Watch This Physically Grueling Waitress Training Exhibition Video

Doing anything for the next 16 minutes?

Why not check out the latest viral video in China. Titled “Dandong Arirang Restaurant Training Exercise” it has been doing Gangnam Style numbers across Chinese microblogging sites. The tens of thousands of viewer reactions range from laughter to awe to shame.

If you’re still not decided on whether or not to invest the time, here’s a little rundown on the events that unfold in the video.
■ 0:00 – 6:05
The staff of roughly two dozen waitresses in red dresses line up and await the orders of a stern woman dressed in black. Together they shout motivational phrases such as (according to China Daily) “The fastest way to success is following the right people doing the right things.”
Also, they engage in Beijing Olympic opening ceremony-caliber synchronized routines. It’s sort of a combination of a chorus line, army drills, pattycake, and the Soul Train.

■ 6:05 – 7:56
Now it’s time for the “line of fire” which appears to be a tablecloth stretched and held at both ends by several additional members of the hotel staff. One by one, the women rush towards the line of fire only to be flung backwards by the mighty cloth. The rest of the restaurant staff watch on while steady clapping.

■ 7:56 – 10:57
Unable to overcome the line of fire, the women band together and begin hurling waitresses over the cloth one by one. At this point the viewer wonders what any of this has to do with waiting tables. With only the woman in black and one waitress left, they again try to charge themselves into the table cloth. Then, the woman in black selflessly bends over so that the final waitress may climb over her to get across the line.

■ 10:57 – 12:29
Alone, the woman in black tries again to run across the line. This goes on for a painfully long time until the woman can barely stand by herself. Meanwhile the viewer is wondering how much these people get paid.
Then they just drag her physically drained body across the damn line of fire.

■ 12:29 – 13:37
Exhausted and visibly shaken, the waitress and woman in black prepare for a final rally cry. Unfortunately, they lack the coordination of their previous efforts and some girls collapse here and there. I think at the 13:34 mark one of the girls gets clipped in the face by the woman in black madly waving her flag.
By this time, the whole affair has taken on a creepy cult-like vibe that makes the viewer feel kind of dirty for being a part of it.

■ 13-37 – 15:46
The ladies cool off by doing a quick shuffle step back into formation and shoot off a few more recitations. They then take a bow and head off to the back room to vomit.

The manager of this particular T.G.I Friday’s says he was pleased with the waiting staff’s performance and feels they really made the grade to serve your Tostado Nachos properly. Well done, gals!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/01/...raining-exhibition-video-goes-viral-in-china/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

maybe if the waitresses at applebees trained like this folks wouldn't wonder why its still open.

gals puttin' the s1w's to shame.

Seems like they are pledging to me.

They sound tighter than a lot of AKA's Iines I have seen.

Last edited:
Man I don't mess with the Chinese people anymore. I've been working on films with Chinese crews the last few months, and they are something else. Centuries and centuries and centuries of oppression has turned them into something else man.

Back
Top Bottom