WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Awesome movie. Really interested to see how they pull off the next one. Why did Spider-Man have to go though lol. I’m sure he ll be back. They all be back. Thanks to the time stone.

Reactions: ARK
IW had a 106 mil Friday...

For comparison's sake The Last Jedi did 105 and The Force Awakens did 119..

So yea I wouldn't be surprised if IW does over 230 domestic this weekend.

*edit

^well damn

seeing this reminded me of what my coworker asked me the other day. i saw this movie in dbox seats. and it was GOOD definitely, but the most recent star wars was INCREDIBLE in dbox. i dunno maybe star wars spoiled me in that regard. they coulda definitely went harder with the programming

Anyone else just becoming a bigger M’Baku fan? Something about that character and that actor always just gives good presence on screen. Even tho he’s a C list character right now, I was happy to see he didn’t vanish :lol:

This was literally the best this movie could be done given how much it had to process

Theme of sacrificing someone you love for the greater good
Stark wanting kids then holding "the kid" in his arms as he dies

Man

:wow: didnt see that angle at first.

seeing this reminded me of what my coworker asked me the other day. i saw this movie in dbox seats. and it was GOOD definitely, but the most recent star wars was INCREDIBLE in dbox. i dunno maybe star wars spoiled me in that regard. they coulda definitely went harder with the programming
What's dbox?

Anyone else just becoming a bigger M’Baku fan? Something about that character and that actor always just gives good presence on screen. Even tho he’s a C list character right now, I was happy to see he didn’t vanish :lol:
I enjoyed him in Black Panther. He really didn't have much to do in IW.

Round 2

3CB07869-D09C-41A3-BC49-E7CA2F38720C.jpeg
61B25439-1131-49BB-9F75-63B1262176DB.jpeg

Random question but has it been discussed how long the Russos are staying onboard to helm these Marvel films??

I gotta wonder after 4-5 movies of this scale,,, they'd be burnt out or just wanna move on after a certain point (im sure Lame will be rejoicing)

draxs comedy was a1. gotg2 drax comedy was so forced. he had me rollin in iw.

Funny thing about Drax is he's not trying to be funny. Everything he say's he is dead serious. He's just socially awkward and doesn't understand the meaning of a lot of words in other languages.

Reactions: sb
Ohh ok. The theater I went to don't have that. But whenever there was sound with big bass you can feel the rumble in your seats.

Felt like the Atmos mix for IW wasn’t very impressive. The Dolby screening had issues all around for me. One section of the screen looked slightly blurry and out of focus. None of my friends noticed but it bugged me throughout :smh:

Gonna have to do it again in IMAX

Random question but has it been discussed how long the Russos are staying onboard to helm these Marvel films??

I gotta wonder after 4-5 movies of this scale,,, they'd be burnt out or just wanna move on after a certain point (im sure Lame will be rejoicing)
That's a really good point...

It'll be hard to see them go.

They work really well, not only with Feige, but they're close with the McFeely brothers as well..together the five of them worked on WS, CW and the IW movies...

Felt like the Atmos mix for IW wasn’t very impressive. The Dolby screening had issues all around for me. One section of the screen looked slightly blurry and out of focus. None of my friends noticed but it bugged me throughout :smh:

Gonna have to do it again in IMAX

Please catch the IMAX, its clear as day. my second viewing was in RPX and it looked foggy and blurry.

I watched in dolby. For comparison's sake I also watched in dolby for ragnarok and bp.

I have no issues with picture but I could've sworn BP used sound better..

I'm watching in imax for the second viewing, this thurs

That's a really good point...

It'll be hard to see them go.

They work really well, not only with Feige, but they're close with the McFeely brothers as well..together the five of them worked on WS, CW and the IW movies...

Yeah, they've pretty much mastered how to make well-paced, balanced Marvel movies and know the characters inside out.

As much praise as I have for Joss (I still hold the first Avengers movie as the best Marvel film to date),,, I have to give the Russos credit for bringing MCU where it is to this point.

What's dbox?
Those shaking chair joints :lol:
thats REALLLLLLLLLLLY putting it lightly. if youve ever ridden the spiderman at islands of adventure its more like that. the seats are programmed to move with the movie and let you feel effects on screen. its actually really immersive and totally changes the experience of a movie. but stars was use of it was the most incredible **** ive ever experienced in a theater. in this movie it was cool and the fight scenes were great, but it couldnt live up to star wars. especially the scenes of the horse chase and the biggest holy **** moment when the ships collided in warp speed. felt like i got hit by a kamehameha lmao

Yeah, they've pretty much mastered how to make well-paced, balanced Marvel movies and know the characters inside out.

As much praise as I have for Joss (I still hold the first Avengers movie as the best Marvel film to date),,, I have to give the Russos credit for bringing MCU where it is to this point.

Ah but that's the thing. The russos don't know their characters inside out, and they're self aware of that. Every account of the russos paint them as more collaborative than Joss Whedon was. As in open to suggestions from the actors, suggestions from outside voices such as James Gunn, Ryan Coogler etc. They were open to suggestions from the writers such as the McFeely brothers. And they were more willing to delegate things. They had a wider circle of people they entrusted tasks to. Whedon didn't sound as collaborative or open. He knew what he wanted and he wanted to stick to it. And Whedon didn't delegate, he liked to do things himself. It was no surprise, in hindsight, that Joss had burnt himself out.

Joss's vision worked for A1, thankfully

Ah but that's the thing. The russos don't know their characters inside out, and they're self aware of that. Every account of the russos paint them as more collaborative than Joss Whedon was. As in open to suggestions from the actors, suggestions from outside voices such as James Gunn, Ryan Coogler etc.

Oh, okay. See, I had no idea about that. Coulda fooled me because everybody's interactions in IW was seamless and felt completely within character.

While A1 I consider the best Marvel movie, Guardians Vol. 1 is actually my favourite. And the quips and jokes in IW felt straight outta Vol 1. Had me thinking Russos leap-frogged Gunn in how to handle his own characters

Oh, okay. See, I had no idea about that. Coulda fooled me because everybody's interactions in IW was seamless and felt completely within character.

While A1 I consider the best Marvel movie, Guardians Vol. 1 is actually my favourite. And the quips and jokes in IW felt straight outta Vol 1. Had me thinking Russos leap-frogged Gunn in how to handle his own characters
Nope. James Gunn definitely had a voice on how his characters were to be directed.

I think Feige deserves a lot of credit for creating a synergistic work environment.

From what I read the McFeelys and the Russos would hang out with each other at bbqs and they'd be shooting ideas around the table about what if this happens, what if that happens...kinda like how fans would discuss their favorite movies with each other...only with these four guys they could actually make the stuff they say happen lol

Yo my fiances family just ruined the God damn movie for me. I' deadass pissed. I'e been waiting for this **** since I was a ****ing kid. Yo. If it wasnt over the phone I would choke son.

Anybody that ruins a movie like this for someone else can eat a whole **** with sprinkles deadass.

God damnit

I already couldn' see it on my birthday ****ing around with her fam. Had the tickets and everything and they came in from out of town and wanted to come but as everyone knows **** is sold out.
So I had to settle for today at 7:30.
Now this.

I know nobody cares but I had to vent. On God, **** that *****. ****ing clown.

The Russo Bros. have gone on record saying they're done after Avengers 4.

Back
Top Bottom