WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Iron man was reduced to tossin christmas ornaments when he aint have his powered jetsuit.

the Goons had Tony tied to a bedspring hopeless without his gear

How can Spidey go from fighting members of the Avengers and then go back to life as a high school kid in his stand alone?

Go from epic fight with Super Heroes to John Hughes esque high school comedy/drama

It's not really complex. He's a teenager, and he actually likes school.

Last edited:
my man............
he said,

is that not what batman is????
am I missing an origin story where batman grew up with super powers???

Batman's still a better superhero because he has much more going for him than a jetpack and some basic boot camp automatic weapons training

Even with no powers, you look at RFX45's avatar and think comic book superhero. You look at Falcon and think dude with jetpack and two guns

Again, no hate towards Anthony Mackie. But still

Last edited:
this fool just compared Falcon to Batman. :smh: I'm out.

Damn near the main thing about Batman is that he's a "badass normal" though. :rolleyes Falcon is trash regardless and always has been, with mediocre storytelling, but it doesn't change the fact that the similarity is there. Same in terms of comparing him to Captain America, Black Panther, Green Arrow, etc. All "normal" heroes are similar.

Last edited:
Not sure where the all hate on MCU Falcon(or his comic character) is coming from. He had a supporting role in the TWS, minor role in AoU, and basically a cameo in Antman. Even if you don't like his character, It's not like they are shoving him in our face. While yeah, they both are just humans, comparing Falcon to Batman really is pointless. Batman gets treated in an entirely different way, power creep and all.

Last edited:
Does Hawkeye's ability with bow & arrows place him above "normal" heroes?

:nerd:

Who are are talking about in terms of "normal" heroes? Because if we talking about just MCU, Hawkeye(& Black Widow) are going to be your baseline for "normal" heroes, being above a standard soldier/assassin human.

I mean technically. Hawkeye and falcon have the same meta human powers of advanced sight.
Abilities Excellent bird trainer
Skilled martial artist and gymnast
Flight via wing harness
Empathic link with pet falcon
Limited control over birds
Ability to see through the eyes of nearby birds

Last edited:
BW, Hawkeye, Batman all have very unique skillsets.

Falcon has a jetpack and two GTAV SMGs :lol:

Hawkeye shoots arrows with a bow my man. You then add on some martial arts training. Outside of the arrows he doesn't have a single skill that numerous other people don't have. Hell, Black Widow his Hawkeye minus the bow and arrows, and with some hand to hand weapons instead. Falcon uses his jet pack to fly, has the ability to control birds (comic), and then just has martial arts training as well, and instead uses guns over a bow and arrow. :lol: In terms of abilities these people aren't that different at all. They just use different equipment. (With Batman in turn having his array of gadgets)

What makes some more interesting over the others is in terms of how he/she is written.

Last edited:

I mean technically. Hawkeye and falcon have the same meta human powers of advanced sight.
Flight via wing harness

So he's the Aquaman of the sky but worse?

I...

I... finally watched antman in a theatre all by myself last night and I LOVED IT! The quantum realm had me tripping out

Why we got all these cross topic talks going on in multiple threads..

Had to double check if I was in the marvel thread

RUMOR ALERT...

According to a recent report by 11 Alive News, Marvel had rented out furniture from a famous prop shop in Atlanta, Georgia, to fill "scenes inside Peter Parker's bedroom." So, amid the battle between Captain America, Iron Man, the Avengers and other evil forces, as well as the introduction of Black Panther, Captain America: Civil War will see Peter Parker in his NYC(?) home.

Because of this report, more rumors are swirling that Aunt May might make her debut in CW.
View media item 1677789

Last edited:
my man............
he said,

is that not what batman is????
am I missing an origin story where batman grew up with super powers???

Batman's still a better superhero because he has much more going for him than a jetpack and some basic boot camp automatic weapons training

Even with no powers, you look at RFX45's avatar and think comic book superhero. You look at Falcon and think dude with jetpack and two guns

Again, no hate towards Anthony Mackie. But still
Not really.

If you want to oversimplify and rationalize it to death Batman is just as lame but yall won't dwell on that.

Flight via wing harness

So he's the Aquaman of the sky but worse?
Not worse about the same. There's a Hawkman comparison in there as well (minus the alien origin and any superhuman ability). Only difference is Aquaman was put in the JL so writers at times have tried their hardest to raise his profile, popularity, and even revamp his entire look to make him appear cool.

When it comes to heroes with no powers (or at least no obvious offensive super powers) it's down to how they're written.

Marvel views and approaches theirs very differently. Which is why Falcon didn't end up some weapon's master wielding an axe, sword, and sniper rifle, etc. Same reason BW is pretty much the same as well as Hawkeye since their origins. Stan, Jack, Roy, Steve, etc. really didn't see much value making their baseline human superheroes Marvel versions of Batman or at least the Batman of the 80s onward.

Pretending there's any huge difference between Hawkeye and Falcon is preposterous.

Storytelling will always be the difference.

Last edited:
I can picture it now, Cap and IronMan battling it out, IronMan throws cap into a random building, which happens to be Peter house, Cap and Ironman fighting it out in the living room, IronMan flys away in the air, Cap turns to a random women ( who happens to be Aunt May) and says sorry about what we did to your home, Avengers will sure to reimburse you. Aunt May with a shocked look on her face says I'm sure glad Peter wasn't here to see this.

Back
Top Bottom