Welcome to our updated site!

Oh, I found the serious thread about the update. :rofl:

giphy.gif

Site starting to run nice and smooth. Thanks mods. Once I put in my donation, I think it’ll be tolerable again.

Only wish I could collapse the gallery option.

Page still jumping randomly while I type responses but I think that’s the advertisements acting up.

Do you guys know if pictures that are put in spoilers are showing up in the gallery? That would defeat the purpose of a spoiler no?

Had to turn off push notifications. Would've thought it'd be obvious to have a notification icon with a number, instead of an icon for each notification

I'm digging the new changes :nthat:

Bringing back the thread gallery is definitely appreciated.

Two things that I may have missed in the update:
  1. If I have my settings as email notifications completely turned off. In the old site, every time I would comment in a new thread, I get email notifications and would have to "disable all emails" all over again. Is this fixed?
  2. Can you change a poll in a thread without having to ask admins to do so?
Much appreciated and congrats on the new site! I dig the grey background too, it's easier on the eyes.

Can “Whats New” be the first set of links on the side pane (on mobile) before “Forums” so I can go directly to “Watched” vs having to close the “Forums” link first to hide it so I can see my watched threads? Right now it adds an extra step of having to close “Forums” first.

CD582051-1017-4237-AFEF-DA687E4AE69C.png

Still getting error messages for the majority of the posts where I embed from Instagram. At least on phone.

That’s been a problem for a while. Any way to fix?

Probably been addressed, but how do i get rid of the banner at the bottom asking for permission for push notifications? The link doesn't work and the "X" to close the banner doesn't work either. It's annoying having that at the bottom of the screen. Using Firefox, FYI.

Probably been addressed, but how do i get rid of the banner at the bottom asking for permission for push notifications? The link doesn't work and the "X" to close the banner doesn't work either. It's annoying having that at the bottom of the screen. Using Firefox, FYI.

It was mentioned if you have ad blocker some functions do not work. I disabled blocker and was able to click on it

The little red dot showing new posts in a watched thread, is way too small.

Furthermore I received a few likes after the switch, but no sign of that. There used to be a yellow number on the top right on your avatar but it's not there and if I look at the alert settings I have no idea which one that could be (I basically turned all alerts off). Also those new likes don't appear in my alerts overview, that stops on last Wednesday.

Also the Watched Threads link used to show only watched threads with new posts and with 1 additional click you could find all your watched threads. Now it leads you directly to all watched threads. Was this done on purpose?

And finally, speed has improved very much since the switch. :emoji_thumbsup:

A very common and useful search term ("TTS") is considered too short when doing a search. Same with "fit."

A very common and useful search term ("TTS") is considered too short when doing a search. Same with "fit."

Yeah, the "too short" or "too common" restrictions of the search function don't really work well for a sneaker forum (or many modern forums, I imagine :lol:)

I was a tester and I didn't notice that, my bad.

Well known fact NIKETALK search engine is garbage. Just use Google search engine less of a headache.

Last edited:
I didn't see any reason to change the old layout but change is inevitable.

I use desktop on mobile and I feel like the size of everything was much better before.
Everything fit better.

I'll probably get used to this just like the previous changes.

But I really liked the last version.
Last version was Jordan 1
This is like Jordan 3

Screenshot_20190928-163323.png

you spelled "going from Jordan 14, to Jordan 15" wrong.

new layout is a serious step back...da new toys we got in return only softens da disappointment.

Piggybacking a post of mine from yesterday and then @atdizzle's suggestion today:

One last thing :lol:, I can't tell when pinned posts have new posts at a glance. Could some way to distinguish get added to the back of the to-do list? I'm on mobile (Galaxy Note 9, Chrome)

id say if possible, make it so the pushpin is green if no new posts, and red like the red dots if new posts.

Is it possible to make the pin icon grey if there are no new posts, and red if there are?

Right now, I just tap the Jordan I High thread every few hours because I assume at least one new post would've been made since I can't tell one way or another on mobile.

Back
Top Bottom