WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

What did everyone think of Wanda being held at HQ?

Stark should have talked to her and just have Vision chilling with her where ever she went. Keeping her on house arrest without talking to anyone is kind shady as hell. They act like she made the damn bomb.

Stark should have talked to her and just have Vision chilling with her where ever she went. Keeping her on house arrest without talking to anyone is kind shady as hell. They act like she made the damn bomb.

I think it's the fact that she's the most powerful out of all.

Vision is the only one who could probably contain her.

She's fragile and unstable that's why they really didn't try and explain things to her. She was cool with it until clint showed up

Still think they could have treated her like an adult and told her. We supposed to be a team? This isn't a team... its a ticking time bomb.

I just want to watch this over and over again. If only I had more friends so I could watch it multiple times 
laugh.gif

"I played 18 holes, I can't seem to miss" -Hawkeye

*shoots arrow and miss*

"Well, there's a first time for everything" -Iron Man"

"But I made you look" -Hawkeye

*cars come crashing down on Iron man*

:wow:

Overall I liked the movie alot.. Spider-Man stole the show... Waaaaay too much Bucky camera time...

Is like to see everybody that hated Bvs defend this tho... They both basically followed the same plot..

And there was plenty of "Martha" moments in this movie...

Overall I liked the movie alot.. Spider-Man stole the show... Waaaaay too much Bucky camera time...

Is like to see everybody that hated Bvs defend this tho... They both basically followed the same plot..

If you're going to compare this movie to that mess

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tell me. How do you defend Spiderman having more lines in this movie than Superman did in BvS. Believe me, someone counted :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

13 movies of character building versus 1 solo film. Yup same plot and execution. :smh:

Saw this comment on a youtube video

"Did anyone else think that when Tony funded the MIT projects he might have funded a future villain?"

This would be a great idea for Iron Man 4.

Saw this comment on a youtube video

"Did anyone else think that when Tony funded the MIT projects he might have funded a future villain?"

This would be a great idea for Iron Man 4.

O_O

Yes BvS and CW have similar plot beats but one was handled better. How come some people don't get that?

Also I must say, while the Russo's don't necessarily have a really distinctive or strong visual storytelling style...

I must say, they are just masterful story telling technicians, if that makes sense, in both a macro and micro sense.

In the macro

they ere able to pack so many characters story lines and plots and make them cohere into film, and service every character with a satisfying character arc.

and in the micro sense,

the airport sequence is just incredible, never once are you lost or confused, never once does it look fake, or just like a jumble of CGI visual diarrhea like BvS. Its just A++ visual storytelling.

The Russo's re like the bizzaro Zach Snyder, All Substance with minimal style. and becasue of that they are probabaly the perfect Marvel directors,

13 movies of character building versus 1 solo film. Yup same plot and execution. :smh:

When I say same plot as Bvs Im speaking on the movies basically start with showing everybody's motivation (losing a loved one) just like Bvs.. They both were lazy in showing the characters motivation imo.. Very cliche

The movie had mad cheesy "Martha" moments.. Just like Bvs..

They both had a main antagonist, who happened to only be human, manipulating the most powerful beings on the planet into fighting each other...

Bucky was overused... Like waaay overused..

Spider-Man and iron-man were amazing...

I enjoyed the movie alot.. I genuinely did..I just saw alot of parallels to Bvs is all...

:lol:

Even if I bought it had the same plot (it didn't), the 2 movies are in 2 different circumstances to lead up to the fighting.

Also what Martha moments? Who found out that their mother had the same name as somebody else and then ended the fighting and teamed up? WHO? :nerd:

To be clear this movie did not have the same plot. Batffleck is angry at Supes cuz he's a threat and what happened with Zod's invasion. Supes wants to put an end to Batffleck cuz he's a psycho killer branding the criminals he doesn't kill just so they could be killed in prison by other inmates. I mean while Batffleck had his Martha crap to make him come to his senses they never bothered explaining why Superman suddenly was okay with Batffleck killing villains, dude just tried to ask for his help, got curb stomped, temporarily allied to fight a monster, got nuked, then sacrificed himself to kill the monster. I can't even get in to any of the nonsensical plot part involving Lex and his jar of piss.

This movie had a very clear plot. Avengers been causing damage and loss of life while they go around saving the day. They go on missions in to countries with no permission, innocent bystanders die during them. They needed to be better guidelines, accountability and global authority put in place. One guy disagreed cuz he's not that smart and his friends are insanely loyal to him and cynical so most side with him. Tony believes this is the right way to go and the more responsible Avengers side with him. There's a bad guy orchestrating events involving Bucky which brings in BP and he gets found out. Tony's side doesn't know. He's given a deadline to bring Cap and his side in. Cap recruits a few ppl and Tony fills out his side as well. They fight. Then the finale is Cap, Bucky, and, IM going after the bad guy thinking he's about to get control of deadly "weapons" but it's a trap and Tony is hit with a revelation that is very personal that involves Bucky and so he ends up fighting Bucky and Cap.

How are those plots the same? Where is the multiple "Martha" moments in Civil War?

Last edited:
'Lazy in showing character motivation'

Are you sure you're not talking about BvS?

:lol:

The conversation that Tony and Spidey had in Pete's bedroom was more extensive than any conversation than any conversation Bats and Supes had in their movie. That's just a disgrace. Bats didn't know Supes at all but hated Supes like he ****** his momma.

Eff outta here with poor character motivation. :lol:

Last edited:

When I say same plot as Bvs Im speaking on the movies basically start with showing everybody's motivation (losing a loved one) just like Bvs.. They both were lazy in showing the characters motivation imo.. Very cliche
That's not a plot but yes both movies showed the motivations for why characters did the things they did. That's what movies are suppose to do.

To me I chalked Cap's opposition to his stupidity and clear bias for his friend but I won't disagree with you if you felt it was lazy but how was Tony Stark's motivation lazy? They gave one legit scene that stated it clear as day.
The movie had mad cheesy "Martha" moments.. Just like Bvs..
You keep saying this but haven't gave one example.

They both had a main antagonist, who happened to only be human, manipulating the most powerful beings on the planet into fighting each other...
One guy blew up a Senate building to make Superman look bad and then somehow mocked Batman in to stealing kryptonite he wanted to be stolen by Batman. Then he kidnaps dude's mother and tells him to go kill Batman to save her. After being mocked by Lex for some reason Batman is now convinced it's time to kill Superman. Keep in mind Batffleck already wanted to fight Superman and Superman already wanted to put an end to Batffleck. Before any Lex manipulation Supes told Bats that he was done.

Zemo on the other hand, took advantage of the Sokovia accords being signed by the Avengers and the meeting. Framed TWS for it. Brainwashed Bucky with the Hydra code words when he was captured and made him think he wanted control of the other Hydra winter soldiers that were in stasis so that at least guarantees Cap and Bucky would come for him. The shaky part is him assuming Iron Man would show up for him to then see video evidence of his parents death which would further widen the gap and cause friction leading to him fighting Cap and Bucky. You can even say he assumed more Avengers wouldn't show up to easily beat him before he showed any video.

So yeah they both had humans who happened to manipulate powerful ppl in to fighting. Although Zemo did a better job of it.

Bucky was overused... Like waaay overused..
Really? Given he's at the center at what causes the actual conflict (causing Cap to actually go rogue and fight his own teammates) I don't know if he was. This was a sequel to Captain America: The Winter Soldier where Bucky is in an antagonist role due to framing and his brainwashing. Makes sense he was the main guy being chased or fought. I mean who else could Zemo frame where it'd cause somebody to stick up for that person and fight on his behalf? Ant-Man? and there's really nobody else but Bucky who Cap would be going so hard to fight for unless you're gonna pull a Peggy's not dead, now she's old and evil for some reason.

Last edited:
The parallels are there with BvS because you're going with a story about about multiple superheroes with different ideologies that come to fever pitch due to collateral damage.

In Civil War some **** goes down in Africa, 170 countries come up with government sanctioned approval to control the Avengers.

In BvS some **** goes down in Africa, and nobody really gave a **** after that.

BvS has officially been disgraced.

Back
Top Bottom