Weird Nike Appreciation Thread

Was the Ultraposite the pinnacle of Foamposite?
I bought a used pair and they were badly scuffed yet the zoom air felt amazing!
Believe only the black pair released and Kidd wore a white pair and just found out there was a sample Penny pair!

All photos found online.
I'm quite sure the collage I made was from photos taken by Prof K of Kicksology.net

images.jpeg.jpg
20230922_124417.jpg
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-03-27-at-5.02.57-PM-1.png
z9jn7zgqligokaqbqba0.jpg
Someone has a pair of the black joints on GOAT. May pull the trigger on em again.

I remember awhile back finding a page with some super odd Nike shoes, not sure if they were just mock ups or if they were real I’ll have to see if I can find that page again, but weird and odd is exactly what they’re were

Foam Lites (I loved these)
IMG_0023.jpeg

How much lighter were they compared to Foamposite Pros/Ones?

This is the colourway which brought the hype (Nate Robinson's Kryptonate colourway from the 2009 dunk contest when he dunked over Dwight Howard)

s-l1200.jpg

Did anyone own anything front the MORF (Multiple Option Replacement Footwear) series?
I had the Pippen V but really wanted the Payton III for the white/black skin although the red interior bootie was my favourite of the three.

7862_original.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Foam lites were really nice, tho I never got around to grabbing a pair. Almost bit on all stars a few times, but couldn’t find for a good price (at the time). That all star year was by far the best all star pack for Nike, imo of course.

How much lighter were they compared to Foamposite Pros/Ones?

This is the colourway which brought the hype (Nate Robinson's Kryptonate colourway from the 2009 dunk contest when he dunked over Dwight Howard)

s-l1200.jpg

Did anyone own anything front the MORF (Multiple Option Replacement Footwear) series?
I had the Pippen V but really wanted the Payton III for the white/black skin although the red interior bootie was my favourite of the three.

7862_original.jpeg.jpg
Foam Lites were about the same weight as a Flightposite. Although you’d probably have to look up the specs. They felt a bit more agile on the court compared to the Foams. Should have never sold them. Got em at Nordstrom Rack in the Seattle area for like $60 back then.

Kryptonates were always a grail but always unattainable for me ($$$)

Yoo chapukas I forgot about those! So dope. I gotta see if I still have my fragment design book. Highlighted some cool HTMs, random pic from google
1695477413517.png

That navy slip pair made me think of the free orbit 2s, always thought those were cool
1695477460031.png

Were original hyperflights any better to play in than the retro? I heard that superhero pack that they did for like Lebron/Kobe/KD was trash

Were original hyperflights any better to play in than the retro? I heard that superhero pack that they did for like Lebron/Kobe/KD was trash

I had the original in royal blue but never had a retro. Don't think I ever played in them as there were much better options around that time. I was heavily influenced by Prof K's negative review on Kicksology.net titled "Less is Less"
So if the OGs were not good and the retros were trash compared to OGs (like most retros) then...

Last edited:

Dependablejay's collection of nike hoops and jordan is as good as it gets

Would’ve been all over these! Had all the other Battleground joints including the Tillary Park and the West 4th St. NYC “The Cage” t-shirts! Gettin old is a pain. Feel like Al Bundy on this site lol.

How were 18s on foot? Never had. 19s might be my fav hoop shoe ever. Had the OG black/red pair about 11-12 years ago, and got the retro flints (seen in my first pic in thread). I have to say I think the flint 19s were the best retro I've ever had in terms of true to original

How were 18s on foot? Never had. 19s might be my fav hoop shoe ever. Had the OG black/red pair about 11-12 years ago, and got the retro flints (seen in my first pic in thread). I have to say I think the flint 19s were the best retro I've ever had in terms of true to original
Salute to you brother, cuz I couldn’t do the standard 19. I did the SEs and that was it.

What do you think of those ISPAs? The product line intrigues me but nothing's compelled me to buy. The reacts were the closest I came but those were still relatively normal
1697211057953.png

ISPA has put out some solid shoes, imo. Saw those reacts at a clearance store few months after release, was disappointed I couldn’t find my sz.

Some of the stuff they’ve dropped have been super ugly, yet intriguing… almost wanted to buy just to try on/wear once and return (shout out to Nikes return policy), but I wouldn’t have felt right with those intentions.

Some stuff is fire, just overpriced (imo) so I never grabbed.

Back
Top Bottom