Well, it's safe to say that I'll never get an American made car ever again! (Minus the Corvette or a

I got a 2007 Impala that I purchased used back in 2010(My first car) with 54,812 miles. The car didn't have no issues until it hit 112k miles a few weeks ago. When I was getting my oil changed, the guys told me that I had an oil leak from my rear main seal. That was $1495..smdh! Then, I see that my Ac compressor went out and that cost me, $656. Now, my car at very random times just shuts off on me, but everything in my dash still operates, which is weird Got a Diagnostic at a local mechanic and they couldn't read anything on their computer screen. Do you guys think I should go to the dealer to get a diagnostic and if I do, do you think they will give me a definite answer as to what is wrong? I'm so tired of this car. Next year, I'm trading this car in and getting a Brand new Avalon Limited.

Have any on you guys realize that Domestic cars are trash? Like, why is it that they don't make cars to actually last like Honda, Toyota, and etc.?

Last edited:
I have had an AC compressor problem, they(Chevy) told me "we'll replace it for $1200". I drove away with no AC. I researched it on line, brought the piece I needed for $40 and fixed it myself. AC works better than before. But I have bought American cars, I've only had minor problems. Me and my wife's first car was a Kia, and it never gave me any problems, I wish I sti had it.

2 JEEPS and a Cadilac  all running well.  We got an infiniti to but frankly lord knows where that thing was built lol

Last edited:
My Tesla had a burned charge adapter. The pano roof also leaked water for who knows how long (hardly any rain in SoCal) so everytime I had the car washed it would leak under the passenger floor and I didn't find out till a month and a half ago. All that accumulated water caused some weird corrosion or chemical reaction underneath that caused a chemical burn in my sinus.

Despite the leaking, I've had other people at Tesla try and tell me a leak from the roof is normal. BMW, MB, and Nissan have never had a leak at all. Those cars have always been water tight; maybe the sunroof might fail but water never leaked.

Last edited:
Bruh impalas are garbage

American cars like te impala and conalt are trash actually gm as a whole is trash

Only cop an american truck or sports car like mustang or chally or vette

There normal cars are garbage

Honda and toyota>>

:lol: I've heard nothing but bad things about the Toyota Avalon. Not to say Toyota makes bad cars, I just really hate them, ESPECIALLY Corollas and Prius's.

I've had a 2001 Silverado and it was awesome. Didn't give me any problems. I got a 2005 Cadillac CTS and nothing major as far as expenses. It burns oil so I just have to make sure I check it and don't let it get too low.

Plan on buying another Silverado this year. I at first wanted a new Silverado but I'm thinking about buying an early to mid 2000's Silverado 2500 with the 6.6L :pimp:

Rode a used whip for 60k, no maintenance till it hit over 100k and it sucks? Where's your logic cuh?

:lol: no kidding

Bruh impalas are garbage

American cars like te impala and conalt are trash actually gm as a whole is trash

Only cop an american truck or sports car like mustang or chally or vette

There normal cars are garbage

Honda and toyota>>

You're drunk papi, go home.

Its the other way around for me. Foreign cars give me the most headache. Had a 95 benz for years then when ish started going wrong it was a big deal. Broke my key in the ignition. 700 for a new key 5k to fix the ignition switch and steering column. Not to mention it was 100 bucks just to get my oil changed. Yeah American made >

2006 Chevy impala

Had it for 6 years.

Copped in 09 with 20k from an old woman... Sitting at 165 and running very well

Earl change every 3k...

A/c still chill.

No engine problems.

Only thing outside of regular maintenance was rack and pinion or whatever was leaving power steering fluid...

I used to have 22" and it rubbed it over the course of time

Got it fixed for 500...

All that to say, you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Nah bro, American >

I've owned 2 chevy's in my life and 1 Audi...Chevy's are the best American cars imo

Needless to say no more Audi's for me

That being said I am thinking about a 328 inline 6 or a Range Rover for my next car....

Asian cars >

They manufacture so that the parts are difficult to break and their management style is customer first, not the bullish and take what I give you style the Americans use.

Read about in management class learning about the turn around of the Japanese car industry

Last edited:
Asian cars >

They manufacture so that the parts are difficult to break and their management style is customer first, not the bullish and take what I give you style the Americans use.

Read about in management class learning about the turn around of the Japanese car industry
maybe 2 decades ago

Bit it's 2015.

You think American manufacturers were just idly sitting by and watching their market share shrink?

And cats still ask me why Id rather lease a car :lol:

Just lease, papi. Turn your car in every 30-40k miles and get something new. You get to drive a new whip every 3 years.

Ain't no point in owning a car. It's a depreciating asset. Treat it like what it is. Use it, abuse it, wear it out, then turn it in for something new.

(Unless you into classic cars and collect it like Pokemon cards or something)

And cats still ask me why Id rather lease a car :lol:

Just lease, papi. Turn your car in every 30-40k miles and get something new. You get to drive a new whip every 3 years.
It's logical, but then again, it's like you're going to be paying a car note for a good portion of your life..

It's logical, but then again, it's like you're going to be paying a car note for a good portion of your life..

Just another bill, papi. If you own a car, you gonna be spending $100-$200 here and there for repairs and maintenance. Maybe not all at once, but one year, you might pay $1200 for a new part or compressor or etc. That comes out to $100 a month for that year. Not to mention any miscellaneous repairs. Might as well use that on a lease payment when you don't have to worry about those things

Last edited:
i think people need to understand how does the value of an asset and its utility work together.

Back
Top Bottom