podcast last night. His exact words were, "Celtics Jedi Mindtricked BOS into posting up Otto, who has Otto ever posted up. If he is posting up, that means Wall/Beal are standing and watching the ball.

Back
Top Bottom