WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Smh. Be a silent Spiderman partner Sony, and give Marvel management and control. Give Sony a small piece of the merchandise bit and I bet they cake more than they ever could by themselves. That's better than them further ruining the franchise with reinventions.

To take a quick break from the fan favorite Spidey and to probably the hero that has the least fans (that is having his own movie), AntMan got a "new" synopsis (if anyone cares :lol: ).

“The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man. Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.”

Let's just step back and imagine if Marvel's plan actually went all the way through and DC didn't move BvS....

Is it possible that two events that big happening at the exact same time could be what causes the "bubble burst"?

Can anybody pull up what those "critical remarks" were? I don't remember them.
he said the film was better before the producers started tinkering with the script

It’s interesting. I read a lot of the reactions from people and I had to stop because I could feel I was getting away from how I actually felt about it. For me, I read the script that Alex [Kurtzman] and Bob [Orci] wrote, and I genuinely loved it. There was this thread running through it. I think what happened was, through the pre-production, production, and post-production, when you have something that works as a whole, and then you start removing portions of it—because there was even more of it than was in the final cut, and everything was related. Once you start removing things and saying, “No, that doesn’t work,” then the thread is broken, and it’s hard to go with the flow of the story. Certain people at the studio had problems with certain parts of it, and ultimately the studio is the final say in those movies because they’re the tentpoles, so you have to answer to those people.

He went on to say

“But I’ll tell you this: Talking about the experience as opposed to how it was perceived, I got to work in deep scenes that you don’t usually see in comic book movies, and I got to explore this orphan boy—a lot of which was taken out, and which we’d explored more. It’s interesting to do a postmortem. I’m proud of a lot of it and had a good time, and was a bit taken aback by the response.

“It’s a discernment thing. What are the people actually saying? What’s underneath the complaint, and how can we learn from that? We can’t go, “Oh God, we ****** up because all these people are saying all these things. It’s ****.” We have to ask ourselves, “What do we believe to be true?” Is it that this is the fifth Spider-Man movie in however many years, and there’s a bit of fatigue? Is it that there was too much in there? Is it that it didn’t link? If it linked seamlessly, would that be too much? Were there tonal issues? What is it? I think all that is valuable. Constructive criticism is different from people just being *****, and I love constructive criticism. Hopefully, we can get underneath what the criticism was about, and if we missed anything.”
Yo lame where you at boy?

Even YOUR boy Garfield wasn't feeling ASM2! :smh: No star of a movie ever takes this much time to be 2nd guessing and bringing up these problems after they just were in a "masterpiece". You don't see RDJR bemoaning IM2 and IM3.

Errbody sleeping on this Ant-Man film. I believe it's gonna surprise
Yo lame where you at boy?

Even YOUR boy Garfield wasn't feeling ASM2!
mean.gif
No star of a movie ever takes this much time to be 2nd guessing and bringing up these problems after they just were in a "masterpiece". You don't see RDJR bemoaning IM2 and IM3.
He should. I can forgive IM3. IM2 is straight *** tho.

Let's just step back and imagine if Marvel's plan actually went all the way through and DC didn't move BvS....

Is it possible that two events that big happening at the exact same time could be what causes the "bubble burst"?

If it bursts, I don't think it would burst until after Avengers 3 part II

Everyone is waiting on that

After that, it's hard to predict. People may get to the point where they're not as excited about super mega team ups or they may not.

Infinity War Part II is 4 years away. I'm just going to try my best to enjoy the golden age of comic book movies and if it bursts after, it bursts. Nothing lasts forever.

Last edited:
It's not going to burst. These aren't the same costume and cape superhero movies that they use to be. They are utilizing other genre's as well and that's what will keep them fresh.

It's going to burst. Only reason they are successful is because they are creative concepts to those who don't read concepts. Sooner or later Hollywood will have to figure out why people set midnight/Thursday night viewing records for these movies and leave other movies for the Chinese audience. Also like it or not consumer taste will always change.

Last edited:
He'll Pixar shook these days. They did like congress and took a whole year off. If Pixar sweating, you know it can happen to anyone else.

Last edited:
It's going to burst. Only reason they are successful is because they are creative concepts to those who don't read concepts. Sooner or later Hollywood will have to figure out why people set midnight/Thursday night viewing records for these movies and leave other movies for the Chinese audience. Also like it or not consumer taste will always change.
Every film isn't going to make 700 - 1 billion dollars, but it's not going to burst. These films are guaranteed $500 mill easily.

I think it will burst, eventually.

Is it going to happen anytime soon?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
Going from averaging 750+ down to 500 is a HUGE drop. That is the bubble bursting :lol: no one said they were going to go bankrupt.

Also we are only getting 2 good superhero movies a year. Marvel but to kick it to 3, DC will be coming with two, Harry Potter coming back, James Bond rerose to popularity, Star Wars is gonna make bank, and it seems like X-Men will kick their game up not to mention whichever nerd franchise will be popular next. I still refuse to believe that people will spend that much extra on movies and all those other franchises should be included in the superhero genre imo.

I feel like with the budgets for these movies they will need to go bankrupt.

Alright, I'm going to need you all to agree with me now. This bubble will not burst. Say it now!!

Going from averaging 750+ down to 500 is a HUGE drop. That is the bubble bursting
laugh.gif
no one said they were going to go bankrupt.

Also we are only getting 2 good superhero movies a year. Marvel but to kick it to 3, DC will be coming with two, Harry Potter coming back, James Bond rerose to popularity, Star Wars is gonna make bank, and it seems like X-Men will kick their game up not to mention whichever nerd franchise will be popular next. I still refuse to believe that people will spend that much extra on movies and all those other franchises should be included in the superhero genre imo.

I feel like with the budgets for these movies they will need to go bankrupt.
They average 750?

Meh. These movies aren't coming out everyday. All those movies won't put too much of a dent in my pocket, and I don't make much.

Back
Top Bottom